Season Ticket Holders

xianshino

To all the season ticket holders. I have wanted to be a season ticket holder since I was 10 years old in 1981 running around with my Steve Bartkowski jersey.

I finally decided last summer to buy season tickets, PSL prices or not, and that's what I did. Section 115 in the new stadium. After waiting over a year my season tickets finally arrived yesterday!

I opened the box with the excitement of that same 10 year old boy! What was inside? 2 plastic season ticket cards and lanyards with my seat numbers, 2 small MB stadium stickers, and a cheap Falcons duffle bag. Oh and the required clear plastic bag to bring items into the stadium.

To say the contents of the box were lacking is an understatement. I'm not saying I was expecting confetti to shoot out or a signed Julio jersey but ****! For as much as my wife and I paid for these seats, I expected more than what was in the box for sure. Especially for an inaugural season.

Not to mention, there will be additional give-a-ways during the season. Make sure you take advantage of your PSL rights and privileges...

Priority Tickets to other dome events...Ability to secure playoff tickets...discounts on falcons gear...etc. Not to mention the opportunity to experience MB stadium and everything it has to offer the entire season. There will be some that NEVER get the opportunity to step foot inside of the building. And For 10 weeks out of the year (Hopefully 12 with the playoffs) you'll get to do just that. Those memories will last a lifetime long after those duffel and plastic bags are in the trash.

3 hours ago, xianshino said:

To all the season ticket holders. I have wanted to be a season ticket holder since I was 10 years old in 1981 running around with my Steve Bartkowski jersey.

I finally decided last summer to buy season tickets, PSL prices or not, and that's what I did. Section 115 in the new stadium. After waiting over a year my season tickets finally arrived yesterday!

I opened the box with the excitement of that same 10 year old boy! What was inside? 2 plastic season ticket cards and lanyards with my seat numbers, 2 small MB stadium stickers, and a cheap Falcons duffle bag. Oh and the required clear plastic bag to bring items into the stadium.

To say the contents of the box were lacking is an understatement. I'm not saying I was expecting confetti to shoot out or a signed Julio jersey but ****! For as much as my wife and I paid for these seats, I expected more than what was in the box for sure. Especially for an inaugural season.

Yeah, I don't like the un-printed tickets. We used to get a very nice printed, bound booklet. I understand the e-version is convenient, but I have saved my ticket stubs for years in order to frame them when we won the Lombardi. We came sooooo close last year, and now we no longer have the printed tickets.

They should still give us a printed option. He11, I would pay more to get a hard copy.

Are we really complaining about free stuff? It may not have been something great but more than they needed to do. Not too mention the STH only event Saturday, or the ability to grab tickets to events before the general public. When did we get to a point that just because we paid for something we should be treated like kings or queens? I wasn't a huge fan of the credit card ticket but if it helps control counterfeit tickets so be it....time to prepare for the new age of stadiums.

12 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Are we really complaining about free stuff? It may not have been something great but more than they needed to do. Not too mention the STH only event Saturday, or the ability to grab tickets to events before the general public. When did we get to a point that just because we paid for something we should be treated like kings or queens? I wasn't a huge fan of the credit card ticket but if it helps control counterfeit tickets so be it....time to prepare for the new age of stadiums.

What free stuff? Nothing about these tickets is free. I'm only comparing what we got before compared to now. And as I said, I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount more for a printed booklet.

18 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

What free stuff? Nothing about these tickets is free. I'm only comparing what we got before compared to now. And as I said, I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount more for a printed booklet.

I got ya, I haven't had the season tickets before so I couldn't compare to what's been done in the past, but I wasn't expecting anything more than my tickets or ticket card in the mail. The clear bag and duffle were a nice bonus but I'm not going to complain about receiving them. 

23 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

You couldn't be more correct, nothing in life is "free" someone somewhere is paying for it either financially or emotionally.  In regards to the season tickets, it is nice to see those that were tricked into the PSL's getting a little bit more than what was sent out in previous years. Good on the Falcons for continuing to have the masses perceive they're getting a better deal than they really are. 

Free stuff? Look i'm not complaining per se, I'm just saying my expectations were a bit more for paying not only PSL's but season tickets in section 115. It ain't cheap...

