Should we use Collins roster spot to keep K Mike Meyers

lju713

Mule leg and seems poised, from what i saw during training camp and game 1 of pre season. Now im not saying MB is washed up as a K, but he is 42 and has had some nagging injuries. I know if we cut Meyer's we won't clear waivers and he will be a asset to another team. Should be carry 2 kickers for 10 games and make the decision when JC is off suspension?

Edited by lju713

Or we could just give him the spot if he kicks better the remainder of pre season and let's say Bryant misses 2 more fgs from inside 50 yards. 

I don't want to watch another jason Elam happen nor do I really wanna see Bryant get replaced. If he can still hit from 50 consistent and make 90% im fine with it

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Or we could just give him the spot if he kicks better the remainder of pre season and let's say Bryant misses 2 more fgs from inside 50 yards. 

That too. If Andre Roberts can give us good field position and the O is playing with a short field, im confident Meyers will be good for 50yds in.

1 minute ago, lju713 said:

That too. If Andre Roberts can give us good field position and the O is playing with a short field, im confident Meyers will be good for 50yds in.

Agreed but you never know when you're gonna need a 54 yard fg to win a game down by 2 and if Bryant can't hit from that distance anymore it may be time to let a newcomer take over. 

12 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Agreed but you never know when you're gonna need a 54 yard fg to win a game down by 2 and if Bryant can't hit from that distance anymore it may be time to let a newcomer take over. 

The day i was at TC he was nailing 55-58 yarders with ease. Good by 3 or 4 yards

29 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Mule leg and seems poised, from what i saw during training camp and game 1 of pre season. Now im not saying MB is washed up as a K, but he is 42 and has had some nagging injuries. I know if we cut Meyer's we won't clear waivers and he will be a asset to another team. Should be carry 2 kickers for 10 games and make the decision when JC is off suspension?

2 kickers..is this real life?

That isn't how this works.

Collins doesn't occupy a roster spot while on suspension, so if you "gave" Myers his roster spot, you'd, in actuality, just be carrying fewer CBs in order to accommodate, which would really be just giving him some other CB's roster spot, and leaving us short on CB depth in order to carry 2 kickers.

I also find it amusing how every preseason, there are players who people just swear there is "no way" they clear waivers if we release them, so we "have to" find a way to keep them.

Then of course, they inevitably get waived, and, of course, clear waivers.

Meyers has yet to do anything that hasn't been done by plenty of other kickers who've cleared waivers numerous times in the past.

31 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I also find it amusing how every preseason, there are players who people just swear there is "no way" they clear waivers if we release them, so we "have to" find a way to keep them.

Then of course, they inevitably get waived, and, of course, clear waivers.

Meyers has yet to do anything that hasn't been done by plenty of other kickers who've cleared waivers numerous times in the past.

Don't you talk about cole manger that way... he was a sure fire HOF WR