Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

1,605 posts in this topic

Since we're on the subject of half baked right-wing talking points that they trot out every time a cop kills someone and/or people criticize the police:

Remember that time the NRA said absolutely nothing to defend Philando Castile, who was shot for being a legal gun owner? He even informed the officer he had the gun with him in the car so he wouldn't think he was going for his gun when he went to get the requested car registration and insurance paperwork. Oh well. I'm sure his family, who watched him get shot and die in the car with them, will feel better knowing that the cop who killed their loved one was just a dud, even if he'll never know justice for his actions.

mfaulk57158 and Dago 3.0 like this

15 minutes ago, Serge said:

Friday: What you don't understand about my position is: ALL lives matter.

Saturday: Instead of trying to improve law enforcement and make laws themselves less oppressive, we should ask fewer questions when cops kill someone. 

I support All Lives Matter because Black Lives Matter is too divisive.

Also, if they didn't want to get shot by cops then why haven't they considered having a less violent culture?

Dago 3.0, Billy Ocean, Serge and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Also, if they didn't want to get shot by cops then why haven't they considered having a less violent culture?

Sorry you feel that way about policemen.  The policemen in  our town are great and well respected.  One restaurant even named a sandwich after our sheriff.  They do so much good that goes unnoticed.  You are choosing to dwell on the negatives and you will end up a bitter person one day. 

A lot of people posting in this thread have grave misconceptions about neighborhood police and exactly what they do in our communities.  Let me invite you to National Night Out 2017  this coming Tuesday evening sponsored by local police departments across America.  There will be food, entertainment, and interactive displays.  It's a chance to meet your community servants and first responders.

6 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Your solution is to control the cops instead of policing the criminals. They're trying your solution in Baltimore and Chicago and it's working as intended. NO cops means higher crime, but everyone stopped hearing about the police harassment problems.

So now that the problem is solved, do we address the violent culture or accept it as conservative "red herring?" Do you feel there is nothing left to address if we keep the cops on a leash?

The Great American likes this

1 hour ago, unbelievable said:

Your solution is to control the cops instead of policing the criminals. They're trying your solution in Baltimore and Chicago and it's working as intended. NO cops means higher crime, but everyone stopped hearing about the police harassment problems.

So now that the problem is solved, do we address the violent culture or accept it as conservative "red herring?" Do you feel there is nothing left to address if we keep the cops on a leash?

Again, I addressed that and offered solutions. You can’t let that talking point go even when it is addressed because you do not have it in you to acknowledge the issues within law enforcement and criminal justice in this country.

8 hours ago, The Great American said:

Sorry you feel that way about policemen.  The policemen in  our town are great and well respected.  One restaurant even named a sandwich after our sheriff.  They do so much good that goes unnoticed.  You are choosing to dwell on the negatives and you will end up a bitter person one day. 

The bitter people seem to be the ones getting mad about people bringing attention to these issues.

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The bitter people seem to be the ones getting mad about people bringing attention to these issues.

Its certainly a two way street.  I was thinking more about you because you really seem outspoken and opinionated about a lot of different things.  I apologize if I'm wrong.   

3 hours ago, The Great American said:

A lot of people posting in this thread have grave misconceptions about neighborhood police and exactly what they do in our communities.  Let me invite you to National Night Out 2017  this coming Tuesday evening sponsored by local police departments across America.  There will be food, entertainment, and interactive displays.  It's a chance to meet your community servants and first responders.

Glad everything is working out in your neighborhood and with your skin pigmentation. Possibly if you could empathize a moment with those who don't share either, maybe you could see some of their concerns. 

But absolutely nothing in any of your posts suggest that you have any interest in that. Things are going well for you so that's all that matters, right? 

47 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Howdy. I'm the sheriff of sucking cops off. I'm gone suck cops off.

SNIO2j5.gif

Jerry-Seinfeld-No.gif

You're bigger than this.  You're "The Billy Ocean" message board legend.  

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Glad everything is working out in your neighborhood and with your skin pigmentation. Possibly if you could empathize a moment with those who don't share either, maybe you could see some of their concerns. 

But absolutely nothing in any of your posts suggest that you have any interest in that. Things are going well for you so that's all that matters, right? 

Are you trying to lay 100% of the blame on our policemen?  

Just now, The Great American said:

Are you trying to lay 100% of the blame on our policemen?  

I'm laying the vast majority of the blame on the drug war and mass incarceration which has warped the culture of law enforcement. That culture allows for unnecessary brutality with little to no accountability. It allows police to take property from citizens many times without even charging them with a crime. The poor are most often victims of this. It goes far beyond the individual police officer.

It's nice that you know some good policemen. So do I. But that certainly doesn't mean that the culture of law enforcement isn't in need of repair. 

You gotta have commitment to an online persona if you're going to nakedly steer a thread away from nuanced conversation and towards nonsense extremes that serve no purpose except to distract from what's already been said.

7 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

"Why do they have to protest during the anthem? Don't they know the deli in my town named a sandwich after one of our cops? A SANDWICH!"

cristina-yang-nobody-cares-gif.gif?w=440

1 hour ago, Zaphod said:

"Why do they have to protest during the anthem? Don't they know the deli in my town named a sandwich after one of our cops? A SANDWICH!"

A sandwich may sound silly to you but what's been named in your honor?