Enjoy younger fans, because these are the good old days....right now!

gazoo

Some of you younger fans may hear us older fans speak nostalgically of Bartkowski and how we almost beat Dallas in NFCCG, or of the Grtiz Blitz, William Andrews, Scott Case, Deion Sanders, Chris Miller and the Runn and Shoot, The Dirty Bird team with Jamal Anderson that went to Super Bowl in 1998.  Those used to be the good old days, but not anymore. 

Never in Falcons history did this team even have back to back winning seasons until Matt Ryan was drafted. The playoff runs in 2012 where we were 10 yards and a holding call then incredible 2016 season capped off by a close Super Bowl.

Never in this teams 60  year  history have we ever come off a playoff run or Super Bowl with a team intact like this, never even came close. We collapased after playoff runs and the Bowl before, but that ain't about to happen this year. This is by far the best run this franchise had ever had since Matt Ryan was drafted. 

Look, 50 years from now some of you young fans will be talking about this current team nastoligically so enjoy this while you have it. You are really getting spoiled if you just started watching Falcons the last few years. It's a real treat what we are in the middle of and few teams get to enjoy runs like this. Many of us oldtime fans have been waiting over a half century for this team to get this good!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Some of you younger fans may hear us older fans speak nostalgically of Bartkowski and how we almost beat Dallas in NFCCG, or of the Grtiz Blitz, William Andrews, Scott Case, Deion Sanders, Chris Miller and the Runn and Shoot, The Dirty Bird team with Jamal Anderson that went to Super Bowl in 1998.  Those used to be the good old days, but not anymore. 

Never in Falcons history did this team even have back to back winning seasons until Matt Ryan was drafted. The playoff runs in 2012 where we were 10 yards and a holding call then incredible 2016 season capped off by a close Super Bowl.

Never in this teams 60  year  history have we ever come off a playoff run or Super Bowl with a team intact like this, never even came close. We collapased after playoff runs and the Bowl before, but that ain't about to happen this year. This is by far the best run this franchise had ever had since Matt Ryan was drafted. 

Look, 50 years from now some of you young fans will be talking about this current team nastoligically so enjoy this while you have it. You are really getting spoiled if you just started watching Falcons the last few years. It's a real treat what we are in the middle of and few teams get to enjoy runs like this. 

Preach!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

19 and riding this wave of happiness as far as it'll take me.

Oh man, trust me when I say you will be watching the Falcons decades from now telling your grandkids about this era and still on this Falcons message board 60 years from now bringing up these current players names!

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

Preach!!!!!!!

You know it Tandy! You and I had to wait decades for this but some of these younger cats got it right out of the gate!  It's hard when you are competing against 31 other teams with really only a handful of elite QBs like Ryan. So many things have to come together to put an era like this together.  I expect we will be in Super Bowl hunt the next 3 or 4 years and after just coming off one wha a great ride!

Gotta say I've never been as confident in a Falcons team going into a season.

Ive never seen a roster so chok fill of talent since I've been a fan.

We know what the offense is capable of but I think the the defense is going to unleash **** on the league excuse my gladiator tirade but as above I'm really confident going in this year.

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

Look, 50 years from now some of you young fans will be talking about this current team nastoligically so enjoy this while you have it. You are really getting spoiled if you just started watching Falcons the last few years. It's a real treat what we are in the middle of and few teams get to enjoy runs like this. 

KEITH BROOKINGZ

6 hours ago, East_Coast_Falcon said:

KEITH BROOKINGZ

When Keith played at GA Tech he came in my bar in Buckhead all the time so I got to know him pretty good. We hired some of Tech's offensive linemen as bouncers.

You're not kidding. Some of us old-timers still throw up in our mouths a little when we think of growing up with Shawn Collins being our deep threat, Aundray Bruce and Marcus Cotton riding shotgun on the defense, and Dan Henning's blank stare into space as if he forgot to turn on the dishwasher before leaving the house. There is no more talk about the '5-year plan' that seemed to last forever or the owner giving a 'we've reached a plateau' speech before spending the next eight years before making the playoffs again. It's a great time to be a young Falcons fan...

I just turned 27 and have been riding with the Falcons ever since I can remember. The earliest days for me was the Vick days but I was 11 when we drafted him. I really started "following" the Falcons heavily starting in 2008 at the beginning of the Ryan era, so you could say I have been spoiled too for the most part. I love this team and never have I been more excited than now. We have an amazing head coach who has a vision and has brought a unique culture to Atlanta that we are lucky to be able to witness. Enjoy it folks, cuz I sure am. 

5 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I just turned 27 and have been riding with the Falcons ever since I can remember. The earliest days for me was the Vick days but I was 11 when we drafted him. I really started "following" the Falcons heavily starting in 2008 at the beginning of the Ryan era, so you could say I have been spoiled too for the most part. I love this team and never have I been more excited than now. We have an amazing head coach who has a vision and has brought a unique culture to Atlanta that we are lucky to be able to witness. Enjoy it folks, cuz I sure am. 

Dang it,  D.B.N., you just made me feel a lot older...

19 hours ago, Trick Montalban said:

I became a Falcons fan in 2007 when I entered high school and started playing the sport. Thankful that I've been watching them since the beginning of the Matt Ryan era. This is fun to witness. 

You are very fortunate to not have to live through the Scott Campbell, Turk Schoenert , Joey Harrington, Doug Johnson, Billy Joe Toliver, Tony Grazini, Kurt Kittner, Steve Deberg, Bob Berry, Randy Johnson and Dave Archer ( sorry Dave but you do much better with play by play) eras!

There was a lot of losing before Ryan got here. 

In the 8 seasons Ryan has been here we've been to the playoffs in 5 of his 8 seasons, to the NFCCG 2 times and Super Bowl 1 time . 

In the other 51 seasons , we only sniffed the playoffs in 8 of them and always collapsed the following season, only went to 2 NFCCGs and 1 Super Bowl. 

18 minutes ago, gazoo said:

You are very fortunate to not have to live through the Scott Campbell, Turk Schoenert , Joey Harrington, Doug Johnson, Billy Joe Toliver, Tony Grazini, Kurt Kittner, Steve Deberg, Bob Berry, Randy Johnson and Dave Archer ( sorry Dave but you do much better with play by play) eras!

In the 8 seasons Ryan has been here we've been to the playoffs in 5 of his 8 seasons, to the NFCCG 2 times and Super Bowl 1 time . 

In the other 51 seasons , we only sniffed the playoffs in 8 of them and always collapsed the following season, only went to 2 NFCCGs and 1 Super Bowl. 

Kim McQuilken, Pat Sullivan, June Jones, Mike Moroski, scott Hunter, Bryon Leftwich.

i nearly threw up posting most of those names...

I agree this could be a defining moment in Falcon's history.  Although my fondest childhood memories will still be watching those early 80s teams. All the neighborhoods kids would play football in our yard and I would roll a towel up and tuck it in the collar of my shirt so I could be William Andrews. 

My son is now 10 and I realize with technology our childhoods are totally different, but I hope one day he will look back on these days like I did. 

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

I think I'm also fortunate my first ever Falcons game was in 2007 when we beat the Texans. I watched us win even when we sucked after the whole Vick thing. Lol.