Falconsfan567

Braves at Cardinals

44 posts in this topic

I missed Dansby's two middle AB's but I saw the 1st and last and he looked so much better. Lineout to 2B and medium deep FB to RF.

14 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I missed Dansby's two middle AB's but I saw the 1st and last and he looked so much better. Lineout to 2B and medium deep FB to RF.

He seems looser. He's hit a few balls very hard but unfortunately they were right at a fielder.

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

He seems looser. He's hit a few balls very hard but unfortunately they were right at a fielder.

He looked good last night. His swing still looked awful against the Phillies. He was bailing out away from the plate instead of staying firm on that backside and keeping his weight balanced and driving towards the plate instead of away from it. Last Sunday for Gwinnett he hit a HR and his swing was perfect.

Look at this, especially when they show the side angle replay. It's picture perfect.

Link

On the plus side, Sims only has one walk through five innings. On the negative side, he's getting his brains beaten in.

I haven't watched any of this game. But just saw the single Dansby got and it was a 97 mph fastball that he rifled into RF for a single. Against the Phillies he couldn't get get around on 90 mph. Another good AB and swing. Backside stayed firm and he stayed on the ball.

Team has spiraled after hitting .500. if Hart hadn't talked about how much he liked Snitker I'd say a "collapse" would help the PR of a new manager.

Five game hitting streak for Albies.

Swanson has had some terrible luck with balls in play, but as of right now, 13 of 15 at bats since his call-up had a hard hit ball. Hopefully he recognizes this and keeps doing what he's doing.

AEFalcon likes this

"Look at the braves bench"....no I can't Chip, I can't see the bench live like football or basketball..lol

59 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Five game hitting streak for Albies.

Swanson has had some terrible luck with balls in play, but as of right now, 13 of 15 at bats since his call-up had a hard hit ball. Hopefully he recognizes this and keeps doing what he's doing.

13 of 15 at-bats have a hard hit ball? Umm, I haven't paid very close attention this week but I think that number might not be right. Against the Phillies he was awful because his swing was still screwed up. In this series he's been good and hitting the ball hard with only 2 singles to show for it.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

13 of 15 at-bats have a hard hit ball? Umm, I haven't paid very close attention this week but I think that number might not be right. Against the Phillies he was awful because his swing was still screwed up. In this series he's been good and hitting the ball hard with only 2 singles to show for it.

He only played one game against the Phillies.

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

He only played one game against the Phillies.

Thought he played both games, so I was wrong there. But, I only remember 1 hard hit ball in that game. Plus, hasn't he had more than 2 strikeouts since coming back?

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Thought he played both games, so I was wrong there. But, I only remember 1 hard hit ball in that game. Plus, hasn't he had more than 2 strikeouts since coming back?

No.

12 minutes ago, K26dp said:

No.

Alright. I'm glad he looked much better against the Cardinals. That's the way he was looking in April when he was hitting into a lot of tough luck.