Concussion protocal can be caution

So is there any confirmation that Freeman had a concussion, or just being put on the protocal asa precaution, and/or to determine if he suffered one. I have passed out in HS practices in this Georgia heat, and this is the hottest year I can remember(mostly due to the constant humidity). Anyway, when teh body temperature rises due to dehydration, confusion, fainting,and eventually hallucinations occur. Obviously they are going to bring in anyone showing signs of confusion. So what are the chances that this is a heat/dehydration issue and less of a concussion issue. Or is my thinking the original thought and then a diagnostic tool confirmed a concussion. I am more concerned about concussions than anything else. I am leaning to the idea of forced retirement/ with a severance by the NFL, in a retirement program for concussion related retirements.I'm not sure when someone should be forced to retire from brain damage but obviously a simple formula of severity and frequency(how many and how far apart. Even minor concussions, such as those caused by explosions on the battlefield from mortars in close proximity, or artillery from moderate distance cause a repeated concussion disorder. These repeated "minor" concussions caused by the concussion of the explosion itself, which also effects all soft tissue in the body, never allow the brain to heal, and can cause a myriad of brain disorders, many of which no doubt have not been researched enough to be named. Anyway, I am getting out there again, i have had a couple bad concussions that caused me to have epilepsy myself. I don't wish concussion disorders on anyone, and I hope Free is o.k., and if he feels he needs to he needs to hang the cleats up. Sad thing is that being a 4th round pick he has made like $425,000 each year he's been here,  and now that he earned the one big contract running backs earn in their short career

Eventually science will create a more protective fake cerebro-spinal-fluid, that can be injected into the cranium. It will take a leap in technology for it not to cause meningitis, and be rejected by the body but the reaso I bring it up is that helmets will never prevent all concussions  since they cover the skull, and most concussions, especially with football related injuries, are caused by the brain hitting the skull.

Once Freeman no longer shows symptoms, he will no longer be under concussion protocol.  It's possible that he didn't suffer a concussion, and then would be cleared soon after.  Though the team doesn't have to tell us when he's no longer in the protocol, so we may possibly not know if he has a concussion or if they're just holding him out of preseason as a precaution.

As for forced retirement due to concussions, that basically already exists in the form of medical clearance.  If you can be medically cleared to return to the field, it is your choice whether or not to continue playing.  If not, the choice is made for you, such as with guys like Jahvid Best and likely Michael Oher who can't get clearance to play.

He is in the protocol, but at a minimum, that could mean he just initially showed symptoms.  If he remains in the protocol, then he has a concussion and is still showing symptoms.  Like I said, unless the team offers further updates, we won't know if he's still in the protocol or if it's just precautionary.  Being ruled out this early leads me to believe it is probably a concussion, but you never know with preseason.

31 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

I think his symptoms are heat related, but they're resembling a concussion so they put him in the "concussion protocol". Cause I believe there isn't a "heat protocol".

This.  He may have gotten dinged too, but everything I've heard makes it sound questionable at best, and they're just playing it safe.