Beastly: Holding Court

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

As excited as I am about the talent, I have to remember I fell for this when Roddy said on Hard Knocks that the 2013 (maybe it was '14) Falcons was the best team he had ever been on and we know how that turned out.

I gotta slow down my hype levels a little. LOL

Right, although I am in awe (PokerSteve), I can hide and watch.

25 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Beasley better dang well bring Takk to Von's pass rushing summit next off-season.  

As an aside, while we have no room for him, I would have been thrilled if Freeney was back for one more year to mentor Takk.  Apparently Takk used the Freeney spin move yesterday in practice.  It would have been sweet if Freeney was there to help Takk master that move

12 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

As excited as I am about the talent, I have to remember I fell for this when Roddy said on Hard Knocks that the 2013 (maybe it was '14) Falcons was the best team he had ever been on and we know how that turned out.

I remember Watt destroying Matthews and the rest of our O-line on Hard Knocks when Houston practiced with us.  That tempered my enthusiasm.  

I'm optimistic this year because of our ability to draft situational players in the mid-rounds and develop them into above average starters.  If that trend continues, the Falcons will remain relevant for a very long time.

Edited by Falconsin2012

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I'm optimistic this year because of our ability to draft situational players in the mid-rounds and develop them into above average If that trend continues, the Falcons will remain relevant for a very long time.starters.  If that trend continues, the Falcons will remain relevant for a very long time.

This is what PokerSteve alluded to in an other post.

Spot on.

Every team will have vulnerability at certain positions.

This team will be able to compensate for those rare occurrences and endure because of the total team thingy.

Falcons have some great players, that will overcome any perceived flaws.

2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

We prolly would never know because I think that's the year Julio and Jackson went down early. I think our oline was droppin like flies. Roddy was hurt. And Douglas had 1000 yds