Jump to content

De'Vondre Campbell Working w/ Chuck Smith & Marcus Golden For Transition To SLB


Recommended Posts

Can't wait to see how Campbell does at SAM. It's his more natural position IMO. In the few opportunities he got to rush the passer last season, he looked good. He's got the size for it and its a position that doesn't rely on him being real instinctual. Something that he had trouble with last season. Man, I'm excited about this young Linebacker group we've got.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Campbell at SAM makes him think less. Mostly covers the flats and hook curls. Less space. Better for players like him who tend to overthink. It was obvious during his rookie season. He was biting on almost every play action. SAM should be good for him. Assuming he added ten pounds, he's 6'4 240lbs on the edge. That's good size. Still agile enough to cover RBs and TEs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

There has to be a fear of employment why he has not. Unless folks generally do not like him.

From what I read in a profile of him a while back, he wasn't really feeling the full-time grind of coaching with young kids in the house.  Him working as a private specialist he gets to set his own hours, develop his own cirriculum, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

From what I read in a profile of him a while back, he wasn't really feeling the full-time grind of coaching with young kids in the house.  Him working as a private specialist he gets to set his own hours, develop his own cirriculum, etc.

If that's so, would be just another reason to like this guy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vel said:

Campbell at SAM makes him think less. Mostly covers the flats and hook curls. Less space. Better for players like him who tend to overthink. It was obvious during his rookie season. He was biting on almost every play action. SAM should be good for him. Assuming he added ten pounds, he's 6'4 240lbs on the edge. That's good size. Still agile enough to cover RBs and TEs. 

I agree.....just imagine our LB corps in full throttle !!  With Takk, Poe , Beasley , ClayBorn , Trufant, Alford ....in mix Most lethal combo in NFL.

Edited by mattyicefalcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

There has to be a fear of employment why he has not. Unless folks generally do not like him.

There was an article a few months back saying he has spent last 4 TCs with the Bengals and consults for other coaches / teams as well.  I think he likes the freedom and flexibility that he has as a consultant.  I'll put that link from the old article below along with DQs thoughts on him.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-sack-whisperer-how-an-ex-nfl-player-became-the-phil-jackson-of-pass-rush-gurus/

 

That passion has attracted the eye of NFL coaches. Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn has stopped by to watch Smith work.

“I went to see him and hear him teach and came away with a general good feeling of all the unique stuff and passion he has for pass rushing,” Quinn said. “He gave instant feedback right away. You could see him watch the drill and immediately give feedback. He didn’t need the film. The best coaches can do that.  He has real value. Some of those guys he’s worked with have already taken their games from a good level to an excellent level.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kschreck said:

There was an article a few months back saying he has spent last 4 TCs with the Bengals and consults for other coaches / teams as well.  I think he likes the freedom and flexibility that he has as a consultant.  I'll put that link from the old article below along with DQs thoughts on him.

 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-sack-whisperer-how-an-ex-nfl-player-became-the-phil-jackson-of-pass-rush-gurus/

 

That passion has attracted the eye of NFL coaches. Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn has stopped by to watch Smith work.

“I went to see him and hear him teach and came away with a general good feeling of all the unique stuff and passion he has for pass rushing,” Quinn said. “He gave instant feedback right away. You could see him watch the drill and immediately give feedback. He didn’t need the film. The best coaches can do that.  He has real value. Some of those guys he’s worked with have already taken their games from a good level to an excellent level.”

Yeah, I saw what @PeytonMannings Forehead said. I am just glad he is within arms reach. I also heard that Dan Quinn likes him, which is why I was wondering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vel said:

Campbell at SAM makes him think less. Mostly covers the flats and hook curls. Less space. Better for players like him who tend to overthink. It was obvious during his rookie season. He was biting on almost every play action. SAM should be good for him. Assuming he added ten pounds, he's 6'4 240lbs on the edge. That's good size. Still agile enough to cover RBs and TEs. 

This ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...