I would have rather had tickets with each opponent printed on them. I get it though. Just figured for what I paid , there would be more extras in the box. Just an observation is all. Very excited about the games for sure.

Ok, I got the package about 10 minutes ago. Here are my thoughts:

The duffle bag is pretty thin, but looks nice. Maybe for the inaugural year a nice leather bag would've been cool. We did buy in on quite a bit of faith. There was no Super Bowl looming when we laid out for those PSLs.

The "black box" packaging for the tickets is cool looking, sort of "apple-ish". It has a nice schedule printed on the inside. I like the lanyards with the extendable drawstring. But I would suspect these are very susceptible to theft being that they just hang around your neck from a ribbon, connected only by a little clip.

The tickets themselves...meh...a little underwhelming. Granted, I'm comparing these to items like Augusta National patron badge's, which are pretty bada$$. These are smaller, credit card sized. But I guess the advantage to that is you could keep it in your wallet rather than hanging it around your neck for someone to potentially snatch and go.

Also, 4 tickets...one clear bag. What are we supposed to do, put all our stuff in together? My wife takes all of her bag and half of mine. But at least we have clear bags from previous seasons. 

Still wish we had the option for a printed booklet though.

my .02

A bunch of Kool Aid sure is going down in this thread. I too received my season tickets yesterday and like OP I was a little disappointed.I understand the idea behind getting rid of the old cardboard tickets but there's just something special about having that physical book of tickets.

In my opinion, they should have done what the Braves did, a game card and a physical book of tickets. 

8th year as a STH...got more stuff this year than ever before. Prior to this year, it was a sticker, tix in a booklet, and lanyards. So i was actually pleased to receive anything else. I appreciated the bag, thought it was a nice addition. 

Is it commensurate with the costs of PSL? No, but honestly nothing other than what we *should* get with a PSL - right of first acceptance/refusal for buying tix to ANY event at MBS - would satisfy me on that issue. 

The electronic ticket was/is a big issue with a lot of MLB for several years now.  There are a lot of traditionalists that were outraged.  People that had kept opening day tickets for decades.  Still, most MLB teams said screw you, whatever.  If even the MLB didn't budge on this, I don't see the NFL being any different.  It is the way of the future unfortunately.

4 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

The electronic ticket was/is a big issue with a lot of MLB for several years now.  There are a lot of traditionalists that were outraged.  People that had kept opening day tickets for decades.  Still, most MLB teams said screw you, whatever.  If even the MLB didn't budge on this, I don't see the NFL being any different.  It is the way of the future unfortunately.

I was on the electronic ticket pilot project last season and after the season, they send me the season ticket booklet. 

I think it's a way to go these days. Sooner or later, they'll do facial recognition for admission, anything is possible. 

57 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Scalpers are really going to have a hard time this year.  The real winners here will be Ticketmaster with all their dang fees.

The fees you see are just part of it.   The price we get for a sold ticket is less fees as well.   If you see a price of $200 per seat on the site - the owner of the tickets will receive $180.00 for the tickets because they charge you 10% immediately off the price of the seats.    Then they charge you more fees when you check out - so you are paying fees, plus they are taking 10% of the sale from the seller.

2 minutes ago, Tandy said:

The fees you see are just part of it.   The price we get for a sold ticket is less fees as well.   If you see a price of $200 per seat on the site - the owner of the tickets will receive $180.00 for the tickets because they charge you 10% immediately off the price of the seats.    Then they charge you more fees when you check out - so you are paying fees, plus they are taking 10% of the sale from the seller.

I remember that from when I was a STH.  I was usually shocked that some of my tickets sold, based on how much the buyer actually had to pay.  I even got some genius to pay $400 to see Steven Jackson play against the Rams.

4 minutes ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

I was on the electronic ticket pilot project last season and after the season, they send me the season ticket booklet. 

I think it's a way to go these days. Sooner or later, they'll do facial recognition for admission, anything is possible. 

I went to the game in London - and I loved the way you went in.   There were no ticket takers - it was like a giant turnstyle and you just put your ticket up there and got in.

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

So, to the seller it's 10% total fees of the listed price? Or 20%?