Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

Justin Fields - get HYPED!!!

34 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Brandon Adams on AJC's dawg nation did a podcast Friday and 80% of it was on Justin Fields - worth a listen.

I know you're super excited about him. I am as well... But that podcast episode was flat out terrible, even by Dawgnation Daily standards. Somehow his guest (can't recall now, Ben Wolk maybe?) manages to talk ad nauseum for 20+ minutes and only manages to say what probably could have been said in 2-3 sentences. Auburn is a credible threat but no one has enough information to really know where he's going. Everyone feels like they have a good chance, which leaves teams optimistic. And then shared very little from Fields' trip to Auburn.

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Maybe.  When was the last time the Dawgs had a QB that really lived up to the hype?  Even Stafford and Zeier disappointed in the biggest games.

Maybe DJ?

It's not his fault he only started one year and unfortunately was injured for FL game. 

g-dawg and mike teevee like this

10 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I know you're super excited about him. I am as well... But that podcast episode was flat out terrible, even by Dawgnation Daily standards. Somehow his guest (can't recall now, Ben Wolk maybe?) manages to talk ad nauseum for 20+ minutes and only manages to say what probably could have been said in 2-3 sentences. Auburn is a credible threat but no one has enough information to really know where he's going. Everyone feels like they have a good chance, which leaves teams optimistic. And then shared very little from Fields' trip to Auburn.

Yeah, not much solid info in podcast - lots of speculation.  You are not gonna get solid info on Fields- his camp will keep it quiet.

I don't think there was much to tell about the Auburn trip. I haven't seen anything good reported about it and the reliable guys on the vent are always very straightforward about those things.

10 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Maybe DJ?

It's not his fault he only started one year and unfortunately was injured for FL game. 

we have had plenty of qbs live up to the hype or bypassed it.. aaron murray was one.. he ended up the best passer in sec history and in fact he outperformed his hype.. stafford also had a great jr season and i wish he had stayed for his senior year due to that he was an incomplete.  he showed improvement in each season and his senior year would have been fun to watch.  regarding dj he was the sec player of the year when he got his shot to start.  dj shockley is a very rare player.. someone with his talent was willing to sit and wait his turn because he loved the school, the staff, and the team he played on.  dj should be lauded for handling how he did and he had an explosive awesome year when he finally got his chance.  david greene is another qb like aaron who outperformed the expectations.  the big question for the qbs now is can jay johnson helped jacob eason improve on his mechanics, etc and take that next step as a qb.  i love fromm, but fields is on a different level with what he can do with his legs.  i hope we get fields, he is going to be something in athens.  

2 hours ago, Carter said:

I don't think there was much to tell about the Auburn trip. I haven't seen anything good reported about it and the reliable guys on the vent are always very straightforward about those things.

that was such a short trip and he took what 1 family member with him while he took 6 with him to athens.  i know keith goober from 247 (jeff lee wannabe) will always say auburn is going to get a player, blah, blah, blah.. i don't see it with auburn even with cam newton trying to get him onboard.  i just think his family and the proximity wins out for Georgia.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we have had plenty of qbs live up to the hype or bypassed it.. aaron murray was one.. he ended up the best passer in sec history and in fact he outperformed his hype.. stafford also had a great jr season and i wish he had stayed for his senior year due to that he was an incomplete.  he showed improvement in each season and his senior year would have been fun to watch.  regarding dj he was the sec player of the year when he got his shot to start.  dj shockley is a very rare player.. someone with his talent was willing to sit and wait his turn because he loved the school, the staff, and the team he played on.  dj should be lauded for handling how he did and he had an explosive awesome year when he finally got his chance.  david greene is another qb like aaron who outperformed the expectations.  the big question for the qbs now is can jay johnson helped jacob eason improve on his mechanics, etc and take that next step as a qb.  i love fromm, but fields is on a different level with what he can do with his legs.  i hope we get fields, he is going to be something in athens.  

Man, what could have been with DJ.. Had he not been injured versus Florida and had he not gotten injured in preseason while with Atlanta.. 

Edited by TheTrue7
mike teevee and SacFalcFan like this

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, not much solid info in podcast - lots of speculation.  You are not gonna get solid info on Fields- his camp will keep it quiet.

Oh, sure. I understand why there isn't solid info, I was just really reacting to the "80% about fields... worth a listen part". I would vehemently object to "worth a listen"... I actually enjoy DND for what it is... that particular episode was just terrible. I will say I'm in the "little to no news is good news" re Justin Fields right now. Recruiting analysts get paid to make semi-plausible conjectures, and on the heels of that trip to AU, we didn't see much substance. Not a lot out of Athens either, but a lot of positive momentum, some 19 commits out of the weekend and some comments from guys who while not specifically asked about Fields, seemed to indicate that they felt/believed he would be there (might have been Blaylock's interview where I saw that?).

Sac: regarding your comment on proximity, I'd say that's probably the one reason I do worry a little about Auburn. It's roughly 1.5 hours to Athens from Kennesaw... Probably ~2 hours to Auburn... not a huge edge. I tend to feel like family, talent coming in, program/coaching stability should put us in the lead, but certainly one of the things that Auburn could have in its corner as well.

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Man, what could have been with DJ.. Had he not been injured versus Florida and had he not gotten injured in preseason while with Atlanta.. 

yep.. it was such a shame he got hurt against florida.. he would have gotten more snaps and would have been a huge help.  don't get me started on his injury in atlanta.. it was his big chance and he never got a shot after that.  i remember i was working late and had that game on the big screen at my job and it was painful seeing him get hurt.