Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Summer League 2018 - Utah and Las Vegas

249 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

Wins and Losses in SL are pointless for me what I'm interested in seeing after a bad start is improvement from game to game.

9 missed freethrows, hit half of those and it could be a win.

Exactly there is no reason to get upset these guys are learning. 

That was encouraging at least. I'm fine with him not setting the world on fire in summer league, but I don't want him to look horrible like he did in the 1st 3 against guys who aren't going to be on an NbA roster.

On 7/6/2018 at 8:01 PM, toadfishtom said:

I wanted JJJ or Bamba or Doncic , Trae may or may not be a ligit pro starter. Right now he looks like a scrub.

Trae will be better than all 3 of those guys in the NBA

UGABOZ and g-dawg like this

2 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

HAWKS lose again !!! 

Young was better , Hawks still lost , Young is learning , he has to muscle up , he is real weak on defense , He is still a bad pick.

I take it you've never watched NBA summer league in your life. either that or you're just a master of panic lol t's not that deep. Hella NBA superstars struggled in summer league. Steph Curry was the 4th best player on his summer league team, Derrick Rose couldn't buy a bucket, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marvin Williams played like future hall of famers lol

UGABOZ, g-dawg, JerseyNo12 and 2 others like this

8 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

I take it you've never watched NBA summer league in your life. either that or you're just a master of panic lol t's not that deep. Hella NBA superstars struggled in summer league. Steph Curry was the 4th best player on his summer league team, Derrick Rose couldn't buy a bucket, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Marvin Williams played like future hall of famers lol

:lol: I'll have whatever you're smoking 

7 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

:lol: I'll have whatever you're smoking 

that wasn't even an opinionated post. That's actual fact you would know if you watched summer league before this past week. you can also look it up yourself. You proved me right by not refuting it, and going straight to the over used smoking deflection though

Macknsweetjones likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

I wanted Doncic but to say we could have done better with our picks when none has played meaningful NBA games is pointless.

You just mean you would have picked different players at each spot since you don't know how each is gonna turn out. It's a wait and see regardless of who we woukd have taken.

Who did you want the Hawks to take at #3, #19 and #30?

JJJ at 3, Huerter is fine at 19 , Brunson at 30  , and yeah of course nobody knows exactly how these guys will turn out 1 or 2 years from now but to say Young will be another Curry is wishful thinking. We have to be patient but losing is not fun to watch,

2009 Warriors Summer League Team5b4172176402a_2009GSSL.thumb.png.3d867828473bdfd70fb8bf2ca699685c.png

I guess these guys on top should have just hung it up before the season huh? So many All Stars and MVPs at the bottom

Derrick Rose 9.5 Pts, 29.5 FG%
Nicholas Batum 6.8 Pts, 34.8 FG%
Steph Curry 17.4 Pts, 32.5 FG%
DeMarcus Cousins 14.5 Pts, 33.3FG%
Andre Drummond 7.4 Pts, 5.4 Reb
Draymond Green 6.4 Pts, 27.8 FG%
Khris Middleton 6.0 Pts, 38.7 FG%
Aaron Gordon 7.8 Pts, 35.0 FG%
Karl-Anthony Towns 12.8 Pts, 39.6 FG%
Ben Simmons 10.8 Pts, 36.0 FG%
Malcolm Brogdon 10.2 Pts, 34.4 FG%
Willie Cauley-Stein 7.3 Pts, 25.7 FG%
Lauri Markannen 14.0 Pts, 29.3 FG%

Anthony Randolph 19.0 Pts, 7.0 Reb
Jerryd Bayless 30.3 Pts, 50.0 FG%
Donte Greene 22.6 Pts, 2.8 3PM
Jonny Flynn 15 Pts, 7.4 Ast, 48.0 FG%
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 18 Pts, 8 Reb, 5 Ast, 4 Stl, 58.3 FG%
Cody Zeller 16.3 Pts, 9.3 Reb, 52.0 FG%
Jordan McRae 21. Pts, 50.0 FG%
Russ Smith 16 Pts, 5.0 Reb, 6.4 Ast
Joseph Young 22.5 Pts, 50.8 FG%

12 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

that wasn't even an opinionated post. That's actual fact you would know if you watched summer league before this past week. you can also look it up yourself. You proved me right by not refuting it, and going straight to the over used smoking deflection though

Dude nobody said summer league games are a predictor of the future but get real .You cherry pick comparisons and act like its scientific fact. I've watched the NBA for many years .And let me play the old man card .... the NBA has changed over the years but size,strength and athletic ability still matter a lot.  

