Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

1,623 posts in this topic

Just now, The Great American said:

I didn't go back and read but was that the case where the kid had a gun with the orange cap removed?

Yes, and I already know how you're going to excuse cops murdering a child so just save it.

Billy Ocean likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Yes, and I already know how you're going to excuse cops murdering a child so just save it.

This statement should end all debate.

It doesn't matter what anyone says, no one is going to change their minds.

"Let's go to the root problem" apparently meant letting someone else point out all the ways police are made more dangerous and less trustworthy than they should be, and instead of engaging any of those reasons, directing attention towards the "other half of the equation," that being why civilians deserve to get shot. 

Billy Ocean likes this

1 minute ago, Serge said:

"Let's go to the root of the problem" apparently meant letting someone else point out all the ways police are made more dangerous and less trustworthy than they should be, and instead of engaging any of those reasons, directing attention towards the "other half of the equation," that being why civilians deserve to get shot. 

What is the solution?

Follow Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, London, Paris, and designate NO GO zones where the police are not welcome so there won't be any conflict?

Just now, unbelievable said:

What is the solution?

Follow Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, London, Paris, and designate NO GO zones where the police are not welcome so there won't be any conflict?

wut

12 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm pretty sure the policemen were not excused for their roles in Rices death.  There was an investigation and the case went before a grand jury.  

Just now, Serge said:

wut

The root of the problem is that People are upset that cops are arresting criminals. The obvious solution is to keep them from interacting.

Just now, unbelievable said:

The root of the problem is that People are upset that cops are arresting criminals. The obvious solution is to keep them from interacting.

"So I get the flu and I don't like shots, what should I do, drill a hole in my head to let the demons out? I don't even like needles!"

8 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I'm pretty sure the policemen were not excused for their roles in Rices death.  There was an investigation and the case went before a grand jury.  

Those grand juries are jokes. Prosecutors will not go after cops unless their union ditches them because prosecutors need the cops so they can do their jobs. If they press against cops who the unions have not abandoned then that prosecutor will be out of the job in short order since the cops will then refuse to cooperate with their office until a more cop friendly prosecutor replaces them.

9 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

People are mostly mad about cops murdering people and routinely getting away with it, the militarization of the police, and other stuff like how they can legally steal stuff from you through extremely broad civil forfeiture laws.

Or we can go with your childish version of things.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

People are mostly mad about cops murdering people and routinely getting away with it, the militarization of the police, and other stuff like how they can legally steal stuff from you through extremely broad civil forfeiture laws.

I think you're being fed a load of crap.  When are you going to face the fact that there's a lot if violence in our society that has to be dealt with? 

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Is your solution wide-spread reduction in authority of law enforcement?

No more guns. No more confiscation. No more criminal intervention? What do you see is the role of police; I'm curious to know. 

7 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I think you're being fed a load of crap.  When are you going to face the fact that there's a lot if violence in our society that has to be dealt with? 

Do we really have to deal with it?

People seem to be more angry at Cops shooting criminals than letting criminals shoot each other. You don't see much media coverage (or protests) over the increased homicide rate in Chicago and Baltimore since the cops moved out. 

Edited by unbelievable

4 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Much of the violence is fueled by poverty. That poverty forces many to turn to crime to make money, and there is a lot of money in the drug trade thanks to our senseless prohibition which has not worked and never will. That poverty has been made worse through 'starving the beast' from the right, means tested welfare reform from the center, and no real effort from either to implement a strategy to revitalize the areas hit by deindustrialization. There are a plethora of other things fueling this, such as the idiotic way we fund public schools, but that is the crux of it.

Now, are you going to acknowledge that cops routinely get away with murdering people, that our precincts of poorly trained cops are being militarized by the government dumping excess military equipment on them, and that they indeed abuse civil forfeiture laws? Or are you going to keep pretending that none of this is an problem?

Billy Ocean and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

8 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

Do we really have to deal with it?

People seem to be more angry at Cops shooting criminals than letting criminals shoot each other. You don't see much media coverage (or protests) over the increased homicide rate in Chicago and Baltimore since the cops moved out. 

The only ones who are holding cops to the same standards as gang members are their apologists.

Billy Ocean likes this

10 minutes ago, unbelievable said:

Is your solution wide-spread reduction in authority of law enforcement?

No more guns. No more confiscation. No more criminal intervention? What do you see is the role of police; I'm curious to know. 

Solutions: Better recruitment standards, crush their unions and start them anew, give all of them deescalation training, don't let any of them have guns until they learn how to properly use them (eg. proper trigger discipline), make them live in the communities they police, rescind all military grade equipment from police departments with the exception of SWAT units, completely revamp judicial accountability for bad cops, end the drug war, etc.

Their role: Law enforcement.

Billy Ocean likes this

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Much of the violence is fueled by poverty. That poverty forces many to turn to crime to make money, and there is a lot of money in the drug trade thanks to our senseless prohibition which has not worked and never will. That poverty has been made worse through 'starving the beast' from the right, means tested welfare reform from the center, and no real effort from either to implement a strategy to revitalize the areas hit by deindustrialization. There are a plethora of other things fueling this, such as the idiotic way we fund public schools, but that is the crux of it.

Now, are you going to acknowledge that cops routinely get away with murdering people, that our precincts of poorly trained cops are being militarized by the government dumping excess military equipment on them, and that they indeed abuse civil forfeiture laws? Or are you going to keep pretending that none of this is an problem?

Show me an organization that couldn't benefit from better screening and training of employees?  You can't excuse bad behavior.  Wrong is just wrong.  Have you looked at the stats of black on black crimes?  It would take cops 40 years to achieve the number of murders that black males commit in one year.

Show me an organization that couldn't benefit from better screening and training of employees?  You can't excuse bad behavior.  Wrong is just wrong.  Have you looked at the stats of black on black crimes?  It would take cops 40 years to achieve the number of murders that black males commit in one year.

I have. I also know black on black crime is a red herring conservatives trot out whenever people start criticizing the police.

Now, focus: Will you admit that there is a widespread problem among law enforcement in this country?

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

I have. I also know black on black crime is a red herring conservatives trot out whenever people start criticizing the police.

Now, focus: Will you admit that there is a widespread problem among law enforcement in this country?

Policemen are not without problems.  Sure there are a few duds.   Would you admit there's an even bigger problem with a culture that requires police to use more force.  

Policemen are not without problems.  Sure there are a few duds.   Would you admit there's an even bigger problem with a culture that requires police to use more force.  

I already addressed that and offered solutions.

Now, again, focus: Will you admit that there are widespread issues among law enforcement and the judicial system?

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I already addressed that and offered solutions.

Now, again, focus: Will you admit that there are widespread issues among law enforcement and the judicial system?

There is not a widespread problem with police.  I'm glad they serve in the community where I live to keep law and order.  Here's more conservative red herring for you: next time you're threatened, call the local gang members for help. 

3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

There is not a widespread problem with police.  I'm glad they serve in the community where I live to keep law and order.  Here's more conservative red herring for you: next time you're threatened, call the local gang members for help. 

26 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The only ones who are holding cops to the same standards as gang members are their apologists.

29 minutes ago, Serge said:

I guess now it's a competition to see which one can get closest to saying that police should just start murdering people. 

Looks like unbelievable knew when he was beaten.

Billy Ocean and mfaulk57158 like this