Reggie Davis, Marvin Hall, Nick Williams or Andre Roberts?

jlrfalcon

Certain WR's to make our team:

Julio Jones, Mohammed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Justin Hardy

How many WR'S do we keep?

5 total, 6 total?  I am sensing that we are going toward 6 total (with one also being a returner).  

1) Reggie Davis is making his speed obvious and not showing any dropping tendencies.  His 44-yard play was one of the highlights of today and he is leading the team in receiving yards in the preseason.  He has yet, though, to display any return skills but has really not had a clear opportunity.

2) Andre Roberts definitely had the great return in the Miami game but has not really shown up in the receiving game.

3) Nick Williams has the prior experience and was used heavily today in the punt return game but did not have any big returns.  He did have a couple of good catches but definitely not the speed of others.

4) Marvin Hall made a great catch on a pass from Ryan on the first drive today and had a few other opportunities today but would really a good last couple of games to become a candidate to make the team.

Anthony Dable, Bralon Cherry, Reggie III, and others have made a couple of catches in the preseason but have not really shown much.

At this point, I suspect that Reggie Davis and Nick Williams will make the team (Davis might be able to make the practice squad) but a lot could change in the last two preseason games.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the rookies I think, Davis has the lead. I like Dable but he's been limited. Hall was thought to be almost a shoe in, but he's had some bad luck in a couple key spots.

I think Roberts makes it, and Williams is the wild card. Tough, possession guy, and he's a known commodity.

Give me Roberts and Hall. I like Davis and if we can stash him on the PS then do it. I like Nick too but he's being pushed aside. Marvin has shown up consistently from camp to the game. Yea, he had the drop but I blame that on early jitters and being wide open than inability. 

Definitely Roberts, he should not even be on this list.

Williams is nice to have around, but you have to go with speed. We are going to miss not having Robinson to come in and spread the defenses, to go with Gabriel and Jones. Davis will be our younger Robinson. Hall and Davis have similar world class speed, but Davis has more upside in my opinion with his route running, and has been able to hold onto the ball. Other pluses, Davis is 6-0 vs 5-10, and age 21 vs 24.

The Falcons will carry six receivers, and Davis will be the last receiver added. The Falcons will not look back. 

This is what's funny. Remember the days a lot of posters here used to rationalize the bottom of the WR depth chart needed to be be major players on ST to make the roster? 

Now we discussing WRs making the team based on actual WR ability. No more Cone's and Davis's to pick over but actual WRs. 

Roberts has a spot locked up in my book.  So that is Julio, Sanu, Gabriel and Roberts.  You can put Hardy in there and I really like Davis.  Hardy seems very "plain" to me.  He did have 21 catches and 4 TDs.  He is reliable and knows the system.  I don't think you will get anything special out of him.  Davis seems to have a bit of an "X" factor, he flashes.  You know Gabriel is only on a 1 year deal.  Are the Falcons going to be able to hold onto him?  Davis looks like the kind of guy that if he can improve and get some additional "seasoning" he could be that same type of guy.  Falcons brought in Roberts even when they expected to have Fuller back before he got hurt.  Seems like they planned on keeping 6 WRs.