Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PHALCONABERNATHY

Michael Turner returning...

11 posts in this topic

Great to hear.....Turner was fantastic here.....with TD getting into HOF....Turner should get some consideration.

He always seemed like a good dude too.....Welcome home Mike!

44 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Great to hear.....Turner was fantastic here.....with TD getting into HOF....Turner should get some consideration.

He always seemed like a good dude too.....Welcome home Mike!

Sadly, he won't get consideration.  Davis got in with 2 Super Bowls and a 2,000 yd, 21 TD season.  Four years of dominant play is nowhere close to enough on it's own.

Okay so dude played second fiddle to a HOF running back for HOW LONG?? Dam. I mean look at what he accomplished ALL ON HIS OWN!! Imagine Mike Turner in a two-back system similar to the one we use today?? And paired with a dude like Teco?? Awww man. In my book AT LEAST he was a better back than Jamal Anderson. A Michael Turner poster, autograph, jersey or autographed jersey !! DEFINITELY wouldn't be a bad look on your little Falcons' Shrine Wall either.

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wonder if a lot or if any Falcons players actually get on here and read comments.

Jamal Anderson (RB) came on here around the time of his holdout and went nuclear on the board.

2 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

If this team wants brotherhood to be a long term they need to address the fraternity side of things.  Which includes former players of course.  

Turner was my favorite player man, I love hearing he still wants to be associated with the Falcons. I remember the roam the dome on Ryan's rookie year and they gave out tickets for autographs and I got Ryan instead of Turner I was upset lol. I still wanna meet him! 

3 hours ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

If this team wants brotherhood to be a long term they need to address the fraternity side of things.  Which includes former players of course.  

Sure seems like they are working on. Recently we've had Vick, Roddy, and now Turner. 

Turner stepped away from football after retiring to do something with cigars. Story came out during the playoffs last year.