ATLSlobberKnockers

Why is pulling an SUV such a big deal?

66 posts in this topic

Unless the escalade was in park, or if he was pulling it up a 20% grade, or he pulled it for 200 yards, I don't get the big deal with pulling it with ropes tied to both sides, and a rubber grip. I don't consider myself as super strong, but I guess being 6'5 really helps leverage, because I know I could have done it at his age. **** I'm 38 and I could still do it( albeit with a much higher risk of injury. I used to pick up the back of my ranger (dead lift) just to prove I could. Someone tell me what the big deal is. Now jumping over a car is something that impresses the **** out of me.

akemp3000 likes this

19 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Unless the escalade was in park, or if he was pulling it up a 20% grade, or he pulled it for 200 yards, I don't get the big deal with pulling it with ropes tied to both sides, and a rubber grip. I don't consider myself as super strong, but I guess being 6'5 really helps leverage, because I know I could have done it at his age. **** I'm 38 and I could still do it( albeit with a much higher risk of injury. I used to pick up the back of my ranger (dead lift) just to prove I could. Someone tell me what the big deal is. Now jumping over a car is something that impresses the **** out of me.

So something you've never done or attempted but you are certain you could? I'm not saying you can't or that it's as impressive as some have made it out to be but you sound like "that guy". 

50 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

How well do you think you would fare against the following animals

Dog

Wolf

Cheetah

Posted (edited)

I'll answer you question. As  person that had alot of break down and having to push a car out the way of traffic.even when I see someone like that I help push the car out the way. And PUSHING  a Honda accord, a s10, Suzuki samurai by my self is hard. Now  this said PULLING cars would be even harder so that's why I find it a big deal. Pulling thing has always put more strain on your legs arms .because you cant just lay your body on a car and push it with your body weight. When you push the car it's easy to keep it in motion, as for pulling it with a rope you are always going to get more slack so the suv motion will stop. Lastly just because you can do something once. Doesn't mean you can do it over and over again like a work out. But every time that SUV comes to a stop and you have to start the pull all over again. It makes it a little more harder. Jumping over cars isn't something that wow! Me I seen alot of people do it. I don't see alot of people pulling suv. I can't do none of them. Lol

Edited by AllStarHandyMan
osiruz and RedandBlack4ever like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

**** yeah!  You should go to Twitter/Instagram and call him out for trying to make something so easy look impressive.  In fact, you should go to TC and call that blonde mullet-wearing poser that he ain't ****.   Here you can post this guy pulling a helicopter with his junk to prove the point.

PAY-AsiaWire_PenisDrag_02.jpg

Oh forgot... [/purple]

Edited by Monolith2001
ShmevinShmarris likes this

6 hours ago, shc said:

How well do you think you would fare against the following animals

Dog

Wolf

Cheetah

We had a thread in ABF a couple years ago where someone said they could destroy a wolf one on one lol. Every animal we named he said he could destroy except a bear I think. So funny

35 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

We had a thread in ABF a couple years ago where someone said they could destroy a wolf one on one lol. Every animal we named he said he could destroy except a bear I think. So funny

I was thinking about that thread...:lol:

We should've put up some money and let him go through with that challenge.

45 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was thinking about that thread...:lol:

We should've put up some money and let him go through with that challenge.

That was comedy gold. He would need that money for surgery though lol

WhenFalconsWin likes this

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Since when is picking up something that's elevated considered a deadlift.

wuskillzz likes this

I drag my riding mower off to the garage every time I cut grass cause I some how forget to put enough gas in it. Does that count?

aw man come on pulling an suv isn't hard. How many of us have pushed a stick shift car or truck to get it started?

That being said lol his form is bad. 

I pushed a 900 lb motorcycle 3 miles from home. I just got a beer and more gas. Maybe I deserve a competition trophy and a dozen roses!

One time I was walking out of the Wal-Mart store in Macon.  There was a woman with about a two-year-old in her cart walking out in front of me.  She went down the parking aisle straight out the door, and I jogged over one to the left. 

I loaded my groceries into my car, and then I heard a horrifying scream behind me.  I spun around, and saw that a large man was fighting the woman at the open driver's door to her Escalade.  From the panic in her voice, I immediately knew that she had loaded the little boy into the car first, and that now she was getting carjacked.  I started to sprint towards her as she fell and the man got in, but I knew I would never make it in time when i heard the transmission shift and saw the brake lights go out.

The rear tires started to spin, but I slowed to a walk, confused, as the vehicle didn't move an inch.  Smoke was billowing out in huge black clouds from the tortured rear tires as the engine revved over and over again to the redline, but still the truck didn't move.

I moved to the side, and I could see Tony Martin holding the rear bumper with one hand and talking on a cell phone with the other.  He hung up, smiled, and looked at me.  When he spoke, his voice hit me like a searchlight cutting through thick fog and showing the way to salvation in rocky shoals.  "Don't worry," he said.  "I just called 911.  What kind of a man would do something like this?"  I had no answer, and at that moment the wheels stopped turning as the man realized that he had no chance of escaping.  He threw himself out of the car and onto the ground as the frantic mother ran behind the SUV.

"You saved my baby!" she screamed as she looked at us.

"It was all his doing," Tony Martin said, and he winked at me.

I looked at the woman, and when I looked back, Tony Martin was gone.

So to answer your question, yes.  Being able to pull an SUV can be pretty important.

1 hour ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

One time I was walking out of the Wal-Mart store in Macon.  There was a woman with about a two-year-old in her cart walking out in front of me.  She went down the parking aisle straight out the door, and I jogged over one to the left. 

I loaded my groceries into my car, and then I heard a horrifying scream behind me.  I spun around, and saw that a large man was fighting the woman at the open driver's door to her Escalade.  From the panic in her voice, I immediately knew that she had loaded the little boy into the car first, and that now she was getting carjacked.  I started to sprint towards her as she fell and the man got in, but I knew I would never make it in time when i heard the transmission shift and saw the brake lights go out.

The rear tires started to spin, but I slowed to a walk, confused, as the vehicle didn't move an inch.  Smoke was billowing out in huge black clouds from the tortured rear tires as the engine revved over and over again to the redline, but still the truck didn't move.

I moved to the side, and I could see Tony Martin holding the rear bumper with one hand and talking on a cell phone with the other.  He hung up, smiled, and looked at me.  When he spoke, his voice hit me like a searchlight cutting through thick fog and showing the way to salvation in rocky shoals.  "Don't worry," he said.  "I just called 911.  What kind of a man would do something like this?"  I had no answer, and at that moment the wheels stopped turning as the man realized that he had no chance of escaping.  He threw himself out of the car and onto the ground as the frantic mother ran behind the SUV.

"You saved my baby!" she screamed as she looked at us.

"It was all his doing," Tony Martin said, and he winked at me.

I looked at the woman, and when I looked back, Tony Martin was gone.

So to answer your question, yes.  Being able to pull an SUV can be pretty important.

Epic man, just Epic

You just saved this thread, while making potentially the best post of the year.

Congrats