Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

Justin Fields - get HYPED!!!

34 posts in this topic

in college game at the highest level - playing nasty defenses like Bama, Ohio State, Florida, etc. - you gotta have a QB that can make things happen when the play breaks down.

Justin Fields is the "best of both worlds" - he is a student of the game, he has, as Trent Dilfer said best "quick eyes" and can diagnose plays quickly, great arm talent - and - can make plays when the pocket collapses and the play breaks down - can scramble for 5-10 yards when need be to keep the chains moving.

This is the DAWGS second chance at a DeShaun Watson type of talent - we need to get it done this time.

95Dawg likes this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Don't you jinx this 

This. Stop now... lol. I think everyone is sufficiently hyped about the possibility. Let's wait and let the young man actually make his decision (and then wait again until the ink is dry).

mike teevee likes this

Don't you jinx this 

I'm not.  He's gonna be a DAWG - have a good feeling about it.   Justin is too smart to go to FSU and the Cow College in the Plains.   Does not seem like a Saban type of guy.   The only thing that worries me about Dawgs is our OC.   He needs to have a better year this year and if we have to blow him out after two seasons then we will probably lose any QB recruit.

Yo_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

@fibonaccisquared and @Yo_Lover - you guys need to come out to Kennesaw and go see a Harrison home game - we can meet up at the game and watch.   We try and go to all the home games - they are a lot of fun.

It's definitely something I've discussed. Will have to look at some dates as the season gets closer.

Yo_Lover and g-dawg like this

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@fibonaccisquared and @Yo_Lover - you guys need to come out to Kennesaw and go see a Harrison home game - we can meet up at the game and watch.   We try and go to all the home games - they are a lot of fun.

I could probably get a Friday off and take you up on that.

g-dawg likes this

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I'm not.  He's gonna be a DAWG - have a good feeling about it.   Justin is too smart to go to FSU and the Cow College in the Plains.   Does not seem like a Saban type of guy.   The only thing that worries me about Dawgs is our OC.   He needs to have a better year this year and if we have to blow him out after two seasons then we will probably lose any QB recruit.

I'm hoping that Mia Khalifa stunt cuts them off. No way his mom is ok with that.

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'm hoping that Mia Khalifa stunt cuts them off. No way his mom is ok with that.

if she does a new "video" with Chief Osceola and screaming  "Justin your the King" we could be in trouble though.

usmcdirtybird and Yo_Lover like this

My thoughts on this... while I believe Corral is a heck of a prospect himself, I think Justin Fields is on another level along with Trevor Lawrence.

Individually, I think Fields' trajectory is higher than Corral. To draw comparisons to recent players: Fields is like a bigger, stronger, maybe faster and more accurate Deshaun Watson. Corral is like a more athletic Andy Dalton. Both very good players, but i think Fields will really elevate a college team to a higher level.

g-dawg likes this

I could probably get a Friday off and take you up on that.

bring it!  I've got two kids that go to Harrison and another that will be there in about 5 more years so it is a family affair for us - bring your family if you have one - if you are young/single,  bring your hot girlfriend and let me check her out - LOL :D

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

My thoughts on this... while I believe Corral is a heck of a prospect himself, I think Justin Fields is on another level along with Trevor Lawrence.

Individually, I think Fields' trajectory is higher than Corral. To draw comparisons to recent players: Fields is like a bigger, stronger, maybe faster and more accurate Deshaun Watson. Corral is like a more athletic Andy Dalton. Both very good players, but i think Fields really elevates a team.

Andy Dalton at TCU was great. So that's a good comparison 

4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Andy Dalton at TCU was great. So that's a good comparison 

Agree. I don't mean it to slight him at all, I think he will do big things. I just think Fields will do bigger things. :D

Just now, Carter said:

Agree. I don't mean it to slight him at all, I think he will do big things. I just think Fields will do bigger things. :D

I so too. I think Fields will win the Heisman some day

Carter likes this

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

bring it!  I've got two kids that go to Harrison and another that will be there in about 5 more years so it is a family affair for us - bring your family if you have one - if you are young/single,  bring your hot girlfriend and let me check her out - LOL :D

HAha between work and school I'm lucky to even say hi to a girl. 

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

I so too. I think Fields will win the Heisman some day

no doubt imo if he stays healthy he will be in new york no matter who he plays for.. i hope he comes to UGA.. i would love to see the qb battle between fields and fromm.. would be epic!!

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

no doubt imo if he stays healthy he will be in new york no matter who he plays for.. i hope he comes to UGA.. i would love to see the qb battle between fields and fromm.. would be epic!!

That would be crazy. Fromm is something else too. 

g-dawg and SacFalcFan like this

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

UGA seems like a good fit.

I don't see Fields at Alabama either. Tu'a and Hurts are going to be there for at least 3 more years (maybe 4 if Tu'a stays). Doesn't make sense for Fields. 

If UGA gets fields we will do something no team has done since recruiting rankings have been put out.. back to back to back 5 star qbs.. :) also i love fromm, but i could easily see fields being next in line behind eason..  

Brandon Adams on AJC's dawg nation did a podcast Friday and 80% of it was on Justin Fields - worth a listen.

This may be teetering over the edge of hyperbole, but is Justin Fields the most important recruit for UGA since Herschel?

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

This may be teetering over the edge of hyperbole, but is Justin Fields the most important recruit for UGA since Herschel?

Maybe.  When was the last time the Dawgs had a QB that really lived up to the hype?  Even Stafford and Zeier disappointed in the biggest games.

95Dawg likes this