Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattyicefalcon

Charles Barkley - NFL PLAYERS ONLY - TOTAL ACCESS

81 posts in this topic

Hes on now - just called out Falcons Team as the "biggest choke" job ever he witnessed. Said, he bet a lot of money of Falcons and in the end just felt really for Falcons. Kept saying, as much he respects Patriots ...in his opinion that waa give away game by Falcons. 

Aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!

Cant wait for the face off in FoxBoro with Patriots!!! 

Edited by mattyicefalcon

Talk about the game that will define whether your team has a SB hangover or not! There won't be any doubt after this game one way or the other.

If the Falcons beat the Pats in dominating fashion, who knows, it might provide that perfect springboard to run the table...not to mention the perfect prelude to Pat-Falcons, The Rematch, SB LII.

I still find it odd that not only did we not run the ball when we obviously should have, but we lost the playbook before the game. I mean how many times has something like this actually happened? Especially before the Super Bowl?

Whatever. Lets just see if we can rebound.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Here's the way I see it now. There are fans of 30 teams who can't say **** about how we choked because their teams had all choked by two weeks before LI. There's one team that can't say we choked because they means they recognize that their championship wasn't won by them, but lost by us. The only fan base that can call it a choke job is ours. I don't even watch highlights of the game because I'm still chippy. But I don't care what anybody else says. You're actually taking away from Tom Terrific and the dynamic Patriots' victory when you can only see it as a Falcons loss. After the Panties' stinky performance and the Broncos' embarrassment two years before it, I'll take that.

:rolleyes: How can it be a choke job when we were still making plays late in the game? Our young defense was on the field for 3/4th of the whole game and got gassed. That's why we lost. Brady is one of the best but if you give any QB who got his team to a Superbowl that much time on the field to get rhythm against a gassed team they would have beat us also. On top of that out Offense got cold and theirs got hot.

*correction* rechecked the math... our defense was on the field roughly 2/3 of the whole game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400927752

2 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

:rolleyes: How can it be a choke job when we were still making plays late in the game? Our young defense was on the field for 3/4th of the whole game and got gassed. That's why we lost. Brady is one of the best but if you give any QB who got his team to a Superbowl that much time on the field to get rhythm against a gassed team they would have beat us also. On top of that out Offense got cold and theirs got hot.

You just described a choke job

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

You just described a choke job

a choke job would have been if we had no shot to still win. The crazy catch by Edleman sealed it; he misses that catch and we still eek out a win.

8 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

a choke job would have been if we had no shot to still win. The crazy catch by Edleman sealed it; he misses that catch and we still eek out a win.

The Falcons should NEVER have lost. They did. That's a choke.

22 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The Falcons should NEVER have lost. They did. That's a choke.

I just looked up the definition and you're right. In my mind a choke job would have been we blew the 28-3 and we have zero shot to win. But hey... the definition is the definition.

43 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Beating the Pats in the regular season proves something to the players. 

I'm not sure if it actually would prove anything to the Falcons players, other than validate what they've already been thinking ever since the loss.

That they should've beaten the Pats in SB 51.

5 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

I just looked up the definition and you're right. In my mind a choke job would have been we blew the 28-3 and we have zero shot to win. But hey... the definition is the definition.

Nah man, a choke job is when a team is great position to win, and blows it 

35 minutes ago, Joey563 said:

Nah they were scoring on that drive regardless. The Edelman catch was on 1st down. Even if that pass falls incomplete it's 2nd and 10 with 1 30 left and 2 timeouts for the Pats. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Nah they were scoring on that drive regardless. The Edelman catch was on 1st down. Even if that pass falls incomplete it's 2nd and 10 with 1 30 left and 2 timeouts for the Pats. 

im with ya, but I thought that catch was 2nd and 13? You're right... i was thinking overtime.

34 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I'm not sure if it actually would prove anything to the Falcons players, other than validate what they've already been thinking ever since the loss.

That they should've beaten the Pats in SB 51.

When you lose a game you should have won all you want is another chance to play that team. You want to prove to them you are the better team. Golden State Warriors are a great example of this 

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Joey563 said:

I completely disagree. A choke job is when you give a game away that you should have won. Our win probability was over 90% when we were up 28-3 in the 3rd. That's choking. Atl did exactly that 

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I completely disagree. A choke job is when you give a game away that you should have won. Our win probability was over 90% when we were up 28-3 in the 3rd. That's choking. Atl did exactly that 

99.6% that was our win probability after going up 28-3.