PATS vs NFC SOUTH

14 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I strongly believe,  its gonna be same record as last year. Split with Bucs and sweep rest.

Idk about that man, Carolina and NO do not wanna be embrassed again. You remember in 2015 when Carolina totally destroyed us and we came back and beat them like 2 or 3 weeks later ? I think its like that. They will play us very hard this season

Edited by caponine

1 minute ago, caponine said:

Idk about that man, Carolina and NO do not wanna be embrassed again. You remember in 2015 when Carolina totally destroyed us and we came back and beat them like 2 or 3 weeks later ? I think its like that. They will play us very hard this season

Always.  It will depend if our defense can get to Cam, Brees, and Winston on a constant basis, and our offense doesn't drop off too much. Talent wise we can matchup to anybody.

51 minutes ago, caponine said:

43 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Always.  It will depend if our defense can get to Cam, Brees, and Winston on a constant basis, and our offense doesn't drop off too much. Talent wise we can matchup to anybody.

I think this is a year we lose 3 in the division, but handle almost everyone outside of it. I say  we're 11-5 again or 12-4. That's a loss to the Bucs and Panthers, sweep the Saints with losses to the Patriots and Seahawks for the 12-4 scenario. Add a loss to the Saints for the 11-5 scenario. I'm leaning towards the latter as we play the Saints twice in three weeks. 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

I was at that game. We handed them their first loss. 

3 hours ago, caponine said:

In order to play hard, you need talent and more than that relentless hunger! Which neither Panthers or Saints have. 

The question for all teams facing us  is not how they are going to stop Falcons offense but, how they will counter to our young, attacking defense at every level? 

This year our DEFENSE will break lot of records leading us to FIRST SUPERBOWL VICTORY.

Yes, I called it first. Im the 3 eyed Raven! :)

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I think this is a year we lose 3 in the division, but handle almost everyone outside of it. I say  we're 11-5 again or 12-4. That's a loss to the Bucs and Panthers, sweep the Saints with losses to the Patriots and Seahawks for the 12-4 scenario. Add a loss to the Saints for the 11-5 scenario. I'm leaning towards the latter as we play the Saints twice in three weeks. 

Why do you think Panthers will beat us?? I mean, please explain in what area do you think they have an edge over us?  How do we juat assume they will hand us a LOSS?

4 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Why do you think Panthers will beat us?? I mean, please explain in what area do you think they have an edge over us?  How do we juat assume they will hand us a LOSS?

Its just an opinion. Everyone has one. I think they will be motivated to return to relevance. That and the fact that I believe we will be in the playoffs before week 17 and will rest our starters. 

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I strongly believe,  its gonna be same record as last year. Split with Bucs and sweep rest.

On paper that seems to be the consensus, as long as it's in Tampa and not a home loss. Just in case the division comes down to any tie breakers 

48 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Its just an opinion. Everyone has one. I think they will be motivated to return to relevance. That and the fact that I believe we will be in the playoffs before week 17 and will rest our starters. 

I think you may mean have the division sewn-up and a first-round bye sewn-up.

Otherwise, not so much possibly.

Edited by Tim Mazetti

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Julio Jones handed them that loss. If Julio had not made that epic GODLY catch over Luke Kuchely ....we would have been swept.

Maybe... But that game was distend to go down to the wire, Julio Catch or not. Would honestly say, Roddy getting in the fight at the first quarter was a bigger play, that extended our drive.

The only reason I can see the Panthers beating us this year is the fact we have to play them at the end of a 3-game road trip and will be very exhausted (Pats start the trip) or we will likely be playing our 2nd string at home on week 17 against them and may not want to risk Ryan, Julio, and others in a meaningless game.

10 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

All our NFCS foes play Patriots before us. 3 games before us they play Bucs & Panthers & back to back road games before they meet us.

We have two back to back HOME games before we hit the LONG road trip.

I love our chances.....cant wait for 10/22 

Rise up!! 

You watch, everyone will be talking about how the Patriots surged late and got hot at the right time as the playoffs start. The reality is that they get to play the NFC South and their other off division for the first half of the season, then they settle into their division (basically 5 bye weeks with one valiant attempt annually by the Bills) and waltz into the playoffs. Meanwhile, we also finish up with our division and are likely to take a loss or 2. The talk will be, "the Falcons are stumbling into the playoffs."  It is both predictable and laughable. With the loss of Tannehill and the rebuilding of the Jets, the Patriots are set up for yet another divisional walk on the beach. 

12 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

All our NFCS foes play Patriots before us. 3 games before us they play Bucs & Panthers & back to back road games before they meet us.

We have two back to back HOME games before we hit the LONG road trip.

I love our chances.....cant wait for 10/22 

Rise up!! 

Pats will go 4-0 vs the NFCS. Only the Falcons' game will be close.

22 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I know it's a big game for a lot of us, but frankly I want us to beat the NFC South more than anything else.

I agree and generally tend to agree with this statement. However, I think it will be a game that would mean something to our players and coaching staff. It's like us beating Carolina 2 years ago.