Is De'Freeman worth 5 @ Fitty with 12 For-sho

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

I'm thinking he would get more than $12 mil guaranteed.

It may be that TD is willing to give him a 'decent' contract with a good chunk of guaranteed money up front, or a 'good' contract with less guaranteed money up front.

If that's the case, I wonder if the the hangup is Free's camp wants both, which seeing how TD deals, not likely to happen.

It's a little more than I would have liked to see be dedicated to the position but honestly, he's worth it. He's out there right now having the best camp he's ever had too according to reports. All while in a contract dispute. That's the kind of man you want in your locker room. Give me Freeman over Bell. At least as a leader and a team mate

53 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

Wouldn't 10 mil per year make him the highest paid RB in the league? I expected him to come in somewhere between 6-8 with 15-20 guaranteed 

Yea, if you don't count Bell's tag. 

Why did you expect him to come in between $6-8MM? Based on Spotrac, Lesean McCoy is the highest non-tagged paid RB at $8MM per year. He signed that in 2015. In 2015, the salary cap was $143MM. In 2017, the cap will be $167MM, or a 17% increase. Increase McCoy's contract 17% and you get....$9.36MM. 

You paying Freeman in the $6-8MM range is essentially saying he's no better than guys like Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory or Doug Martin. 

Simple math guys. The cap goes up. Contracts go up. What used to be $6-8MM is now $9-11MM. 

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

And no more than 8 for Beasely and 5 for Jarrett. Oh, and Matthews can't be more than 6 either.

Matt might as well take $10-12MM because he'll be lucky to sniff more than that on my Madden simulator. 

3 hours ago, vel said:

Yea, if you don't count Bell's tag. 

Why did you expect him to come in between $6-8MM? Based on Spotrac, Lesean McCoy is the highest non-tagged paid RB at $8MM per year. He signed that in 2015. In 2015, the salary cap was $143MM. In 2017, the cap will be $167MM, or a 17% increase. Increase McCoy's contract 17% and you get....$9.36MM. 

You paying Freeman in the $6-8MM range is essentially saying he's no better than guys like Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory or Doug Martin. 

Simple math guys. The cap goes up. Contracts go up. What used to be $6-8MM is now $9-11MM. 

He deserves to make the same or more than Mccoy. Pay the man!