Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
agentorange90

Season ticket question

6 posts in this topic

So my wife and I are big fans.  We have been to 4 home games so far; which I think they have had 6 or 7.  We bought the 4 game pack and we talked to one of the reps about season tickets.  So I decided not to do it.  So I get another call the other day.  So we are really interested in getting supporter or maybe the "economy" season tickets for next season.  They give me a spiel on how there's NO WAY we will be able to buy season tickets for next year as they will be sold out.  She said it's going to be "next to impossible" to get single game tickets for the games when they move to Mercedes Benz stadium.  First she says all she has are  the 2000 dollar a piece premium(or whatever they are called) package.  After I say that's out of our budget, she says; "well we do have the Molly B package for 800 per person." <_<   My wife was not able to go to the June 24th game so I went down to the stadium to sell my tix.  After walking around for 1 hour asking folks for face value for the tix and finding no buyers; I ended up unloading both tickets(section 203) for 20 bucks.  I love the team and the club but the whole shell game these ticket sales people are playing just really does not seem necessary and frankly a bit shady.  I think we are just going to take our chances are buy single game tix next year. 

Single game tix have worked pretty well for me so far, I didn't like the guessing game of trying to figure out when we finally might get into Mercedes that was going on at the start of the season. 

Now personally I'd expect a crazy upswing of casual or not really into soccer hardcore falcon fans looking to tour the stadium at a value for the first couple games when they move into the new building. And this being Atlanta you always have to be ready for corperate buyers to eat up alot of seats as well.

But all that said it sounds like their trying to upsell at you for lack of a better word ("buy now, supplies are limited") Even if they want to play hardball with the single game tix secondary market is going to have plenty of decent spots from the bulk buyers. MB is also a pretty huge building for MLS standards, and if they see a way to make more money by opening up the entire stadium (like the Sounders have been known to do) they'll be on that too.

Hopefully they don't start trying to price out the middle class budget fans. Whats largely made this thing such an unexpected smash hit is your almost getting a college football type atmosphere value for abut a 1/3rd the price.

I'll be looking for one ticket to the midweek game against LA Galaxy in September. Unfortunately the lack of early morning Sunday flights to Detroit has forced me to cancel plans to get to the game against Montreal.

Let's see if they decide to open up any more areas of the stadium 

21 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Single game tix have worked pretty well for me so far, I didn't like the guessing game of trying to figure out when we finally might get into Mercedes that was going on at the start of the season. 

Now personally I'd expect a crazy upswing of casual or not really into soccer hardcore falcon fans looking to tour the stadium at a value for the first couple games when they move into the new building. And this being Atlanta you always have to be ready for corperate buyers to eat up alot of seats as well.

But all that said it sounds like their trying to upsell at you for lack of a better word ("buy now, supplies are limited") Even if they want to play hardball with the single game tix secondary market is going to have plenty of decent spots from the bulk buyers. MB is also a pretty huge building for MLS standards, and if they see a way to make more money by opening up the entire stadium (like the Sounders have been known to do) they'll be on that too.

Hopefully they don't start trying to price out the middle class budget fans. Whats largely made this thing such an unexpected smash hit is your almost getting a college football type atmosphere value for abut a 1/3rd the price.

The ticket rep emailed me back and said she had no waiting list for the supporter season tickets and continued to preach I would never be able to find single game tickets for the new stadium.  I am sure there is going to be some initial excitement around the new stadium but I think we will be find with single game tickets.  I'll check again early next year for the supporter seats but if there's none available we will get single game tickets.  I can't see MLS continuing to sellout with 20-30 home games a year.  This city is a bit fickle.

4 hours ago, agentorange90 said:

The ticket rep emailed me back and said she had no waiting list for the supporter season tickets and continued to preach I would never be able to find single game tickets for the new stadium.  I am sure there is going to be some initial excitement around the new stadium but I think we will be find with single game tickets.  I'll check again early next year for the supporter seats but if there's none available we will get single game tickets.  I can't see MLS continuing to sellout with 20-30 home games a year.  This city is a bit fickle.

Confirmed that single game tickets go on sale to founding club members on 19th July, general sale 24th. 

Extra sections open for Orlando and Toronto games.