After the Steelers, which NFL team boasts the best offensive trio in football? SI.com

3 hours ago, Lornoth said:

No way is Dallas better than either us or the Steelers. None of their top three are better than either of the other top three's. 

No but Dallas might have the most complete overall offense. They have a pretty good QB, a RB who made waves last year, a top 5 WR, a proven and productive TE who is one of the best in the game, and the best offensive line in football. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

You think Dez is top 5?

He was not very long ago. in 2015 his starting QB got injured and he himself missed half the games that year. This year he was working with anew QB in a safer offense and got significantly less targets than he's used to, while still leading the league, but he can still ball. 

8 minutes ago, boombox54 said:

He was not very long ago. in 2015 his starting QB got injured and he himself missed half the games that year. This year he was working with anew QB in a safer offense and got significantly less targets than he's used to, while still leading the league, but he can still ball. 

Yeah. I'm not a fan of his, but he's no scrub either. I just ask because when I think about WR's I think he's a top 10. I think Jones, Brown, Hill, Green, and Fitz are better.

Heck as much as I hate to admit it, I'd rank Edelman over Dez just based on the fact of that absurd catch he made in the SB. Man that was beyond irritating.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Yeah. I'm not a fan of his, but he's no scrub either. I just ask because when I think about WR's I think he's a top 10. I think Jones, Brown, Hill, Green, and Fitz are better.

Heck as much as I hate it, I'd rank Edelman over Dez just based on the fact of that absurd catch he made in the SB. Man that was beyond irritating.

I think if Dak continues to develop and they allow him more autonomy, Dez could very easily be top 5. Not as good as Jones or Brown. But he can get back in that 3-5 range. 

I don't think Edelman is better than Dez. Edelman is tougher than Dez and you can tell he had way better coaching. Dez however can do things Edelman cannot do, whereas Edelman does things that Dez could be coached to do. Edelman has great instincts though. He's perfect for the QB he plays for and what they like to do as an offense. 

8 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Heck as much as I hate it, I'd rank Edelman over Dez just based on the fact of that absurd catch he made in the SB. Man that was beyond irritating.

Fitz doesn't get near the cred he should...Most of his career he's had meh QBs throwing him the ball, but he's always at or near the top of league anyway.... even more impressive now at 33 years old....like Julio, he just grabs his lunch box and  puts in the work every single day. 

1 minute ago, boombox54 said:

I think if Dak continues to develop and they allow him more autonomy, Dez could very easily be top 5. Not as good as Jones or Brown. But he can get back in that 3-5 range. 

I don't think Edelman is better than Dez. Edelman is tougher than Dez and you can tell he had way better coaching. Dez however can do things Edelman cannot do, whereas Edelman does things that Dez could be coached to do. Edelman has great instincts though. He's perfect for the QB he plays for and what they like to do as an offense. 

Fair enough.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Fitz doesn't get near the cred he should...Most of his career he's had meh QBs throwing him the ball, but he's always at or near the top of league anyway.... even more impressive now at 33 years old. 

I hope Julio can still play at a high level like that in his 30's. People fail to realize that the Cards are a great QB away from being a serious problem for the NFC West. Remember, when they came to us last year they had the #1 defense and I'm pretty sure they had a top 5 offense.  WITH PALMER.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
On 6/24/2017 at 1:08 AM, fuego said:

The same Steelers where Big ben threw for 3 TDs in the playoffs and Matt had 9? Ben had 4 INTs and Matt none? Ben threw for an average of 245 yards a game and Matt 338? Ben had an 82.6 QBR and Matt 135.3? Those Steelers? 

You know, writers don't do their homework, they write off reputation of the players.  

Why do some of these writes blow smoke up big Ben and the Steelers? Oh yeah, 6 SBs...

7 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Didn't the steelers have a hard time scoring TDs in the playoffs last year?

Yes, They had the same problem during the regular season. There were three games in which Ben threw zero TDs Phi, Buf and Cle. Against Miami and Cincy at the end of the season 1 TD. He was very hot and cold. Maybe something was wrong or Maybe he really just want to retire. JMO.

Edited by me4falcons
4 hours ago, athell said:

Well Free has only been here for 3 years, one of which was the Smitty/Koetter era behind SJax so I won't hold that against him.

2 years ago, the trio was pretty successful but in a new system with new coaches is always hard.

Last year obviously was amazing.

You sound pretty bitter about the SB loss, which I can't blame you but the problem with the Falcons has not been with our 3 headed monster.

Yep still bitter.

I think I'm fine with it then something will remind me of it.  Like yesterday I was watching tv and a commercial from the SuperBowl came on and everything came back.

We'll see what happens next season but that may well end up being a once in a lifetime opportunity that they blew.

21 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yep still bitter.

I think I'm fine with it then something will remind me of it.  Like yesterday I was watching tv and a commercial from the SuperBowl came on and everything came back.

