ket222

How much have NE, TB, Green Bay, Dallas, SEA improved? who worries you?

107 posts in this topic

so.... how much have NE, TB, Green Bay, Dallas, SEA improved with off season signings and who do we NOT match up well with in the coming season?

obviously NE has added a ridiculous amount of talent, and TB seems to added a couple of scary pieces ... but have the other teams improved much?  We basically destroyed GB and SEA, and GB beat dallas, ergo unless they have made real improvements I'm pretty confident about them esp. since GB and Dallas' defense aren't special.

also how did our defense improve so much over the past few games and do you predict they will be a top 10 defense given our additions and more experience?

HASHBROWN3 likes this

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Not scared of any of them. The Falcons are talented enough to beat anyone 

Pretty much this. Cant worry about NE anyway 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

None of the teams in the NFC scare me. Dallas and GB will put up some points but their D's won't stop anybody. NE added a bunch of talent but honestly when is the last time that the team that won the offseason, won the postseason? 

IF, and that's a big if, this team stays relatively healthy at key positions, they can beat anyone. 

PutMeInCoach likes this

1 hour ago, ket222 said:

so.... how much have NE, TB, Green Bay, Dallas, SEA improved with off season signings and who do we NOT match up well with in the coming season?

obviously NE has added a ridiculous amount of talent, and TB seems to added a couple of scary pieces ... but have the other teams improved much?  We basically destroyed GB and SEA, and GB beat dallas, ergo unless they have made real improvements I'm pretty confident about them esp. since GB and Dallas' defense aren't special.

also how did our defense improve so much over the past few games and do you predict they will be a top 10 defense given our additions and more experience?

NE - On paper they have improved.  Given their history as an org, it will probably be more successful than others who add a bunch of big name FA's

TB - They have added talent, but can the 'team' improve?  it's yet to be seen.  They are a hot/cold team based largely on their QB play.  He's a gun slinger and when he's hot, he's hot... but it's the not hot that kills them.  

Green Bay - Honestly, I don't know what they have done to really improve.  I will expect them to be a tougher team than we saw in the NFCCG primarily because they should be healthier.  That said, their D really didn't stop us in 2 games last year and I don't see that to be that much improved.  

Dallas - I think they have problems internally with players on/off field.  I don't think they will have another 14 win season, but I don't see their defense stopping our offense

Seattle - Not aware of all their offseason moves, but they have a solid base of players and coaching staff (-1 d coordinator). They will be a tough team when we play them.  

I would rank these teams as:

1. NE
  2. Seattle
  3. Green Bay
  4. Dallas
  5. Tampa

We played 4 of these teams last year and beat 3 of them 2x (regular & playoffs)

We lost (shouldn't have) to NE and didn't play Dallas.  

I think Atlanta has gotten much better on Defense and likely special teams (return game).  

I see us beating Tampa 2x, Dallas, Green Bay  

NE is a toss up, but I do think we can beat them.

Seattle is a toss up.   

FalconBlood23 likes this

32 minutes ago, Falconsfan11 said:

We're better than all of them. It's time for us fans to change our mindset. We're the team that will be feared. 

^^^^ Agree 100%

Only a few things worry me this season:

1. injuries

2. The crappy schedule complete with early bye and having to travel every other game.

If we can make through these, we can compete with any team.

13 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

NE - On paper they have improved.  Given their history as an org, it will probably be more successful than others who add a bunch of big name FA's

TB - They have added talent, but can the 'team' improve?  it's yet to be seen.  They are a hot/cold team based largely on their QB play.  He's a gun slinger and when he's hot, he's hot... but it's the not hot that kills them.  

Green Bay - Honestly, I don't know what they have done to really improve.  I will expect them to be a tougher team than we saw in the NFCCG primarily because they should be healthier.  That said, their D really didn't stop us in 2 games last year and I don't see that to be that much improved.  

Dallas - I think they have problems internally with players on/off field.  I don't think they will have another 14 win season, but I don't see their defense stopping our offense

Seattle - Not aware of all their offseason moves, but they have a solid base of players and coaching staff (-1 d coordinator). They will be a tough team when we play them.  

I would rank these teams as:

1. NE
  2. Seattle
  3. Green Bay
  4. Dallas
  5. Tampa

We played 4 of these teams last year and beat 3 of them 2x (regular & playoffs)

We lost (shouldn't have) to NE and didn't play Dallas.  

I think Atlanta has gotten much better on Defense and likely special teams (return game).  

I see us beating Tampa 2x, Dallas, Green Bay  

NE is a toss up, but I do think we can beat them.

Seattle is a toss up.   

The Falcons lost once each to Seattle and Tampa Bay during the regular season.

I'll say what I said last year around mid-season when the offense started cooking...assuming we're healthy (relatively speaking) this team can beat anyone.  That was true then and I'd say the same now.  Even last season what really irks me is outside of the opener in Tampa and maybe Philly...we basically beat ourselves in all of our losses.

Dallas: I think they'll be good but they still have the issue that plagued us for years...pass rush problems.  Also, I could see Dak taking a bit of a dip in his second season.

NE: Yea, they'll be good but outside of week 7 that's the AFC's problem unless we meet them in the SB again.

GB: Will be good again but I'm not sure what to make of their D and if they'll be better.

Team that probably worries me most in the NFC...the Giants.  I was worried about their D last year if we had to see them in the playoffs and now that they've coupled Marshall with OBJ and Shepherd in his second season...if they can find a running game they could be a problem.

