Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

How much have NE, TB, Green Bay, Dallas, SEA improved? who worries you?

116 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Just a Bills fan said:

Odds are you are going to be disappointed...no one touches NE in the AFC this year...Not Pitt, not the Raiders, not Houston , not KC and not Denver.....they are far and away the best team in that conference...if Brady stays healthy, they will be in the SB.....

Sadly you are correct. heck I'd even be happy with a Falcon Bill SB. But we have to worry about getting back ourselves and not who the opponent is.

54 minutes ago, Just a Bills fan said:

From afar, I can see the Falcons realistically be 13-3 if they stay healthy.....Losses to Seattle, New England and drop one vs a division rival.....don't worry about NE for now.....make sure you get to the SB ...then, you will most likely have a chance to exorcise some demons against them.....Against the AFCE, you should easily beat my Bills and the Jets.....Miami will a tougher game, but the Falcons are a much better team......Playing NE @ Foxboro is probably the toughest task in the NFL ( with Seattle at their stadium ).....their winning % is just ridiculous....

This is why.

IMG950514.JPG

falconsrus and PokerSteve like this

9 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Sadly you are correct. heck I'd even be happy with a Falcon Bill SB. But we have to worry about getting back ourselves and not who the opponent is.

I really think Atlanta is one of only few teams that can beat NE....I'll be a BIG Falcons fan this year...except when they play the Bills of course...;-).....I put my chances at 15%....a guy can dream...lol...

Let me think

according to the GAME ANNOUNCERS (different most games)

The Falcons beat NO 2X because of NO injuries

The Falcons beat GB 2X because of GB injuries

The Falcons beat Panties 2X because of Panty injuries

The Falcons beat Bucs 1X because of BUC Injures

the injures were so bad these teams had to play ROOKIES and inexperienced players on their defenses.  

citsalp and Boothy20 like this

Not teams that scare me, but teams I think everyone should look out for this season..  The entire AFC south minus IND

New England certainly improved, but since they are not in the Falcon's divsion then why worry about them? I don't believe Green Bay or Seattle is more talented than Atlanta. Atlanta can certainly lose on the road to NE and Seattle because both places are tough to play at. Out of the 3 match-ups, I think the Falcons go 2-1, and 3-0 wouldn't surprise me. 

Tampa and Carolina are the biggest worries. I think Tampa getting DJ will pay huge dividends. However, I think the Falcons are better coached than TB and have a fast enough D to go win against TB. Carolina is not likely to have another down year, but are they more talented than the Falcons in more areas? I don't think so. I think TB, Carolina and New Orleans will see that the Falcons D now has a serious front 7 that is going to make it tough to run and pass on. I think the entire league is going to see this. 

If Atlanta stays mostly healthy, then this will be a special year.

PokerSteve likes this

The teams that pose a threat will be the ones with the ability to methodically dominate the time of possession battle. This defense is going to continue to improve and if these other teams want a chance they can't really afford to play from behind against them. Teams will try to wear the Falcon's defense out. 

Dallas lost alot from a already weak defense, so i think that game will be a blowout. GB got younger in the secondary and we play them early so i think we win big week 2. TB and NE are the only teams i think improved enough to give us a few problems. Either way i see 13-3 in our forecast.

3 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

TB really improved on the offensive side of the line.. it all depends on how well their QB plays this year because they are loaded offensively. The pats had just an insane off season..even before the draft. It almost seems unfair.

Now GB I was not blown away so much with their draft, but I re-watched the NFC title game recently and we were one or two special teams mistakes from losing that game. The football gods were smiling on us because it could have turned the other way real easy. The final score is somewhat misleading..Don't believe me go watch for yourself.

What happened in the title game again?  It was 24-0 at halftime and 37-15 going into the 4th quarter.  Which special teams mistakes almost cost the game?  

I do remember a few special teams issues vs. Seattle, though.

4 hours ago, ket222 said:

so.... how much have NE, TB, Green Bay, Dallas, SEA improved with off season signings and who do we NOT match up well with in the coming season?

obviously NE has added a ridiculous amount of talent, and TB seems to added a couple of scary pieces ... but have the other teams improved much?  We basically destroyed GB and SEA, and GB beat dallas, ergo unless they have made real improvements I'm pretty confident about them esp. since GB and Dallas' defense aren't special.

also how did our defense improve so much over the past few games and do you predict they will be a top 10 defense given our additions and more experience?

I feel like we can beat any team put in front of us.  Doesn't mean we win every game, just means no one worries me.

Nobody "scares" me this year if our defense keeps jelling.

But of that list, the two that jump out based on the off-season are New England and Tampa.

Tampa has a he11 of a receiving corps. We had NOBODY who could cover Mike Evans last year. He schooled everybody we put on him, especially Trufant, who went down for the season in that game. Now they've added OJ Howard and Desean Jackson to that mix. And Jameis has now passed his sophomore year, which is typically the worst season a QB has.