10 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

Dude nobody said summer league games are a predictor of the future but get real .You cherry pick comparisons and act like its scientific fact. I've watched the NBA for many years .And let me play the old man card .... the NBA has changed over the years but size,strength and athletic ability still matter a lot.  

while the two guys considered the 2 best PG's in the league at the moment are neither big strong or overly athletic lol sure dude. Guys like Steve Nash never happened either. So many guys get drafted high off of size strength and athleticism and still suck, and judging a 19 year old kids whole NBA career off of 4 summer league games will forever be asinine

Macknsweetjones and Beef like this

Trae dropping dimes is a good sign.  Glad he is bouncing back from some sub par performances.  Collins looks ready to rock. 

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

I don't want to wait 3 years for a decent team do you ? We are stuck with him now so I wish him well but it bothers me that we  could have done so much better with picks 3,19 and 30. Water under the bridge , whats done is done nothing I can do to change it so looking forward to another bad season.:tiphat:

Tom,

no one really knows what will happen.  Doncic could be a bust, JJJ could be a bust, same with Bamba, etc.

This is a 3yr rebuild regardless of how our rookies do.

49 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

JJJ at 3, Huerter is fine at 19 , Brunson at 30  , and yeah of course nobody knows exactly how these guys will turn out 1 or 2 years from now but to say Young will be another Curry is wishful thinking. We have to be patient but losing is not fun to watch,

Losing and getting a Top 5 pick is better than being the 6th-8th seed, winning 40-45 games and getting bounced in first round.

Like my good friend Ricky Bobby once said, “If you ain’t first, your last!”

tl;dr, blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

1 hour ago, toadfishtom said:

I've never liked that comparison because all anyone thinks about are those long 3s and Trae's ability to run the offense is more than the Curry comparison.

Trae played better, game is slowing down. Also keep in mind summer league is def not organize ball, in fact pierce stated that the games in Utah he just like let the players do them so he could get film and correct them on their mistakes..Vegas SL he stated the team would be more organized. Trae gonna be a special player when he puts it all together. 

12 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

I don't want to wait 3 years for a decent team do you ? We are stuck with him now so I wish him well but it bothers me that we  could have done so much better with picks 3,19 and 30. Water under the bridge , whats done is done nothing I can do to change it so looking forward to another bad season.:tiphat:

Wut??

Dude, we’re in a 3-year rebuild whether you like it or not. 

In fact, we absolutely want top-10 lottery picks for at least the next 2 years.  You should be hoping for it. 

Once Trae Young hits 21 in 2020 then I'll start comparing his stats to Steph Curry, until then he could have easily stayed at Oklahoma for 2 more seasons just like Steph Curry did at Davidson.

14 hours ago, cwell1 said:

KD struggled in summer league as well.

I'm not worried about his shooting. That's not the only reason he was drafted. Trae has two elite skills, shooting and playmaking, and the playmaking showed up. You can already see the vision and IQ--the way he's setting up his teammates and running the pick and roll. Trae will be just fine. His shots will start falling once the nerves wear off.

cwell1 likes this

2 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Once Trae Young hits 21 in 2020 then I'll start comparing his stats to Steph Curry, until then he could have easily stayed at Oklahoma for 2 more seasons just like Steph Curry did at Davidson.

Steph curry at 21 in summer league shot 32% 21 assist and 18 turnovers... what is 2 more years in college going to do exactly ? Let’s stop acting like Steph was Steph at 21 **** Steph wasn’t Steph until Mark Jackson came along to coach the warriors and even then it didn’t come full circle till Steve Kerr showed up

cwell1 likes this

17 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Young says the extra defensive attention on him is 'respect'

Trae Young talks about how he bounces back from tough shooting performances and being the main focus of the opposing defense.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24032734

They've got no one else to guard ;)

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

They've got no one else to guard ;)

Lol I think he will fit in better with the regular season roster.  

WOR likes this