ChiefGSU275

New Jersey style

33 posts in this topic

Sorry if been discussed previously, I couldn't find the thread, but has anyone purchased one of the new vapor jerseys for this year, either an elite or limited? I'm interested in seeing what they look like in person. None of the stores where I live have them in yet, and I can't find any online to get a good idea of how they look other than stock photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChiefGSU275 said:

Sorry if been discussed previously, I couldn't find the thread, but has anyone purchased one of the new vapor jerseys for this year, either an elite or limited? I'm interested in seeing what they look like in person. None of the stores where I live have them in yet, and I can't find any online to get a good idea of how they look other than stock photos.

Thought this thread was going to be about Quinn and New Jersey 

CTann, rounz, brando27 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RYNE said:

What's the difference supposed to be? 

It's different materials than what the falcons were using before. Different collar style, different pattern on body of jerseys. Some of the fan jerseys I've seen have the elastic cuff sleeves like the old Reebok authentics used to have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ChiefGSU275 said:

It's different materials than what the falcons were using before. Different collar style, different pattern on body of jerseys. Some of the fan jerseys I've seen have the elastic cuff sleeves like the old Reebok authentics used to have. 

So they don't look like what we actually wear? 

Why would you want that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured I would post some pictures. Just copped a new Vapor Untouchable Freeman jersey. Had plenty of the old Reebok mesh ones...got a Julio when they switched to Nike a number of years back...and this Devonta jersey was the first time I got one that wasn't the entry level screened replica.

Quick take: it's very nice.

Much lighter and more comfortable material than the Nike "Game" replica jerseys. Those had massive long sleeves that hung way past your elbows and if you raised your arms, the entire jersey would raise up and show your belly. The new one has sleeves that are just the right length and the overall fit is much better.

This is the mid grade jersey so it's all stitched and follows a similar cut to the player jerseys, in appearance. It's not quite the same as the on field jersey.

For starters, the stitching isn't multiple layers. For the numbers, you have one piece of fabric with a sublimated number outline, rather than a number stitched onto another layer of fabric. The level of detail is also a little more minimal on the logo stitching. The new on field jerseys have laser cut ventilation holes on the chest and back. This jersey is more geared towards simply fan wear, but it does a good job at simulating the new design the team is wearing this year. I have included the pictures of the jersey at the bottom, but first:

This is what we used to wear up until last year. Note the traditional all-over mesh design with a tapered collar (nice and wide but comes to a thin point by the NFL shield). The thin red collar trim on the white jersey goes around the entire collar. The white inserts on the sleeves have a little bit more squiggle to them.

458704088.jpg?t=20170517

devonta-freeman-e1403659849603.jpg

matt-ryan-devonta-freeman_b91g8rh73ubb1s

This is what we just switched to. It is Nike's newest template. Up until now, we had simply been utilizing old materials with Nike's swoosh on them. It wasn't even Nike's own template. Check how the material is totally different without the mesh. The only "mesh" is laser cut holes on the lower stomach and the lower back. There are far fewer seams (though there is a seam along the back that makes a peace sign). The collar is a traditional full v-neck rather than the older tapered collar. The red collar trim now comes to a stop at the base mesh triangle where the NFL shield is. The sleeve pattern is slightly different, filling the sleeve cap rather than having the odd curved look to it (meaning it used to "flair out" by the white sleeve inserts a bit). The pants now have laser cut mesh on the back of the thighs.

usa_today_10223449.0.jpg

usa_today_10229983.0.jpg

DHjDUYlVYAAhAeB.jpg:large

usa_today_10230302.0.jpg

Here's how it translates onto the fan jersey. This is the Nike Vapor Untouchable Limited jersey. The design is virtually the same, aside from on-field details such as the laser cut mesh holes and the shorter sleeves as this is obviously geared for fan wear. I was very happy to see a replica finally offer the streamlined black side stripes. Other replicas (dating all the way back to Reebok and the Vick era) always simply had a single thin stripe down the side rather than the black underarm area that funnels into the thin stripe. I believe you used to only be able to get that feature with an authentic jersey.

C0gUgGK.jpg

uzDaJWx.jpg

HAhqFfA.jpg

U42yf17.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are really nice I've never gotten one at that price although I am thinking about getting a custom. Do you guys think theTNF game against the saints will be color rush this year since we didn't last year against the bucs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Razrtalons said:

Those are really nice I've never gotten one at that price although I am thinking about getting a custom. Do you guys think theTNF game against the saints will be color rush this year since we didn't last year against the bucs? 