4 hours ago, ket222 said:

so.... how much have NE, TB, Green Bay, Dallas, SEA improved with off season signings and who do we NOT match up well with in the coming season?

obviously NE has added a ridiculous amount of talent, and TB seems to added a couple of scary pieces ... but have the other teams improved much?  We basically destroyed GB and SEA, and GB beat dallas, ergo unless they have made real improvements I'm pretty confident about them esp. since GB and Dallas' defense aren't special.

also how did our defense improve so much over the past few games and do you predict they will be a top 10 defense given our additions and more experience?

Good teams all.  None worry me.  All concern me as viable contenders.  But I don't view it as a fear thing, but more of a challenge thing.

I look forward to see where this young team stacks up against high end competition.  We took a big step last year.  Lets see just how good this team can be.

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Good teams all.  None worry me.  All concern me as viable contenders.  But I don't view it as a fear thing, but more of a challenge thing.

I look forward to see where this young team stacks up against high end competition.  We took a big step last year.  Lets see just how good this team can be.

Completely agree.

It really just comes down to how effective Sark will be for the offense, if the defense can really take a step up, and injuries. We have the talent to run with anyone.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, delaigle said:

Let me think

according to the GAME ANNOUNCERS (different most games)

The Falcons beat NO 2X because of NO injuries

The Falcons beat GB 2X because of GB injuries

The Falcons beat Panties 2X because of Panty injuries

The Falcons beat Bucs 1X because of BUC Injures

the injures were so bad these teams had to play ROOKIES and inexperienced players on their defenses.  

LOL:lol:

4 hours ago, Falconsfan11 said:

We're better than all of them. It's time for us fans to change our mindset. We're the team that will be feared. 

Preach. Even with the way we folded in LI, we dominated most of that game and lost in overtime. Suggesting that New England is far better than us is a media wet dream. We beat the Pack twice last year, should have beaten the Seahawks twice, and match up favorably with Dallas. The only team that the Falcons need to be worried about will be arriving in Flowery Branch in about a week.

PokerSteve likes this

30 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Completely agree.

It really just comes down to how effective Sark will be for the offense, if the defense can really take a step up, and injuries. We have the talent to run with anyone.

Yep.  My hope is that between both Sark & Ryan, they will have a good grasp on how to use the Shanny offense to expose defenses and out-scheme them.  That is my hope anyways.

5 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Seattle away is a difficult game too. But I don't care about winning every single game. Just win in January 

I think winning in Seattle is tougher 

As a Buc fan Ill say the falcons worry me the least out of all the NFC teams. 

Losing Shanahan will prove to be bigger than it is now and expose Ryan for the system QB he is. The defense is fast and hard hitting...until the 2nd half of games when they're tired from being on the field more than the O. Two new coordinators and a SB hangover will be too much to overcome. They will make it back to the playoffs but will be 1 & done in the wildcard rnd.

Philly worries me the most because as much as I hate them, I really like their HC and the attitude he brought. They looked legit during their win streak last season. They could be a wildcard team but I wouldnt be surprised if they won the east. Either way they will be a tough Team to beat this season. 

16 minutes ago, radio24 said:

As a Buc fan Ill say the falcons worry me the least out of all the NFC teams. 

Losing Shanahan will prove to be bigger than it is now and expose Ryan for the system QB he is. The defense is fast and hard hitting...until the 2nd half of games when they're tired from being on the field more than the O. Two new coordinators and a SB hangover will be too much to overcome. They will make it back to the playoffs but will be 1 & done in the wildcard rnd.

Philly worries me the most because as much as I hate them, I really like their HC and the attitude he brought. They looked legit during their win streak last season. They could be a wildcard team but I wouldnt be surprised if they won the east. Either way they will be a tough Team to beat this season. 

Well if Ryan is such a "system QB" than it's a good thing the OC that's replacing Shanahan is running the same system that Ryan just won an MVP in...

Flyin' In DC likes this

5 hours ago, Just a Bills fan said:

Odds are you are going to be disappointed...no one touches NE in the AFC this year...Not Pitt, not the Raiders, not Houston , not KC and not Denver.....they are far and away the best team in that conference...if Brady stays healthy, they will be in the SB.....

If Carr stays healthy, I think the Raiders can take NE...

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Well if Ryan is such a "system QB" than it's a good thing the OC that's replacing Shanahan is running the same system that Ryan just won an MVP in...

Only time will tell. My bet is against the falcons repeating as NFC champions

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol I know right.

Hard to be a "system" QB when you've been in 3 different systems. As well as exceeding in all said systems. 

chifalc and JD dirtybird21 like this

2 minutes ago, radio24 said:

Only time will tell. My bet is against the falcons repeating as NFC champions

Fair enough. I wouldn't bet against them on division champs though. They are easily the most talented team in the division. Your team has got something going though.