Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy Ocean

Game of Thrones Season 7 ***Official*** Discussion Thread

205 posts in this topic

I'm still catching up, looking forward to enjoying all the storylines in the same season.

Episode was a bit of a mish mash. 

Not sure the opening scene was required, when the following one would've been better place leading into the credits.

I went to a friend's house to watch and they waited till I got there to inform me they haven't  actually seen season 6 so we had to spend all night rewatching the season on fast forward,.... pause/explain...fast forward, took forever to actually get to watch 

:bang:

Just now, atl falcon 89 said:

I've went to a friend's house to watch and they waited till I got there to inform me they haven't  actually seen season 6 so we had to spend all night rewatching the season on fast forward, pause explain...fast forward, took forever to actually get to watch 

:bang:

This week's episode you could probably fast forward into next week's anyway. Didn't miss much.

Can I just say as awesome as the opening scene was, I'm not a huge fan of the faceless man ability to just straight up shapeshift into anyone you can get the face of. It was a little much for me, (in the book it always seemed to me at least on the verge of semi realistic through as combination of some all but lost face cutting technique, make up, prostestics, manipulation of certain face muscles and extremely skilled acting not just straight magic tho the supernatural was certainly involved with the cult ) 

And now it opens the plot possibility that Arya could be literally just be any other character which is a little bit if a phlebotinum . Maybe just me tho. I never interpreted the faceless men as having the ability to body snatcher people but rather using the faces to create new covers.

It certainly seems tho that the power of the many faced god is just as real and powerful as that of R'hllor.

SacFalcFan and BrockSamson like this