Jay Cutler to call Falcons, Bears season opener

You know, it seems almost every game we play the commentator in the booth used to play for the other team. :rolleyes:

Jay Cutler doesn’t have to wait long to return to Soldier Field.

The former Chicago Bears quarterback is scheduled to provide color commentary during the Atlanta Falcons Sept. 10 season opener against the Chicago Bears.

According to the Chicago Sun Times, Fox Sports’ Charles Davis said on Tuesday he and Kevin Burkhardt will be joined in the broadcast booth by Cutler when the Falcons and Bears face off during Week 1 of the regular season. After the 11-year NFL veteran was released from the Bears in March, Cutler announced he joined the Fox Sports broadcast team as an analyst. 

The Bears and Falcons will kick off their 2017 seasons at noon at Chicago’s Solider Field.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/jay-cutler-call-falcons-bears-season-opener/H9Pc6qaAnfKcGhcuZGeIVO/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

For real. I wouldn't be surprised if Cutler started taking cheap shots at the Bears if they start losing.

I'm actually looking forward to it.  I'm from Chicago, so I'm going to try to make it a long weekend with family and catch the game so if all goes according to plan I would miss the broadcast.  That would bum me out because Cutty doesn't pull punches and watching Glennon barf all over the field while Cutty rips him for doing so is going to be a pretty great broadcast.

26 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm actually looking forward to it.  I'm from Chicago, so I'm going to try to make it a long weekend with family and catch the game so if all goes according to plan I would miss the broadcast.  That would bum me out because Cutty doesn't pull punches and watching Glennon barf all over the field while Cutty rips him for doing so is going to be a pretty great broadcast.

Going into this season, what's your opinion on this Bears team and the NFC North in general? At least as far as strengths and weakenesses? You think we match up pretty well?

8 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Going into this season, what's your opinion on this Bears team and the NFC North in general? At least as far as strengths and weakenesses? You think we match up pretty well?

I think the Bears are going to surprise some people, at least on defense.  Their QB and WR situations are trash, but they have a legit defense and Jordan Howard is the truth.  I don't think they can hang with the Falcons, but I don't think it's going to be the massacre some believe it will be.  They were terrible last year in large part due to the sheer amount of injuries.  It rivaled the Chargers where big name players were going down weekly.  If they could ever find their franchise QB, they would do rather well, I am not sure Trubisky is it.  Losing Jeffrey is going to hurt, especially considering Kevin White is perma injured.

The North will be GB, Det, Minny, Chi more than likely in the standings I am thinking.  If some injuries go the Bears way, I could see them challenging Minny for that 3rd spot.

15 minutes ago, athell said:

I think the Bears are going to surprise some people, at least on defense.  Their QB and WR situations are trash, but they have a legit defense and Jordan Howard is the truth.  I don't think they can hang with the Falcons, but I don't think it's going to be the massacre some believe it will be.  They were terrible last year in large part due to the sheer amount of injuries.  It rivaled the Chargers where big name players were going down weekly.  If they could ever find their franchise QB, they would do rather well, I am not sure Trubisky is it.  Losing Jeffrey is going to hurt, especially considering Kevin White is perma injured.

The North will be GB, Det, Minny, Chi more than likely in the standings I am thinking.  If some injuries go the Bears way, I could see them challenging Minny for that 3rd spot.

Thanks for your insight. I also don't think we're gonna roll through anybody this season,because the rest of the NFC will be gunning for us. Though I think we'll still win most games.

5 hours ago, Diesel_Bird said:

I don't know. He seems like the kind of guy that would take some shots at the bears lol 

Just like Brian Urlacher.

It seems like he really hated the Bears so much over the past few years. You would think that he played 13 years for the Packers. He took many shots at them when he worked for FS1.