Jalen Collins suspended 10 games

D.B.N.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see no value in cutting him. It neither saves us any significant money, nor frees up a roster spot (as I have seen some on here suggest). It all comes down to whether Quinn thinks he can reform. If not, then it'd set a bad example in the locker room to keep him anyway.

I'll trust whatever Quinn decides. He knows that locker room best.

23 minutes ago, GTBF54 said:

What a dope...................

22 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

imagesqtbn_ANd9_Gc_Qdwp77fh_HJVK7bbu_Vl_

I think it's naïve to be so critical of him.    People assume that doping culture exists with professional cycling. So why would the same culture not exist in professional football?

Of Course, there are differences between cycling in football.

1).  Cycling does not have a  collective-bargaining agreement which guarantees two month period during which time athletes are prohibited from being drug tested.   And cycling, athletes are randomly tested you're around and they must make their whereabouts known or face a suspension. 

2)  The NFL teams have secure compounds which  are protected from governmental searches, as opposed to regularly crossing international borders where all vehicles are subject to inspection. 

3)  again, any cyclist at any time can be randomly tested. The NFL has, I think four players per team tested per month. 

4).  Economic benefits of enhancing performance in football are  much greater than the rewards in cycling. 

5)  four games first positive, 10 games second positive is nothing compared to two years/5 years that you have in cycling. 

So, maybe Collins has something going on which causes the drugs to stay in his system longer than other athletes, and that has resulted in him testing positive Twice.  

Or maybe he is just unlucky. 

I love the game, but I am not so naïve as to think that he is doing something that is not very common. 

Just now, holymoses said:

I think it's naïve to be so critical of him.    People assume that doping culture with professional cycling, why would the same culture not exist in professional football?

Course, there are differences between cycling in football.

1).  Cycling does not have a  collective-bargaining agreement which guarantees two month period during which time athletes are prohibited from being drug tested.  

2)  The NFL teams have secure compounds which  are protected from governmental searches, as opposed to regularly crossing international borders where all vehicles are subject to inspection. 

3)  any cyclist had any time to me randomly tested. The NFL has I think four players tested per month. 

4).  Economic benefits of enhancing performance in football are  much greater than the rewards in cycling. 

5)  four games first positive, 10 games second positive is nothing compared to two years/5 years that you have in cycling. 

So, maybe Collins has something going on which causes the drugs to stay in his system longer than other athletes, and that has resulted in him testing positive Twice.  

I love the game, but I am not so naïve as to think that he is doing something that is not very common. 

ummm... there are how many athletes that dont? There is a policy for a reason? You know what the punishment is if you get caught? You just got caught? 

Seems a little dumb to me.

There is a culture of stealing out there.. Ill just start stealing candy bars and ignore what happens if i get caught. Because I eat food. I can steal food. Because im an athlete, I can us PEDs.

31 minutes ago, fuego said:

Yeah, I was just about to ask if it could have been weed instead of PEDs. I didn't know whether how it's announced makes that clear or not. 

Yea weed isn't a performance enhancing drug. They would've said he violated the teams substance abuse policy instead of PED's. That's how you will know if it's illegal drugs or over the counter PED's. 

6 minutes ago, Champford said:

We talked about that when the article came out. Consensus was that Matthew Chambers is an idiot **** stirrer and some dude from the Midwest is hardly an authority on what is going on in the Falcons front office. 

That move makes zero sense unless Quinn wanted him. So that story is a bunch of horse ****. 

10 minutes ago, holymoses said:

I think it's naïve to be so critical of him.    People assume that doping culture exists with professional cycling. So why would the same culture not exist in professional football?

Of Course, there are differences between cycling in football.

1).  Cycling does not have a  collective-bargaining agreement which guarantees two month period during which time athletes are prohibited from being drug tested.   And cycling, athletes are randomly tested you're around and they must make their whereabouts known or face a suspension. 

3)  again, any cyclist at any time can be randomly tested. The NFL has, I think four players per team tested per month. 

What are you talking about ?? Football ?? Cycling ?? Not sure what your point is. He was suspended for the same thing last season and still did it again . Football and cycling are totally different. Most of that has nothing to do with this