Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

1,616 posts in this topic

Just now, The Great American said:

i would agree that black lives matter but im not willing to stop there.  Native American lives matter.  Look how they were abused and yet no one is kneeling on their behalf. 

The slogan black lives matter was created after the string of black men being killed by law enforcement. It was never a slogan that was mean to place priority on black lives over anything else.  in context the slogan should have been" black lives matter too. "

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Great American said:

i would agree that black lives matter but im not willing to stop there.  Native American lives matter.  Look how they were abused and yet no one is kneeling on their behalf. 

If a Native American said that Native American lives matter, would you correct them by saying all lives matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Great American said:

101 Airborne

That is a division not a battalion it is also not a Ranger Battalion. I assume your brother was Airborne qualified and went to Ranger School. Rangers comes from the Ranger Battalions of 75th Ranger Regiment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Great American said:

Absolutely!!  

 

19 minutes ago, Serge said:

Black lives matter is literally the assertion that black lives matter in a society that has always confirmed that "life matters" but hasn't always applied that sentiment to black people. Asserting that all lives matter in response to black lives matter is essentially saying that black people shouldn't assert that their lives matter unless they can do it in a way that makes white people feel appreciated. 

So, for you that basically applies to anyone that'd assert that their life matters and doesn't include you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

That is a division not a battalion it is also not a Ranger Battalion. I assume your brother was Airborne qualified and went to Ranger School. Rangers comes from the Ranger Battalions of 75th Ranger Regiment. 

Sorry but I don't know.  He's retired Colonel and took command at Fort Stewart at one time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 4:06 PM, J-Nice said:

I feel like the media is blowing it way out of proportion. If they'd just broadcast the game and not focus on the players during the NA, no one would even know about it 

And that's the problem with the social media era. The media spoon feeds these ideas and get a couple likes then they blow it up to epic proportions for likes and views. All this at the expense of the actual cause itself. Do they even recognize  why the kneeling started in the first place? America became great because of its willingness to face the ugly truths and address them and that in itself garners itself. What we appear to be is a bunch of dog piling followers who would find it more important to enact a ritual than face and fix the injustice. I hate nobody. I love you all. I served in the navy as a corpsman or combat medic. I work a regular job at the Hyatt regency atlanta so brothers and sisters feel free to come by if you like. I say that to say I'm a regular guy who decided not to be fooled and sucked up into the media machine. I love what this country stands for but I'm saddened by what it has, in some ways, fallen into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Great American said:

i would agree that black lives matter but im not willing to stop there.  Native American lives matter.  Look how they were abused and yet no one is kneeling on their behalf. 

You are incredibly tone deaf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xero said:

And that's the problem with the social media era. The media spoon feeds these ideas and get a couple likes then they blow it up to epic proportions for likes and views. All this at the expense of the actual cause itself. Do they even recognize  why the kneeling started in the first place? America became great because of its willingness to face the ugly truths and address them and that in itself garners itself. What we appear to be is a bunch of dog piling followers who would find it more important to enact a ritual than face and fix the injustice. I hate nobody. I love you all. I served in the navy as a corpsman or combat medic. I work a regular job at the Hyatt regency atlanta so brothers and sisters feel free to come by if you like. I say that to say I'm a regular guy who decided not to be fooled and sucked up into the media machine. I love what this country stands for but I'm saddened by what it has, in some ways, fallen into. 

Its so bizarre to see such a effort put forth to run from what is obviously a problem. I am to the point that i want them to stop kneeling because the message is now lost the concern is over faux patriotism now and we still cant have a real conversation to fix the problem. We just need to acknowledge the problem so we can begin trying to fix it instead people want silence.  I am annoyed with this "display of unity" more than anything else. 

Edited by SPITFIRE
Xero likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Serge said:

 

So, for you that basically applies to anyone that'd assert that their life matters and doesn't include you.

