Dodgers @ Braves

Unknøwn

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I'd say Lane Adams is the odd man out. Johnson/Camargo/Rodriguez get the bulk of the ABs in LF while Kemp is out. 

Which I hate. Lane Adams has done nothing but make an impact but is always getting thrown back to Gwinnett whenever the Braves want to use someone else. I know Micah Johnson has done nothing but get pinch-hit ABs so far but I can't even remember him putting a ball in play let alone getting a hit. Also, it's not like Johnson has an MLB track record that would give him the upper hand over Adams. The only thing he has going for him is the ability to play both IF and OF.

Braves have yet to use Camargo in the OF so I doubt we see him in LF. Santana has been out there in LF a lot along with Rodriguez. Also, never made no sense to keep getting all these other guys over Adams either. But I'm not in front office meetings so I have no way of knowing why the Braves don't want to give Lane Adams a legit shot as the 4th OF.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Which I hate. Lane Adams has done nothing but make an impact but is always getting thrown back to Gwinnett whenever the Braves want to use someone else. I know Micah Johnson has done nothing but get pinch-hit ABs so far but I can't even remember him putting a ball in play let alone getting a hit. Also, it's not like Johnson has an MLB track record that would give him the upper hand over Adams. The only thing he has going for him is the ability to play both IF and OF.

Braves have yet to use Camargo in the OF so I doubt we see him in LF. Santana has been out there in LF a lot along with Rodriguez. Also, never made no sense to keep getting all these other guys over Adams either. But I'm not in front office meetings so I have no way of knowing why the Braves don't want to give Lane Adams a legit shot as the 4th OF.

Well, the idea with Camargo has to be a super utility player along the lines of Infante and Prado. In that regards, getting him some work in the OF now is a much better options than Santana. As far as Adams is concerned, his inability to play anything but the OF is a tremendous downside, especially with his (larger) counterpart limited to 1B only. 

35 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Well, the idea with Camargo has to be a super utility player along the lines of Infante and Prado. In that regards, getting him some work in the OF now is a much better options than Santana. As far as Adams is concerned, his inability to play anything but the OF is a tremendous downside, especially with his (larger) counterpart limited to 1B only. 

But Brian Snitker would have to do the smart thing and play Camargo in the OF instead of Santana but so far we've haven't seen that. I still can't get over the DH against the Mets when he played Santana in CF instead of Adams for game 2 and Santana looked awful. Snitker might be better than Fredi Gonzalez but that's not saying anything. I'll be so glad when he's gone. He's so much like Fredi. It just kills me.