We'll see what happens next season but that may well end up being a once in a lifetime opportunity that they blew.

I'm the same way.  Every time I'm not thinking about it something happens to make me think about it and I get pissed off all over again.  

I hope that wasn't it man that would be so depressing lol

28 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

The title and how confidently empirical the article is at the beginning is just awesome.  It really did make me laugh.  It was also fun to see how it went from being so conclusive to throwing out a super flimsy per game Roethlesberger stat just to make it qualify as a trio.......:airquote:

Very True, quite Pathetic actually.

47 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yep still bitter.

Sh1ts tough. I feel you. Reminders freaking creep up on your as5 when you least expect it. Be positive, embrace the dang suck, and know that it's less than 80 days until the rest of the nfl and it's fans have to worry about the falcons. I honestly have never been this excited about a defense (ever really) while Matt is simultaneously behind a great offense. It's our turn, and Quinn has been to three of the last four superbowls. Matt only got better as the year went on, right as the defense got up to speed. This is how we will be playing for the forseable future. The roster has depth both sides of the ball since never, Matt is figuring it out and looks to be the next Elite (we all knew better) QB that terrorizes the league and with a fast and dare I say extremely furious defense, our team will be the one that other fans hate for their team to play. 

I'm usually very pessimistic about my teams and life in general. I prepare for the worst and hope for the best. But this team was special last year and looks only to be special-er this season. Quinn has the right culture in place. I'm am ready for whatever happens, but I expect a lot of this team and that's saying a lot. 

19 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Sh1ts tough. I feel you. Reminders freaking creep up on your as5 when you least expect it. Be positive, embrace the dang suck, and know that it's less than 80 days until the rest of the nfl and it's fans have to worry about the falcons. I honestly have never been this excited about a defense (ever really) while Matt is simultaneously behind a great offense. It's our turn, and Quinn has been to three of the last four superbowls. Matt only got better as the year went on, right as the defense got up to speed. This is how we will be playing for the forseable future. The roster has depth both sides of the ball since never, Matt is figuring it out and looks to be the next Elite (we all knew better) QB that terrorizes the league and with a fast and dare I say extremely furious defense, our team will be the one that other fans hate for their team to play. 

I'm usually very pessimistic about my teams and life in general. I prepare for the worst and hope for the best. But this team was special last year and looks only to be special-er this season. Quinn has the right culture in place. I'm am ready for whatever happens, but I expect a lot of this team and that's saying a lot. 

Great post, droopy. 

It took me awhile, but I'm over it. I was most angry with Head Coach Quinn being responsible for blowing a game we should have won ..and he was the one most responsible....but at end of day he's the one who built this team and got everyone to believe in themselves and coached us just to get there, and I had to remember also he's still a young man himself who's learning some life lessons just as the kids are learning, 

I was more excited coming into last season than ever before in my 50 years of being a falcon fan, one of the few here who kept saying Falcons were gonna surprise and make playoffs.... as I could see what Quinn was doing that things were coming together in 2017 for a true SB run, and they exceeded even my most optimistic expectations by making it one year  sooner than I expected .......so i'm back cautiously optimistic this will be our year...

4 hours ago, Vandy said:

Fitz doesn't get near the cred he should...Most of his career he's had meh QBs throwing him the ball, but he's always at or near the top of league anyway.... even more impressive now at 33 years old....like Julio, he just grabs his lunch box and  puts in the work every single day. 

Fitz is one of my favs. That man deserves a ring. He's like Barry Sanders. Amazing player that will leave without a ring.

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Fitz is one of my favs. That man deserves a ring. He's like Barry Sanders. Amazing player that will leave without a ring.

I agree, Fitz is all class....

but at least he came close with some amazing playoff and SB individual performances....poor Barry never even had half a chance...

1 minute ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

The title was a cheap attempt to instigate fanbases into a visceral tizzy. Which isn't anything new.  I'm just not sure I've seen an example that was this transparent.  

Looks like it did the trick too....

pizzes me off when I can't 'like' those extremely rare good posts you throw out there, my Rocky Mountain hippie friend. 

:)

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

There was a point where i wondered if he could be a Falcon. There were rumors that Atlanta wanted another wr to pair with Roddy and that they were poking around Arizona for Boldin or Fitz to make a deal.

Then.....One day.... All of that came to a very abrupt end when a man by the name of Julio *******  ***** Jones came to town. 

8 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

There was a point where i wondered if he could be a Falcon. There were rumors that Atlanta wanted another wr to pair with Roddy and that they were poking around Arizona for Boldin or Fitz to make a deal.

Then.....One day.... All of that came to a very abrupt end when a man by the name of Julio *******  ***** Jones came to town. 

Total pipe dream but Julio, Fitz, and Roddy in the slot. Maaaaaaaaaaaan.