Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

913 posts in this topic

I see from this thread and others you've made it your personal mission to defend the protests.  

People would have a problem with kneeling for the anthem no matter what the protest was.  It could be protesting that their fries were too hot from McDonalds.  If you can't understand that I can't debate this with you as you fail to see the issue people have with it.  You choose to make it some kind of race thing instead.  There's no debating with that.

Most national anthems sounds like a Church hymn or something.  

I remember from the Olympics some country had a really cool national anthem.  Can't remember what country it was though.  

6 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

I see from this thread and others you've made it your personal mission to defend the protests.  

People would have a problem with kneeling for the anthem no matter what the protest was.  It could be protesting that their fries were too hot from McDonalds.  If you can't understand that I can't debate this with you as you fail to see the issue people have with it.  You choose to make it some kind of race thing instead.  There's no debating with that.

People who are losing their minds over this are opposed to what they're trying to bring attention to. Faux patriotism is just a convenient thing for them to rally around.

Serge likes this

5 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Most national anthems sounds like a Church hymn or something.  

I remember from the Olympics some country had a really cool national anthem.  Can't remember what country it was though.  

Pretty much everyone has a romanticist orchestra song while we have an anthem about one of our forts getting bombed set to the tune of a drinking song.

32 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Roughly the same amount of people were opposed to the freedom riders and sit ins during the civil rights era.

Protests are never popular when they're happening, especially among conservatives and moderates, since they force people to acknowledge and confront the true nature of things that they're comfortable with.

Indeed. The idea that equal rights must be monetized underscores the need for the kinds of protests we've seen.

When a law enforcement officer says you are under arrest, put your hands behind your back and be handcuffed. You can do it the easy way or the hard way. If you attack a law enforcement officer they will not get in a fist fight, they have a right to defend themselves and can legally shoot you.

12 minutes ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

When a law enforcement officer says you are under arrest, put your hands behind your back and be handcuffed. You can do it the easy way or the hard way. If you attack a law enforcement officer they will not get in a fist fight, they have a right to defend themselves and can legally shoot you.

And for all those that got shot without attacking?   A 12 year old kid with a toy?

10 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

And for all those that got shot without attacking?   A 12 year old kid with a toy?

How did they know it was a toy? Kids can get hold of guns in their house. Just obey the officer.

58 minutes ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

Billy Ocean and MACK4ttACK like this

3 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

So what you're saying is, people who have a problem with kneeling for the anthem are people who can't engage the subject of a protest that's visible enough that they might notice it.

3 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

What if the people were protesting the way soldiers were being treated? 

2 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

What if the people were protesting the way soldiers were being treated? 

depends on if the soldiers are black

4 hours ago, The Legendary SB said:

For the record I'm absolutely against forcing anyone to stand for the anthem.  There is no law requiring you to stand and there should not be one.  That kind of law is way too authoritarian IMO.  

That said, I'm all about people being good consumers.  If you don't like a product, stop buying it.  If you don't like what the NFL is doing, stop giving them money and purchasing their product.  If you do like the product (the NFL) then sure, keep paying for it.  

I'm all about players and owners having the free choice to sit or stand during the anthem.  And I'm all about consumers of the NFL choosing whether or not they want to continue buying the product as a result.  

Judging by the collective response, this whole anthem thing is going as well for the NFL as New Coke did for Coca Cola in the 80's.  It's pizzed off over half of the fans (64% of fans don't like the kneeling from one poll I saw).  So players and owners are welcome to keep protesting the anthem, they just need to be aware that there are likely some financial consequences for doing so.  And contrary to what some are saying here, there have already been financial consequences.  There's another thread on here talking about thousands of people getting huge discounts on the DirecTV football package due to the protests.  News Flash: That's a loss of revenue for AT&T and the NFL.

Here, I'll just re-post this to end my discussion on this topic.  A logical assessment of the situation.  

2 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

Here, I'll just re-post this to end my discussion on this topic.  A logical assessment of the situation.  

Minus any examination of the intent of the protest, sure. It's a logical assessment of the situation from the perspective of someone that thinks the protest itself doesn't matter, only who it offends and how much money it costs.

32 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

34 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Don't resist even if you feel you are innocent.

5 hours ago, TeamPlayer1 said:

How did they know it was a toy? Kids can get hold of guns in their house. Just obey the officer.

Policemen have dangerous jobs.  I'm sure they would rather be judged by 12 than toted by 6. 

12 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It would have been nice if the 12 year old boy had that same option. 

Its really in fortunate . .. ALL lives matter.