Ranking the under-25 talent of all 32 NFL teams

fuego

Insider link so may not work. Too much to post it all unless somebody else wants to.

1. Dallas

2.NY Giants

3. Tampa Bay

4. Miami

5. Atlanta Falcons

2016 ranking: 13

Atlanta's top-ranked offense won't feature a ton of under-25 talent around MVP quarterback Matt Ryan this season. Tevin Coleman is a quality backup to Devonta Freeman, and Austin Hooper is one of the league's most promising young tight ends. The only other projected under-25 starter is right guard Wes Schweitzer, who is taking over for the retired Chris Chester.

Defense is where the Falcons are brimming with young talent. Atlanta would have been the lowest-ranked defense (27th in DVOA) to ever win a Super Bowl, but could not get that final stop against the Patriots. However, young, low-ranked defenses often become much higher-ranked defenses when players hit their prime. This year, the defense will start at least six under-25 players, many of whom are still developing.

Vic Beasley led the NFL with 15.5 sacks in a first-team All-Pro year. First-round rookie Takkarist McKinley could give the Falcons a great pair of bookend pass-rushers, but probably more so in 2018. Defensive tackle Grady Jarrett had a good Super Bowl, and 20 hurries in the regular season. Linebacker Deion Jonesled the team with 54 stops, and defended the pass well with three interceptions. De'Vondre Campbell was stronger against the run. Third-round rookie Duke Riley (LSU) could also start this season.

In the secondary, safety Keanu Neal had a very active rookie season, and ranked No. 7 in adjusted yards per pass allowed. Brian Poole and Jalen Collins also provide good depth at cornerback.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/20218920/nfl-ranking-all-32-teams-25-talent-2017-season

10 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

They have a valid point that we're not balanced in our youth talent between defensive and offensive sides. 

Which team is balanced on both sides of the ball under age 25?

And enough with the love over Dak...he doesn't even throw the ball over 25 yards downfield.

42 minutes ago, SOI said:

Which team is balanced on both sides of the ball under age 25?

And enough with the love over Dak...he doesn't even throw the ball over 25 yards downfield.

That's bull about Dak. Dak was 4th in yards per attempt. But people love to devalue his season for some reason like it wasn't possibly the greatest rookie QB season ever. I mean I hate the Cowboys too, but Dak was incredible.

Edited by Colin_Pernett

45 minutes ago, dmo_dlo said:

They have a valid point that we're not balanced in our youth talent between defensive and offensive sides. 

Just because we don't have a lot of offensive players under 25 doesn't mean we're ancient on O. Matt(32) and Julio(28) are in the prime of their careers, Sanu, Gabriel, and Hardy are only 27, 26, and 25, and Freeman and Coleman are only 25 and 24. Mack and Levitre are both 31, but good O-lineman regularly play at a high level into their mid 30s. Schreader and Garland are both 29, Matthews and Schweitzer are 25 and 23. 

The good thing is, we've drafted so well on defense recently, that we should be able to start focusing on replacing current offensive players in upcoming drafts. 

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Guess they have some under 25 year-old players that look promising.

The National Sports Media likes the NYG.

Yeah, but I've seen them being a top-5 ranked team overall in several cases. OBJ... what else?

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

That's bull about Dak. Dak was 4th in yards per attempt. But people love to devalue his season for some reason like it wasn't possibly the greatest rookie QB season ever. I mean I hate the Cowboys too, but Dak was incredible.

Dak was really good but the truth is that the Cowboys did a great job of protecting him with their number 2 ranked rushing attack. Dak only had 459 pass attempts in 2016. That was 23rd in the NFL. He did well with those 459 attempts but its not taking anything away from him saying that we really don't know how good he is.

3 hours ago, Peyton said:

Yeah ranking a team 2nd in power rankings because they won a Super Bowl 6 years ago is pretty silly though.

I'm not talking the team, I'm talking Eli. A lot of people call him elite because of his SB wins. The team overall gets ranked high because of their defense.