I would guess yes.  But have not heard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one piece front was driving me crazy when I was watching the first preseason game.  I think it looks better with the stitching across the front of shoulder pad.  To me Ryan's jersey looks baggy in front around chest area now without the old stitching....usa_today_10223449.0.jpg

 

arrogantBEAST and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do they fit? It says on the store site that we should order a size or two larger since they are form fitting. I'm also wondering if i should save my money in case there is a redesign for next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great recap aawagner, thank you! I actually went to our local Lids locker room here in Savannah and they had the black throwback jersey in a vapor untouchable limited. I tried it on to see how it compared to the Nike Elite that I own, and it's definitely lighter and fits smaller. My nike elite is a size 40 (M) but the size Large in the new style was very form fitting. I'm still waiting to see the new elite models before deciding if I want to pull the trigger now or wait. Like someone else said, I am anticipating a uniform change soon, so I think any new purchase I make will be a black throwback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Nike custom elite jerseys in the black throwback and the red home jersey. I have the limited color rush limited jersey as well. 

I can tell you that we have never been able to get that side black V going down like its suppose to. It was just a thin line up to the armpit on my reebok authentics and my Nike elites.  

Min glad see that they finally made it right cause when you pay over 300 for a jersey you want it to match perfect. The materials for the first nikes were all over stretchy like the older reebok authentics but they were not the same. Feel way different.

Also the black throwback Nike elite arm emblem is screen printed and I thought that was not very great. 

Tried to upload pictures of all of this for y'all to see but I guess every one of my pictures files is too large. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gradybaby33 said:

How does free got on a number 33 Jersey?

He wore 33 at first until switching at the beginning of his first season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scruitt said:

Also the black throwback Nike elite arm emblem is screen printed and I thought that was not very great. 

Tried to upload pictures of all of this for y'all to see but I guess every one of my pictures files is too large. 

The sleeve logo is why I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on it. For that much money I want it embroidered on. 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MDFalconFan said:

How do they fit? It says on the store site that we should order a size or two larger since they are form fitting. I'm also wondering if i should save my money in case there is a redesign for next year

It fits well and I would say it's pretty true to size. However, I have long believed that Nike's Game replica jerseys ran big. So compared to those, these do fit smaller, but I think that's because the other ones were too big to begin with. For example, I wear a large in pretty much all other clothing (shirts, button ups, polos, etc)...but with the Nike "Game" replicas, I mostly went with a small or medium. I went with a medium for the Vapor Untouchable Limited jersey and it fits perfectly. The sleeves don't hang way below the elbows like the Game jerseys, but rather just above the elbow perfectly. Also, the Game jerseys hemline usually hung too low but this one sits nicely at the waist.

14 hours ago, ChiefGSU275 said:

Great recap aawagner, thank you! I actually went to our local Lids locker room here in Savannah and they had the black throwback jersey in a vapor untouchable limited. I tried it on to see how it compared to the Nike Elite that I own, and it's definitely lighter and fits smaller. My nike elite is a size 40 (M) but the size Large in the new style was very form fitting. I'm still waiting to see the new elite models before deciding if I want to pull the trigger now or wait. Like someone else said, I am anticipating a uniform change soon, so I think any new purchase I make will be a black throwback.

Glad to help. Also, do you have any reasons that suggest we will get a uniform update soon? If we were going to do it, I would have assumed this would have been the year to coincide with the opening of MBS. I would love a more traditional look (perhaps a 21st century refresh of the 1966 uniform, red helmet and black jersey). However, I do think this year's template update gives us a little more lifespan in the current look. We had begun to look a little stale in the old school mesh and this update freshens it up a bit.

12 hours ago, Scruitt said:

I have Nike custom elite jerseys in the black throwback and the red home jersey. I have the limited color rush limited jersey as well. 

I can tell you that we have never been able to get that side black V going down like its suppose to. It was just a thin line up to the armpit on my reebok authentics and my Nike elites.  

Min glad see that they finally made it right cause when you pay over 300 for a jersey you want it to match perfect. The materials for the first nikes were all over stretchy like the older reebok authentics but they were not the same. Feel way different.

Also the black throwback Nike elite arm emblem is screen printed and I thought that was not very great. 

Tried to upload pictures of all of this for y'all to see but I guess every one of my pictures files is too large. 

The cool thing is that this is the mid grade level jersey. So if you want the true style with the V shape design on the sides, you don't have to splurge for the $300 authentic model.

Also, regarding the screen printed sleeve logo on the throwback, that's actually the way the on field jerseys were, so they do match the player's jersey.

tempMedia-Gallery-ShoulderLogo--nfl_mezz

9646640-nfl-san-diego-chargers-at-atlant

The new Nike Vapor Untouchable Limited throwbacks suggest those jerseys will also be updating to the new template, and this stock image suggests that the logos may now be sewn on. Take this with a grain of salt as this is just a retail stock photo, but this would be encouraging and a nice option for people wanting it sewn, so long as that is actually true.

ff_2633437alt1_full.jpg&

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Side note, while we are discussing throwbacks, I chimed in on that new mailbag thing they're doing on the team website and said this:

"I'd like to point out that since NFL rules prohibit us from wearing our red helmets to coincide with the 1966 throwback, we might as well do a true 1990s era look with the silver pants. We already have the black jersey and helmet. The combination of 1990s era helmet, 1960s and 1990s jersey (both eras had the same jersey) and 1960s pants and socks is odd. It's a weird blending of eras that we had never actually worn before until we called it a "throwback" last year. Just bring back the classic 1990s silver pants and call it a day."