TB really improved on the offensive side of the line.. it all depends on how well their QB plays this year because they are loaded offensively. The pats had just an insane off season..even before the draft. It almost seems unfair.

Now GB I was not blown away so much with their draft, but I re-watched the NFC title game recently and we were one or two special teams mistakes from losing that game. The football gods were smiling on us because it could have turned the other way real easy. The final score is somewhat misleading..Don't believe me go watch for yourself.

quickzero likes this

9 minutes ago, conalthomas said:

The lost to Seattle was due to a bogus non PI call. We where still in preseason mode when we lost to TB the first time. We beat both teams convincingly the next time we played them.

quickzero likes this

Honestly , if we dont miss a beat from last season. I'm not scared of any team. And so what if we go to NE and lose regular season? Who cares? If we get back to the superbowl. NE is not the team i want to meet. Not that I am scared of them. I am just sick of them. Tired of seeing them ..tired of hearing about them. Tom Brady can just go away as far as I'm concerned. I'd be ok with an ATl vs.TEXANS/BENGALS/ anybodybut PITTS and NE

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I'll say what I said last year around mid-season when the offense started cooking...assuming we're healthy (relatively speaking) this team can beat anyone.  That was true then and I'd say the same now.  Even last season what really irks me is outside of the opener in Tampa and maybe Philly...we basically beat ourselves in all of our losses.

Dallas: I think they'll be good but they still have the issue that plagued us for years...pass rush problems.  Also, I could see Dak taking a bit of a dip in his second season.

NE: Yea, they'll be good but outside of week 7 that's the AFC's problem unless we meet them in the SB again.

GB: Will be good again but I'm not sure what to make of their D and if they'll be better.

Team that probably worries me most in the NFC...the Giants.  I was worried about their D last year if we had to see them in the playoffs and now that they've coupled Marshall with OBJ and Shepherd in his second season...if they can find a running game they could be a problem.

Dallas: More concerned with Zeke and that Oline than Dak honestly. Not sure about their defense, but not worried either.

NE: agree

GB: Even with a question mark on defense, Rodgers can give teams fits. Gonna be another fight.

TB: Yeah they got more weapons, but no one should be scared of Winston, and they still play smitty ball sometimes on the D

Pants: We match up well with them

NO: Same as Carolina and Tampa. We can match them. 

We don't play the NYG this season unless we meet in the playoffs. I'll worry about them then.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
quickzero likes this

From afar, I can see the Falcons realistically be 13-3 if they stay healthy.....Losses to Seattle, New England and drop one vs a division rival.....don't worry about NE for now.....make sure you get to the SB ...then, you will most likely have a chance to exorcise some demons against them.....Against the AFCE, you should easily beat my Bills and the Jets.....Miami will a tougher game, but the Falcons are a much better team......Playing NE @ Foxboro is probably the toughest task in the NFL ( with Seattle at their stadium ).....their winning % is just ridiculous....

quickzero likes this

14 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Honestly , if we dont miss a beat from last season. I'm not scared of any team. And so what if we go to NE and lose regular season? Who cares? If we get back to the superbowl. NE is not the team i want to meet. Not that I am scared of them. I am just sick of them. Tired of seeing them ..tired of hearing about them. Tom Brady can just go away as far as I'm concerned. I'd be ok with an ATl vs.TEXANS/BENGALS/ anybodybut PITTS and NE

Odds are you are going to be disappointed...no one touches NE in the AFC this year...Not Pitt, not the Raiders, not Houston , not KC and not Denver.....they are far and away the best team in that conference...if Brady stays healthy, they will be in the SB.....

36 minutes ago, conalthomas said:

Doh... you're right.  I'm gonna blame monday morning and not enough coffee.  lol.  

I feel like every season this team starts off with the mojo they had from last season. Last year we dropped that game to Tampa but I think it was because were still still in that negative funk from the year prior. I believe we can beat them twice this year. The saints and bucs are the type of teams that people hype up every year and they never meet those expectations. I cant justify us losing either game. I know its a rivalry game and what not but the better team should win. Thats us.

The way we beat the seahawks and packers last year, they'll definately be out for us. These games will definately be more difficult this time. The way we dominated them though, I can not see us losing either.  I see these as possible game of the year games including NE of course.

New England is a toss up and they definately have a few advantages(location and psychologically) but I can be certain every calendar in Flowery Branch has that date circled and they will be out there on overdrive that week.

Lastly the Cowboys imo are not gonna have the same success as last year. Dak i see struggling with some sophmore slump syndrome. ( honestly dont think he will be bad just not as good ) Elliot will still dominate with that line, that wont change. I feel like this will be a shootout game. Thats where our advantage lies. Plus they have like 100 suspensions lol

25 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Dallas: More concerned with Zeke and that Oline than Dak honestly. Not sure about their defense, but not worried either.

Zeke is under investigation for another domestic violence incident, and it's just being reported he was involved in an altercation at a bar last night.  He might wind up being a bigger headache for Jerrah than Dez is.

Green Bay worries me honestly. We should win the NFL south though. OJ Howard is a premier player at his position but like someone said above; Tampa Bay had yet to prove anything. I honestly believe Green Bay is the only team standing between us and our rematch with New England.

2 hours ago, Capitalist said:

New England AWAY is a difficult game...

But we can win every game on the schedule...   Really, we can...

Injuries are the wild card...

Exactly. Health is what I'm most concerned about, not what the other contenders are doing or not doing...