Is there some part of ALL that you don't understand?  The Bible says that men were created in His image.  Unfortunately, not everyone lives as His child.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Great American said:

Is there some part of ALL that you don't understand?  The Bible says that men were created in His image.  Unfortunately, not everyone lives as His child.  

That's just willful ignorance of what's being said. Clearly you're not interested in the topic beyond the fear that minorities asserting that their own lives matter somehow detracts from your own life. 

mdrake34 and Xero like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MACK4ttACK said:

No, stay the course

At this point though they have formed it into something else it has gone down this long path that we are not even sure it will come back to actual dialog. When you have these owners trying to get in on it and make it a display of unity its stupid. The new hot word is divisive, as if we were not divided before this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Great American said:

And color blind too.

Look, you seem like a nice guy, but you a clearly blissfully ignorant of recent US history to a legitimately offensive degree. And you are proud of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Obviously  ignorant of your world view which I don't see as a bad thing.

You're telling me you can't understand a very simple core concept well enough to proceed. Seems intentional to me. :shrug:

mdrake34 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Its so bizarre to see such a effort put forth to run from what is obviously a problem. I am to the point that i want them to stop kneeling because the message is now lost the concern is over faux patriotism now and we still cant have a real conversation to fix the problem. We just need to acknowledge the problem so we can begin trying to fix it instead people want silence.  I am annoyed with this "display of unity" more than anything else. 

Sweeping things under the rug when an issue doesn't concern us. I am just curious how many people in this post were as vocal when travon was gunned down. It's one of those things I guess. Inconvenience is met with ignorance. Everyone deserves and has a right to an opinion but ideally we would hope for equality in the distribution of efforts applied to our problems as a nation. That is how we make America great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xero said:

Sweeping things under the rug when an issue doesn't concern us. I am just curious how many people in this post were as vocal when travon was gunned down. It's one of those things I guess. Inconvenience is met with ignorance. Everyone deserves and has a right to an opinion but ideally we would hope for equality in the distribution of efforts applied to our problems as a nation. That is how we make America great. 

I will say right now I think Trayvon Martin's shooting was because he attacked a dude that had a gun in his waist. You can tell me Zimmerman should not have had a gun on him, or that Zimmerman should have just gone home instead of prowling the apartment complex for "criminals", but the actual shooting, based on the evidence, appears justified. So no I did not call for "justice" for Trayvon, I call for Justice for other black men such as the kids that were "playing music too loud" or the man in SC shot running away from police. Just because a black man is shot does not mean it's unjustified, just the same for white men. The issue is not individual cases, it's an entire system rigged against minorities.

SPITFIRE, Xero and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Look, you seem like a nice guy, but you a clearly blissfully ignorant of recent US history to a legitimately offensive degree. And you are proud of that. 

There's a lot of truth in that.  I don't follow current events as closely as some posters here .  Again,  we just look at things differently and I'm not sure you and your buds are very tolerant of those who think differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Great American said:

There's a lot of truth in that.  I don't follow current events as closely as some posters here .  Again,  we just look at things differently and I'm not sure you and your buds are very tolerant of those who think differently. 

Well, as long as you can find a way to make it all about you.

mfaulk57158 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FTR, the darkest implication of your argument would be that no one gets to say that their life matters without including everyone else, so everyone that feels like "all lives matter" doesn't actually reflect society's values is left with the reality that it doesn't and the whole point of making people say "all lives matter" is so that minorities don't get to say that their own lives matter more than society is willing to value their lives. You're essentially saying that people should be sanctioned for saying that their lives and experiences matter more than the extent to which they've upset you by declaring that their own lives matter without including you.

But, hey, the important thing is that "all lives matter" isn't racist, because it says "all."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Great American said:

There's something you're failing to grasp here.   Whenever i say all lives matter,  I actually mean ... all lives matter.

And you're failing to grasp literally everything anyone's said that asks you to understand any other perspective. You're asking us to treat literally unbelievable myopia as a virtue. 

 

Psychic Gibbon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0