Full replay of Miami game link

Just rewatching the starters, it really seems like a mismatch out there. I know not everyone is playing and it's preseason but on their first possession they run a screen on 3rd and 8 and come up way short. They aren't pushing the ball up field. Meanwhile the Falcons even in this game do push upfield. If you want to beat these Falcons you have to try and move the ball.

29 minutes ago, osiruz said:

thanks bro.

Brian Hill is Garbage. I dont think Shelby is special either. I think Upshaw should get more of Shelby's snaps.

Brian Hill isn't garbage he just got some rough calls, he's gonna take a year or two to get up to speed. BUT. Shelby definitely disappointed me, I know he's getting his wheels back under him but I saw very little indicating he's worth that contract so far. He had some decent plays early on last year but so far he's looking to be the worst free agent move we've made so far in the Dan Quinn Era.

Edited by Gimme.

Shelby didn't look bad to me. He was disruptive on the odd chance he had an opportunity to be. The second play of the second series, Shelby got good push to help disrupt the run. Fourth play, he gets a push again forcing the RB to cut up. He didn't break free of the block to make the play, but the disruption was there. If he doesn't, the RB is still running. I will agree he got little push in the pass rush though. 

13 hours ago, Jesus said:

Just rewatching the starters, it really seems like a mismatch out there. I know not everyone is playing and it's preseason but on their first possession they run a screen on 3rd and 8 and come up way short. They aren't pushing the ball up field. Meanwhile the Falcons even in this game do push upfield. If you want to beat these Falcons you have to try and move the ball.

that's actually how miami's passing offense is built. Their whole passing philosophy is to stretch the field horizontally to force the safeties to cheat up closer to the LoS, then start chucking deep to take advantage.

44 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

that's actually how miami's passing offense is built. Their whole passing philosophy is to stretch the field horizontally to force the safeties to cheat up closer to the LoS, then start chucking deep to take advantage.

Well bully for them. Though it doesn't seem to work so well. 

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

Hill is always falling backwards, and getting knocked back.

Not going to argue with you or go back and find it but I know for sure there were two plays where he fell forward/didn't go down easily. One was on the near sideline going to left of screen where it took a couple guys to bring him to a stop. So yeah..

2 hours ago, vel said:

Shelby didn't look bad to me. He was disruptive on the odd chance he had an opportunity to be. The second play of the second series, Shelby got good push to help disrupt the run. Fourth play, he gets a push again forcing the RB to cut up. He didn't break free of the block to make the play, but the disruption was there. If he doesn't, the RB is still running. I will agree he got little push in the pass rush though. 

He gets no push at all in the pass rush game. And he's mediocre against the run. I think Upshaw is way more effective.