Jump to content

Anyone else monitoring other teams' cuts?


stizz
 Share

Recommended Posts

At work and need to pass the time until we all come together to analyze this second preseason game.

With cut dates no longer in place and teams freely cutting players without a deadline, are there any other players on teams that are on the bubble you have your eye on?

Obviously vet RG on the list if Q doesn't like what he sees out of Wes or Garland. Another I've got my eye on is TE #3. If Saubert doesn't step up, we could stash him on the PS and give a look to a guy like Jace Amaro if he gets cut, who I think would thrive in Atlanta.

Would also love a ST ace if a vet comes loose during these cuts. The board has a lot of hope in UDFA Grace, who does play violently, but I wouldn't mind grabbing a stud if one does his free agency.

What about you guys?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Yes at this point I'm looking at Oline help that's one area that concerns me greatly.

only position that REALLY concerns me. The Pasztor signing was lucky as ****, but man I wish we could have given a 7th for Zuttah instead of the Ravens picking him up for dirt cheap.

 

35 minutes ago, mjqvi said:

Nope but I have to imagine other teams and their fans are monitoring us with the amount of good talent we are going to have to release on cut day. Aint's might actually be able to build an NFL defense off our cuts alone ;)

Anyone from our secondary will get poached from the PS, same with WR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, stizz said:

Amaro is more proven then Perkins, who the team is still waiting to come around.

"Proven" 

Right

And anyway, I'm not a fan of cutting one of your own to add another team's scrub in the hope that you can make good on his "potential" which the other team already failed to bring out.

You designate a roster spot to someone just to see if he really is a bust or not. That doesn't sound like Quinn at all. In fact, that sounds exactly opposite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, hjerry said:

"Proven" 

Right

And anyway, I'm not a fan of cutting one of your own to add another team's scrub in the hope that you can make good on his "potential" which the other team already failed to bring out.

You designate a roster spot to someone just to see if he really is a bust or not. That doesn't sound like Quinn at all. In fact, that sounds exactly opposite.

Quinn constantly churns the bottom of the roster. What are you talking about. You don't need to be a fan of it for Q to do it.

Edited by stizz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stizz said:

Quinn constantly churns the bottom of the roster. What are you talking about. You don't need to be a fan of it for Q to do it.

Swaps some waived player for a draft pick, or one who's already past paid the roster? No, actually he doesn't.

Players who are added to the team are players who either he's already see in action as part of the larger roster, or experienced veterans who are clear head and shoulders at a position of weakness. Amaro is neither.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Swaps some waived player for a draft pick, or one who's already past paid the roster? No, actually he doesn't.

Players who are added to the team are players who either he's already see in action as part of the larger roster, or experienced veterans who are clear head and shoulders at a position of weakness. Amaro is neither.

You think Saubert and Perkins are both better than Jace. Agree to disagree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

It's hard for me to imagine players getting cut from other inferior teams are good enough to make this stacked roster.  This team has the cuts that are going get picked up.

Yep........

The Buccaneers claimed first-year offensive tackle Marquis Lucas off waivers from the Falcons as the team continues to churn the roster at that position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/20/bucs-claim-marquis-lucas-off-waivers-from-falcons/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...