16 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Technically its true, they as in the Falcons wont have single game tickets as they will be or already have been dumped on the secondary market. 

Just like with Superbowl 51: I was expecting some single game tickets, but the league and teams realized they could make more by scalping them on their own.  Plus, they only offered them with the "experience" package.  Man, it's getting hard to see games in person, so I'm glad I've gone to a lot over the years.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, notthatcool said:

I have been following this thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1331695 that someone posted earlier in this conversation and it seems people much smarter than me when it comes to construction are still doubting it will be ready AUG 26.  

I honestly don't give two squats where they play the stupid preseason games at. As long as the stadium is ready on September 17 for the Falcons *** kicking of the Packers!

3 hours ago, notthatcool said:

I have been following this thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1331695 that someone posted earlier in this conversation and it seems people much smarter than me when it comes to construction are still doubting it will be ready AUG 26.  

Got to get a move on with finishing the base of the roof to clear the cranes. That'll help speed up fieldturf install.

5 hours ago, notthatcool said:

Thanks for the repost the really dig seeing all the pics and seeing what is done and what is left to be done. Right now I just cant get enough info on progress  Yea they will probably be working right up until game time on some stuff, but so what its gonna be a **** beautiful stadium when completely finished. Just got to fill it up with loud and crazy Falcon fans. I know I'm getting  totally stoked,  

11 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Has anyone else gotten their second-hand tickets yet?  I got mine from the Dolphins game, but haven't gotten anything about the Packers game.  Have the season ticket holders gotten all of their tickets delivered yet?  I just want to have these in hand ASAP so I know I'll be going.

Just got my tickets for the Bills game last week

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Has anyone else gotten their second-hand tickets yet?  I got mine from the Dolphins game, but haven't gotten anything about the Packers game.  Have the season ticket holders gotten all of their tickets delivered yet?  I just want to have these in hand ASAP so I know I'll be going.

Yes I received mine electronically from ticket master from the seller for the Packers game

On 7/11/2017 at 0:08 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

I honestly don't give two squats where they play the stupid preseason games at. As long as the stadium is ready on September 17 for the Falcons *** kicking of the Packers!

I would rather have the preseason games in the dome honestly and wait until the season opener at home  for the 1st game in the benz.

Edited by Razrtalons
2 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

With a staff of around 4700, they might need a couple soft openings before a national televised prime time game. 

Great point I guess that's why they do preseason too and even call them dress rehearsal sometimes. Get the kinks out and iron some creases.

So i'm sure the stadium will be amazing and I realize it's still construction.... however, this is my take on it from what i've seen

It's an outdoor stadium with an odd shaped frame struts around it and glass/plastic tent skin.  

It doesn't seem like the outside building is part of the stadium. It seems like two separate structures. A stadium and a skinned frame.  

The halo is impressive, but the seating layout seems kinda odd and very flat.  I personally prefer closer steeper seating more of a bowl type thing.  You're feel and are closer to the field and it's an imposing presence to those on the field.  

Again, I'm sure when it's finished it will be 'all that,  but just commenting on what I see.  

I sat all over the GA dome and I can honestly say there is not a bad seat in that place.  It would be interesting to get the stats on the line of sight distance from center of 50 yrd line to the first and last row of each section and compare that to the same thing in the GA dome.  

9 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

I personally prefer closer steeper seating more of a bowl type thing.  You're feel and are closer to the field and it's an imposing presence to those on the field.  

Yeah, There is a reason the Roman Coliseum was built in this style. It was meant to be intimidating for competitors and give a feel of being close to the action.

And I was thinking the EXACT same thing with the outer skin built around the inner structure.

Now with all of this said, I am looking very forward to how things play in the new digs! With Technology improvements, I want to see how loud and comfortable this venue will be.

I know some of you could care less. But I'm curious about our championship banners or ring of honor banners. I love looking up and seeing 31 and 78 etc. The NFC championships and South banners.  I love it when my son asks me questions about Sanders or why were we West champions.  

anyone know if they are putting banners up?  

1 hour ago, RichardCNile said:

So i'm sure the stadium will be amazing and I realize it's still construction.... however, this is my take on it from what i've seen

It's an outdoor stadium with an odd shaped frame struts around it and glass/plastic tent skin.  

It doesn't seem like the outside building is part of the stadium. It seems like two separate structures. A stadium and a skinned frame.  

The halo is impressive, but the seating layout seems kinda odd and very flat.  I personally prefer closer steeper seating more of a bowl type thing.  You're feel and are closer to the field and it's an imposing presence to those on the field.  

Again, I'm sure when it's finished it will be 'all that,  but just commenting on what I see.  

I sat all over the GA dome and I can honestly say there is not a bad seat in that place.  It would be interesting to get the stats on the line of sight distance from center of 50 yrd line to the first and last row of each section and compare that to the same thing in the GA dome.  

A very loose approximation, of the Georgia Dome levels vs MBS, seems to bare out the flatter layout.

13268064_567446453415817_433554282461478

Lit up on game night is going to look cool as chit...

jWHD2FB.jpg?1

They have come a long way in stadium design in 50 years ......

04-23-2010-07-10-08-171.jpg

But then one of them cost 18 million and the other cost 1.8 billion,so there is that... the dollar today is worth almost 8 times as a 1964 dollar except when it comes to stadiums, beginning to believe the NFL aint the only racket in town. 

ps with apologizes to those who like this post without the commentary

2 hours ago, notthatcool said:

I know some of you could care less. But I'm curious about our championship banners or ring of honor banners. I love looking up and seeing 31 and 78 etc. The NFC championships and South banners.  I love it when my son asks me questions about Sanders or why were we West champions.  

anyone know if they are putting banners up?  

I have wondered the exact same thing!!!!  I want to know where Roddy's banner is going to hang????