Reds at braves

DirtybyrdGA

Chip just said something that caught my attention. He mentioned that against the Rockies Julio threw 37 sliders after throwing just 10 the start before.

The reason that jumps out to me is that a couple nights ago on MLB Network they did a breakdown on Patrick Corbin. Corbin has been excellent his last 2 starts after being awful this season and they mentioned that he has dramatically increased his slider usage and has all but stopped throwing his change up. He is now throwing his slider over 50% of the time after throwing it only 34% of the time previously. His change up was getting smacked at a SLG of over 700. His changeup usage has dropped from 11% to 1%.

Just wondering if maybe Julio's improved performance against the Rockies was being of an increase in usage of his slider? He got off to a great start tonight striking out the side in the opening inning.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It doesn't matter what moves the Braves make in the off-season if they don't fix the bullpen. I'd love to see them spend the money to sign at least 2 proven arms.

If they do not improve this pen.  Another bad year in 2018.  I wish Jim Johnson would just go.  I would take anything just to get rid of him.      

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Johnson now has an ERA of 8.78 in his last 16 games. I'm pretty sure a big focus for us will be on adding some RPs through FA or trades. The cheap vets we've tried to fill gaps have been a disaster.

LOL!! But 2 months ago I was called an idiot for wanting the Braves to get rid of Jim Johnson because he was having a career year.