• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, brewman said:

Since the end zones become the goal areas when Atlanta United play it would probably be problematic to have them fully painted.

I guess you missed the video I posted where the Giants and Jets have two separate sets of end zone turn that they put down and take down. That is what I was suggesting here.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I guess you missed the video I posted where the Giants and Jets have two separate sets of end zone turn that they put down and take down. That is what I was suggesting here.

You're right I did miss that.  I wonder if that type of palletized turf setup would work well with a soccer field, especially in the goal areas, since any bulging or misaligned seams could really cause issues with the way the ball rolls even if they're not significant enough to cause footing issues.

Edited by brewman
1 minute ago, brewman said:

You're right I did miss that.  I wonder if that type of palletized turf setup would work well with a soccer field, especially in the goal areas, since any bulging or misaligned seams could really cause issues.

Well they would definitely have to make sure that it aligns properly. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. It takes a lot of work to switch over like they do but Blank probably doesn't think the extra work is worth it.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well they would definitely have to make sure that it aligns properly. It's like a jigsaw puzzle. It takes a lot of work to switch over like they do but Blank probably doesn't think the extra work is worth it.

They also said it takes 16 hours to do which could be a problem if games are on consecutive days.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:07 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. Just not a fan of the plain jane end zones.

We've been rocking the same end zone for a while now it's never been an issue to me. The last time I can remember a fully painted end zone was before the uniform change like 15 years ago. 

I personally didn't like the red endzone we had in the Super Bowl, I thought it was cheesy.

37 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

We've been rocking the same end zone for a while now it's never been an issue to me. The last time I can remember a fully painted end zone was before the uniform change like 15 years ago. 

I personally didn't like the red endzone we had in the Super Bowl, I thought it was cheesy.

It's just plain jane like the uniforms.

I thought the Super Bowl they had painted up for the Super Bowl looked great, just like the end zone for the other time the Falcons were in the Super Bowl and it looked better than the normal Falcons end zone look.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:27 PM, slewis1952 said:

I have been training at the stadium and I can assure you there are a ton of bathrooms. In fact, there are tvs both in the restroom areas and outside of the bathrooms in case there is a line of people.There are tvs everywhere (2800).There is a Anheuser Bush beer Garden  with self pour stations, if the Halo board was cut and stood up it would be the 24th tallest building in the world, it also would be taller than the Eiffel Tower, 673 points of sale compared to GD 407, they have enough solar panels to generate enough electricity for 9 Falcons games, the Halo Board takes 38 million light bulbs (and the colored lighting is brilliant), there are 24 restaurants versus 4 for the GD, there is no restriction as to wandering to other sections to look around (note: This pertains to sections 100, 200, and 300-- Field level and amenities are not included), the restaurant named after Arthur Blank's mother, Molly B's, is going to be divided between general public and those holding membership (different times).

I could go on but this stadium had pleasantly shocked me. It is great than many things that bugged you about the Ga. Dome are gone. Wider concourses, more bathrooms (especially for ladies), 1240 more beer taps than in the G.D., free refills on soft drinks at the refill stations which are everywhere... Just enjoy it and be very proud. This is absolutely the best that you will see in sports and entertainment venues. I have seen the light!!

nice

5 hours ago, notthatcool said:

And I got an UPS email saying my tickets (or cards) will be delivered tomorrow! 

Image result for excited christmas eve

I got an email that my tickets had shipped today about and hour before they were delivered!!!  Sign up for UPS Choice and you can track your tickets.  I found out this morning that my tickets were to be delivered today before I ever got the email.  Crazy!!!

4 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Not to be a smart azz but I thought we already knew this

Yes and no.............  Still seeing a lot of reports (fake news) that the roof does not work...... Almost done but they would not open it for games until the weather cooled off anyway...... Should be around the end of September.......