So How Much For Tevin Coleman Contract Next Year?

rudy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is actually where good teams survive as a QB (or other player) who cares more about the team might restructure his contract.  The salary cap is also likely to increase and if the Falcons have a successful season, the fan attendance and spending might convince the owner that the spending is worth it.

The real test might be 2 years from now as the young defense matures and the likes of Beasley, D Jones, Campbell, Neal, etc. start eyeing a bigger paycheck.

I don't see Coleman getting the same kind of deal.  He knows that he's a complimentary back to Freeman and not the main bell cow.  He will probably get 3 years at maybe $21-$24 mil.

And if no extension comes along, we can tag him for a couple years.

Edited by CrimsonFalcon

21 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Worry about it when the day comes.

Exactly. We're going to have to work out deals for Jarrett, Beasley, Matthews, Debo, Neal, Poole, Turbo, and Coleman in addition to extending Ryan in the next three years. And possibly Poe. Decisions will have to be made and some guys who have huge upside in 2017 will be gone by 2020. That's the business of football. Our window is open now.

10 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I don't see Coleman getting the same kind of deal.  He knows that he's a complimentary back to Freeman and not the main bell cow.  He will probably get 3 years at maybe $21-$24 mil.

And if no extension comes along, we can tag him for a couple years.

Coleman is going to leave in a similar situation that got us Michael Turner. Tomlinson was getting most of the snaps and Turner had good performance on fresh legs so he was in demand. San Diego couldn't keep him. Free gets the majority of snaps in Atlanta and Coleman is going to be a very hot commodity. His agent will probably be chirping next year for us to trade him or re-up his contract. Again, our window is open now.

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Why not ??

Because football is brutal sport with an avg shelf life of 3 yrs. RBs are notoriously known to have windows in which they must maximize their value. That window for RBs is typically their first contract after their rookie deal. This will likely be Coleman's biggest payday. He's going to seek max dollars, and given the nature of the sport I can't blame him.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

That's not his actual uncle. And he didn't do anything?

I already looked it up man.  I know who it is now.  He was a father figure to Devanta and also a rap musician maybe.  I guess Devonta's Dad was a dead beat so good for Luther...  

Wasn't their some other relationship with his actual agent or something?  Related to Uncle luke or whatever?  Somehow i remembered seeing tweets like it was family related.  

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

I already looked it up man.  I know who it is now.  He was a father figure to Devanta and also a rap musician maybe.  I guess Devonta's Dad was a dead beat so good for Luther...  

Wasn't their some other relationship with his actual agent or something?  Related to Uncle luke or whatever?  Somehow i remembered seeing tweets like it was family related.  

I think she's married to Luke. Which is why I don't like her being the agent.