Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

1,619 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

What if the people were protesting the way soldiers were being treated? 

depends on if the soldiers are black

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Here, I'll just re-post this to end my discussion on this topic.  A logical assessment of the situation.  

Minus any examination of the intent of the protest, sure. It's a logical assessment of the situation from the perspective of someone that thinks the protest itself doesn't matter, only who it offends and how much money it costs.

5 hours ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

How did they know it was a toy? Kids can get hold of guns in their house. Just obey the officer.

Policemen have dangerous jobs.  I'm sure they would rather be judged by 12 than toted by 6. 

Just now, The Great American said:

Oh wow, that's juvenile. 

yes it was. A moment of weakness. Just an instinctive reaction whenever someone responds with that dogwhistle "all lives matter" bullchit.

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

yes it was. A moment of weakness. Just an instinctive reaction whenever someone responds with that dogwhistle "all lives matter" bullchit.

We were all thinking it

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Not trying to push your buttons but which lives matter and which ones don't?  

18 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Not trying to push your buttons but which lives matter and which ones don't?  

"All lives matter" is a cop out. It means "I don't really want to discuss our national issues with policing in regards specifically to minorities. It doesn't effect me so I don't really care. So I'll give a meaningless platitude like 'all lives matter' but in reality, I don't give a sh*t"

That's what I hear when someone tells me "all lives matter".

Billy Ocean and mdrake34 like this

1 hour ago, The Great American said:

Policemen have dangerous jobs.  I'm sure they would rather be judged by 12 than toted by 6. 

1. I am disturbed by you using my Ranger buddy as your icon but i will try to ignore it. It is irritating to watch people attempt to use him as a pawn for whatever their agenda may be. 

2. We soldiers have a dangerous job, in a  warzone no less and we are still held to a higher standard than police officers. That does not make sense. 

Police killing unarmed black men is a symptom of bigger problems in our country, and all of these fearful men who cant handle themselves suddenly have weapons. 

Edited by SPITFIRE
mdrake34 and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

11 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

"All lives matter" is a cop out. It means "I don't really want to discuss our national issues with policing in regards specifically to minorities. It doesn't effect me so I don't really care. So I'll give a meaningless platitude like 'all lives matter' but in reality, I don't give a sh*t"

That's what I hear when someone tells me "all lives matter".

A policeman on vacation is a cop out.

IMO, all lives matter is not a dodge .  Black lives matter is so divisive.

8 minutes ago, The Great American said:

So you're acknowledging that there's a problem with how our criminal justice system treats minorities? 

12 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Black lives matter is literally the assertion that black lives matter in a society that has always confirmed that "life matters" but hasn't always applied that sentiment to black people. Asserting that all lives matter in response to black lives matter is essentially saying that black people shouldn't assert that their lives matter unless they can do it in a way that makes white people feel appreciated. 

Billy Ocean and Gritzblitz 2.0 like this

14 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

1. I am disturbed by you using my Ranger buddy as your icon but i will try to ignore it. It is irritating to watch people attempt to use him as a pawn for whatever their agenda may be. 

2. We soldiers have a dangerous job, in a  warzone no less and we are still held to a higher standard than police officers. That does not make sense. 

Police killing unarmed black men is a symptom of bigger problems in our country, and all of these fearful men who cant handle themselves suddenly have weapons. 

My brother is retired Airborne Ranger.   i dont think you have exclusive rights.  My dad was a police officer after he served in the military.  Both men had standards.   

5 minutes ago, The Great American said:

My brother is retired Airborne Ranger.   i dont think you have exclusive rights.  My dad was a police officer after he served in the military.  Both men had standards.   

It is your rhetoric that I had a problem with not claiming exclusive rights. Additionally standards refer to police as a organization. Police Officers are held to low standards not only is the lack of training obvious it breeds complacency. Not talking about personal standards.  Which Battalion was your brother in? 

Edited by SPITFIRE

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

Black lives matter is literally the assertion that black lives matter in a society that has always confirmed that "life matters" but hasn't always applied that sentiment to black people. Asserting that all lives matter in response to black lives matter is essentially saying that black people shouldn't assert that their lives matter unless they can do it in a way that makes white people feel appreciated. 

i would agree that black lives matter but im not willing to stop there.  Native American lives matter.  Look how they were abused and yet no one is kneeling on their behalf. 

1 minute ago, SPITFIRE said:

It is your rhetoric that I had a problem with not claiming exclusive rights. Additionally standards refer to police as a organization. Police Officers are held to low standards not only is the lack of training obvious it breeds complacency. Not talking about personal standards.  Which Battalion was your brother in? 

101 Airborne