This is a nice look. But we can't wear it with NFL rules now prohibiting other colored helmets. You see teams do throwback helmets now by keeping the same lid but swapping out the decals.

throwback-sample.jpg

This was the Falcons solution to the helmet rule:

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Also a very nice look. But totally inaccurate and not a real throwback. We never wore this style before last year. It pairs the 1990s style helmet with the 1966 style pants and socks. Of course, the jersey style was the same in the 1990s as it was in 1966.

Since they already have the jersey and helmet from the 1990s era, they should do it right and give us an actual 1990s era throwback. Either of these pants designs will suffice. The second one obviously has the Super Bowl history but I think the Deion era looks better.

Blbq65CCUAAum6m.png

USATSI_2123501.jpg

It just bugs the crap out of me that they mix and matched different components from various eras and called it a throwback. We never wore that style before.

Edited by aawagner011
VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My local kids had that throwback Vapor Untouchable Limited, and the falcon is screen printed with the stitching around the edge of the logo, so it's not stitched on that one. I would imagine the elite is the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChiefGSU275 said:

My local kids had that throwback Vapor Untouchable Limited, and the falcon is screen printed with the stitching around the edge of the logo, so it's not stitched on that one. I would imagine the elite is the same. 

It's definitely a stitched patch on the home and road jerseys (not sure about the throwback, hence why I edited this post), albeit not a super high quality stitched patch. It doesn't have the same level of detail as an on field jersey. But there's nothing on this jersey that's screen printed (aside from the inner neck jock tag).

Vapor Untouchable sleeve logo:

ANt50Ep.jpg

 

Compared to on field jersey:

112g_lg.jpeg

Edited by aawagner011

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

It fits well and I would say it's pretty true to size. However, I have long believed that Nike's Game replica jerseys ran big. So compared to those, these do fit smaller, but I think that's because the other ones were too big to begin with. For example, I wear a large in pretty much all other clothing (shirts, button ups, polos, etc)...but with the Nike "Game" replicas, I mostly went with a small or medium. I went with a medium for the Vapor Untouchable Limited jersey and it fits perfectly. The sleeves don't hang way below the elbows like the Game jerseys, but rather just above the elbow perfectly. Also, the Game jerseys hemline usually hung too low but this one sits nicely at the waist.

Glad to help. Also, do you have any reasons that suggest we will get a uniform update soon? If we were going to do it, I would have assumed this would have been the year to coincide with the opening of MBS. I would love a more traditional look (perhaps a 21st century refresh of the 1966 uniform, red helmet and black jersey). However, I do think this year's template update gives us a little more lifespan in the current look. We had begun to look a little stale in the old school mesh and this update freshens it up a bit.

The cool thing is that this is the mid grade level jersey. So if you want the true style with the V shape design on the sides, you don't have to splurge for the $300 authentic model.

Also, regarding the screen printed sleeve logo on the throwback, that's actually the way the on field jerseys were, so they do match the player's jersey.

tempMedia-Gallery-ShoulderLogo--nfl_mezz

9646640-nfl-san-diego-chargers-at-atlant

The new Nike Vapor Untouchable Limited throwbacks suggest those jerseys will also be updating to the new template, and this stock image suggests that the logos may now be sewn on. Take this with a grain of salt as this is just a retail stock photo, but this would be encouraging and a nice option for people wanting it sewn, so long as that is actually true.

ff_2633437alt1_full.jpg&

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Side note, while we are discussing throwbacks, I chimed in on that new mailbag thing they're doing on the team website and said this:

"I'd like to point out that since NFL rules prohibit us from wearing our red helmets to coincide with the 1966 throwback, we might as well do a true 1990s era look with the silver pants. We already have the black jersey and helmet. The combination of 1990s era helmet, 1960s and 1990s jersey (both eras had the same jersey) and 1960s pants and socks is odd. It's a weird blending of eras that we had never actually worn before until we called it a "throwback" last year. Just bring back the classic 1990s silver pants and call it a day."

This is a nice look. But we can't wear it with NFL rules now prohibiting other colored helmets. You see teams do throwback helmets now by keeping the same lid but swapping out the decals.

throwback-sample.jpg

This was the Falcons solution to the helmet rule:

tempHero_Composite--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

Also a very nice look. But totally inaccurate and not a real throwback. We never wore this style before last year. It pairs the 1990s style helmet with the 1966 style pants and socks. Of course, the jersey style was the same in the 1990s as it was in 1966.

Since they already have the jersey and helmet from the 1990s era, they should do it right and give us an actual 1990s era throwback. Either of these pants designs will suffice. The second one obviously has the Super Bowl history but I think the Deion era looks better.

Blbq65CCUAAum6m.png

USATSI_2123501.jpg

It just bugs the crap out of me that they mix and matched different components from various eras and called it a throwback. We never wore that style before.

Don't call it a throwback, call in a comeback...LOL!  Put the new emblem on the current throwback or the 90's version with silver pants and call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now