Jump to content

Devonta Freeman??


Recommended Posts

Ok so the Falcons said that getting Devonte signed was a priority. Now I take a look at the message boards and very few mentions of him. What is going on? I mean the first exhibition game is coming up and he is at practice but not signed? Did I miss something?

 

Edited by slewis1952
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, slewis1952 said:

Ok so the Falcons said that getting Devonte signed was a priority. Now I take a look at the message boards and very few mentions of him. What is going on? I mean the first exhibition game is coming up and he is at practice but not signed? Did I miss something?

 

He still has one year on his contract. We are trying to extend him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man listen , The falcons  said they would love toget a deal done by the start of training camp BUT wouldnt rush if it didnt happen. Now some fans expected it to be done at the start of training camp when there was no guarantee that would happen Dimitroff basically saying they were not putting a timetable on his contract.He will be signed, hes a priority but you cant just sign him for anything. I believe this is why Dimitroff wants to keep his and Freeman talks on the DL , people are trying to put a timetable on it. 

Why should there be more mentions of him or anyone else on the team for that matter ? There hasnt been any ground breaking news from anyone at flowery branch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, caponine said:

Man listen , The falcons  said they would love toget a deal done by the start of training camp BUT wouldnt rush if it didnt happen. Now some fans expected it to be done at the start of training camp when there was no guarantee that would happen Dimitroff basically saying they were not putting a timetable on his contract.He will be signed, hes a priority but you cant just sign him for anything. I believe this is why Dimitroff wants to keep his and Freeman talks on the DL , people are trying to put a timetable on it. 

Why should there be more mentions of him or anyone else on the team for that matter ? There hasnt been any ground breaking news from anyone at flowery branch 

5941d9f3cc226_garygnu.jpg.395aa8a7e4091323e0de9f8230480423.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I thought about saying this but you play the bad cop better than me.

If we do sign him it won't be for $10 Mil a season.  Besides, I cut his pay a bit for missing that block in the SB where Ice got crushed and fumbled.  

free.gif

I remember we dropped Brooking when he let that pass sail over his head and cost us the game.

Freeman is honestly lucky more wasn't made of this play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Most cases top members are signed pretty easy. It doesn't help hiscase when the agent already said they want elite money, whatever that may be

Eh... Since the only contract talks you tend to hear about are top players, I tend to disagree with most cases scenario. Mid-tier and lower Tier tend to be the easy signs.

Top players can be a little tricky, with the back and forth between the sides to see where the agreeable ground is. They are just waiting it out, to see where the dust settles. Player is in cap, which tells me they have already heard a number they are ok with, they just want to see how much more they can get. That is the standard part I was referring to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Eh... Since the only contract talks you tend to hear about are top players, I tend to disagree with most cases scenario. Mid-tier and lower Tier tend to be the easy signs.

Top players can be a little tricky, with the back and forth between the sides to see where the agreeable ground is. They are just waiting it out, to see where the dust settles. Player is in cap, which tells me they have already heard a number they are ok with, they just want to see how much more they can get. That is the standard part I was referring to.

From everything I've seen it's mostly difficult when the money doesn't match what's wanted. Some players want much more than current team is willing to pay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You cannot say one play cost us the SB, but if you had to point to one (if a gun were to your head) this might be it.  Is it true that Gabriel was open deep on this play?

I thought everybody knew why we lost the SB,,, We didn't run the ball to keep the clock running and to keep them from KNOWING , We were going to throw it every time in the 2nd half !!!!  Why did our Coaches have to lose their Minds in the SB.. It only happened when it mattered most. I guess the moment Got to their Brain... It went out for the last half..... Gone... The lights be on but Nobody Home... Our Coaches in the 2nd half of the SB... Last year.... that made us loss the game.... Because they Nutted up in the Brain.. Ok,, back to normal...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You cannot say one play cost us the SB, but if you had to point to one (if a gun were to your head) this might be it.  Is it true that Gabriel was open deep on this play?

Yes it is true. Matt was about to hit an open Gabriel for 6. Now there's no guarantee Matt would have hit him or Gabriel would have caught it.  But the way Matt was playing we can pretty much say Matt would have hit him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WornOutFalconFan said:

I heard it in an interview with Ryan, maybe it was Robinson or Gabriel, I don't remember which, all I know is the guy asking the questions pointed out Ryan was winding up to hit a wide open somebody for 6, but Freeman wiffed.

Before that play even happened I knew every Falcon fan was screaming the same thing I was:

"RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Before that play even happened I knew every Falcon fan was screaming the same thing I was:

"RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!" 

I felt like I was in a nightmare.  It really was surreal, and I was wondering why basic football 101 went out the window.

We had it in the bag.

No if anyone is to blame it has to be coach in my opinion.  Everyone knows you run the ball and eat clock. Shanny's arrogance and Quinn's inability to take over playcalling when he needed to cost the team and us fans a trophy. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Before that play even happened I knew every Falcon fan was screaming the same thing I was:

"RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!" 

Yeap,, at least one person on here sees what happened... It's so simple,,,  ah...... when you throw the ball every time,, the opposing team will figure that out real soon... Like they did in the last half of Last year. The sad part is,, I've never seen this team do that in any game.. Why in the world did they have to do that in the Game we needed to win most????? Talk about a brain freeze ....:rant:, Oh I've got to lay it down. That was the weirdest game I've ever seen in my life. Why did they have to pull that stunt in the Big Game.?? Honestly,, I think there was something fishy going on there.. It was just too Crazy and not like us. Makes me wonder if someone had money on the game and was a OC. I know,, but it was that Crazy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I felt like I was in a nightmare.  It really was surreal, and I was wondering why basic football 101 went out the window.

We had it in the bag.

No if anyone is to blame it has to be coach in my opinion.  Everyone knows you run the ball and eat clock. Shanny's arrogance and Quinn's inability to take over playcalling when he needed to cost the team and us fans a trophy. 

 

 

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yeap,, at least one person on here sees what happened... It's so simple,,,  ah...... when you throw the ball every time,, the opposing team will figure that out real soon... Like they did in the last half of Last year. The sad part is,, I've never seen this team do that in any game.. Why in the world did they have to do that in the Game we needed to win most????? Talk about a brain freeze ....:rant:, Oh I've got to lay it down. That was the weirdest game I've ever seen in my life. Why did they have to pull that stunt in the Big Game.?? Honestly,, I think there was something fishy going on there.. It was just too Crazy and not like us. Makes me wonder if someone had money on the game and was a Coach. I know,, but it was that Crazy. 

I think Shanny started to panic when Coleman left with an injury. He didn't call hardly any run plays when Freeman was in. I still don't get why Ryan wasn't allowed to audible.

Quinn was so busy coaching the D, he forgot we were in the Super Bowl and needed to focus on the O as well as the D. Don't care what anybody says, we had enough talent to win that game by at least 2 TDs. We had Bill and Tom on the ropes and didn't knock'em out, instead we let them get a second wind.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was going for the "one play didn't cost us angle" but yes, coaches definitely brain farted that game away.  

Shanny Mainy Act. Glad that dude is gone.. His bad calls out weighs his good calls. The Last Quarter he coached here cost him his job. I am so so glad he's gone... I'm not sure he didn't have a bet on the game??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Shanny Mainy Act. Glad that dude is gone.. His bad calls out weighs his good calls. The Last Quarter he coached here cost him his job. I am so so glad he's gone... I'm not sure he didn't have a bet on the game??

Something about the playbook disappearing still doesn't sit right with me.........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...