Let me know what you think and who you want next.

Email us suggestions and comments at Unintentionalgrouding@gmail.com

YouTube: UnintentionalGrounding - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCI...

Twitter:@UnGrPodcast - https://twitter.com/UnGrPodcast

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Unintentiona...

Instagram - ungr_podcast

Really liked the break down, especially the topic on covering and spying on mobile QBs. That 'bad sack' in the Eagles game, I think was more to Beasley being a more technique type player than a power/bullrushing type. I believe that Beasley has even stated that the reason he bulked up a little in the offseason was to give him a little more strength without losing too much speed. I also think that is one of the many reasons we drafted Takk, who is the polar opposite of Vic in nearly every way. Looking at some of Takk's film in UCLA, he is definitely more power and less technique. What I'm hoping is that Vic will get better playing opposite Takk and learning somethings from him, and Takk gets better feeding form Vic.

Though if Poe, Grady, Hags and Shelby do their jobs, both Ends should feast. 

I really liked the breakdown spying Rodgers. But I wouldn't call that sack against Philly a bad sack. The offense set the blocking up with the read option, faking the handoff. DE's should not burst off the line in passrush if it sets up like a running play. That is why we run so much playaction, because it slows down the DE's. Based on the offensive playcall and the way Beasley read it, it was a good hustle play with pursuit at the end. 

I have seen DE's give up on those plays that go the opposite direction. Beasley got locked up on the playfake but still broke free to pursue the sack. I think you should probably watch that again. 

P.S. I agree it was a coverage sack. It was your breakdown of it that I disagree with.

44 minutes ago, pzummo said:

I really liked the breakdown spying Rodgers. But I wouldn't call that sack against Philly a bad sack. The offense set the blocking up with the read option, faking the handoff. DE's should not burst off the line in passrush if it sets up like a running play. That is why we run so much playaction, because it slows down the DE's. Based on the offensive playcall and the way Beasley read it, it was a good hustle play with pursuit at the end. 

I have seen DE's give up on those plays that go the opposite direction. Beasley got locked up on the playfake but still broke free to pursue the sack. I think you should probably watch that again. 

P.S. I agree it was a coverage sack. It was your breakdown of it that I disagree with.

I'm cool with that. Lol

3 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

Great job on the Beasley breakdown.  I have to give Beasley a lot of credit even on the " bad sack" for never giving up on the play. His improvement was dramatic from 1st to 2nd year. This year will hopefully be even better.

I'm sure when you see the Part 2 film you will be happy. Remember this is a 5 part film breakdown lol. But yeah... For my first shot at it I like the responses and feed back. You guys rule @toadfishtom 

Great breakdown.  Can't wait for pt 2 but he nailed Beasley.  I think that the "bad" sack is the way Vic takes plays off.  I think he knows he can't really play patty-cake with a man who weighs 60-80 lbs more than him but he also knows he can't rush with his hair on fire every play (I think Takk will try).  Hopefully Vic's offseason helped him get more leg and core strength (his arms are ridiculous but he doesn't have a balanced physique to torque guys off of him).  I think it is worth noting that even when Vic disappears like he did in the playoffs, he was still a major asset since teams MUST alter their game plan for him.

Edited by Monolith2001
14 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Great breakdown.  Can't wait for pt 2 but he nailed Beasley.  I think that the "bad" sack is the way Vic takes plays off.  I think he knows he can't really play patty-cake with a man who weighs 60-80 lbs more than him but he also knows he can't rush with his hair on fire every play (I think Takk will try).  Hopefully Vic's offseason helped him get more leg and core strength (his arms are ridiculous but he doesn't have a balanced physique to torque guys off of him).  I think it is worth noting that even when Vic disappears like he did in the playoffs, he was still a major asset since teams MUST alter their game plan for him.

Dude thank you! Part 2 on Falcons Friday after Live stream on YouTube. The "Bad sack" was lack of effort. Should have worded it better, but for a first time breakdown I thought did well lol.

Deion Jones is up next and Hegeman after that.

Part 3 of Vic Beasley film is in editing atm. More to say about 2015 Vic if you know what I mean.

Good breakdown but it's gotta be more than two plays to substantiate any claim. I get the "good sack/bad sack" rationale, but coverage sacks aren't bad sacks in my opinion. Nobody else got there. You can't ignore the play action that he's reading, which always gives the OL the advantage. If Vic's job wasn't to read run and actually play it and was actually just flat out rushing the passer, I'd get the complaint. But you can look at even the best edge rushers. Play action holds every one if they are asked to play the run. Turn on the game against the Raiders and you'll see how our play action rendered Mack useless. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

Good breakdown but it's gotta be more than two plays to substantiate any claim. I get the "good sack/bad sack" rationale, but coverage sacks aren't bad sacks in my opinion. Nobody else got there. You can't ignore the play action that he's reading, which always gives the OL the advantage. If Vic's job wasn't to read run and actually play it and was actually just flat out rushing the passer, I'd get the complaint. But you can look at even the best edge rushers. Play action holds every one if they are asked to play the run. Turn on the game against the Raiders and you'll see how our play action rendered Mack useless. 

@vel Thanks for the constructive criticism. I worded it very poorly and meant to say  it was an " Easy sack " and was unimpressed by the lack of fight in the beginning to earn it.