Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayu70

Summer League 2018 - Utah and Las Vegas

249 posts in this topic

I don't expect him to be giving me 25 and 10 but give me a WOW moment. The only thing I've gotten is 'Wowzer':huh:.

I don't even think they are running any kind of offense, everyone pooks lost. Is Coach Pierce even coaching? This roster that Slinky put together is straight garbage. :barf:

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

I don't expect him to be giving me 25 and 10 but give me a WOW moment. The only thing I've gotten is 'Wowzer':huh:.

I don't even think they are running any kind of offense, everyone pooks lost. Is Coach Pierce even coaching? This roster that Slinky put together is straight garbage. :barf:

Whoever is responsible for parking Trae in the corner on over half of the possessions needs to be slapped. 

Look at the bright side. 

Trae looks like he can only play well in the second half. 

Now we can keep Dennis..... Lol 

In all seriousness. It's good he's had those second halves, cause I think he's made 2 or 3 shots in ALL of the first halves. 

4 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

Oh well another tank season to look forward to.

But isn’t that what everyone wanted? 

<_<

8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

But isn’t that what everyone wanted? 

<_<

I wanted JJJ or Bamba or Doncic , Trae may or may not be a ligit pro starter. Right now he looks like a scrub.

Young wasn’t my pick but he’s going to have to learn behind Dennis.  This is going to be a process.  Embrace the suck!!!!:(

17 hours ago, EddieK said:

Everyone saying just one game, then it's just two games, then it's just the elevation in Utah.  Now, it's wait til they start up in Vegas.  Can it just be maybe he is who a lot of people thought he was...

....or maybe it’s just TWO games!

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

....or maybe it’s just TWO games!

It's been 3 games. #4 tomorrow in Vegas.

I'll be patient with him, but this is hardly what anyone wanted to see from Young.

Meanwhile one of my favorite players in the draft (Sexton) had a decent night last night. Still would have rather had him than Young, but I'll admit that some of that is me being an Alabama homer lol

Much better game by the team in general and Trae in particular.  double double in points and assists. 21 and 11. (Do not like the contested and early in the shot clock 3s)

John Collins has expanded his game, 3s from the top of the key, off the dribble play for himself and teammates - nice.

Tyler Dorsey was ball hogging. But 14 REBOUNDS ...WOW.

Why is that Lamedel guy playing????? He robbed Trae of at least 3 easy assists.

Edited by jayu70
Drew4719 and blkbigdog35 like this

HAWKS lose again !!! 

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Trae Young today:

21 points,  11 assists

calm down chicken littles!

Young was better , Hawks still lost , Young is learning , he has to muscle up , he is real weak on defense , He is still a bad pick.

Wins and Losses in SL are pointless for me what I'm interested in seeing after a bad start is improvement from game to game.

9 missed freethrows, hit half of those and it could be a win.

blkbigdog35 likes this

12 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

HAWKS lose again !!! 

Young was better , Hawks still lost , Young is learning , he has to muscle up , he is real weak on defense , He is still a bad pick.

It took Steph Curry 3yrs before his game took off - partly due to injury.

Apparently you like all of your meals microwaved.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

It took Steph Curry 3yrs before his game took off - partly due to injury.

Apparently you like all of your meals microwaved.

I don't want to wait 3 years for a decent team do you ? We are stuck with him now so I wish him well but it bothers me that we  could have done so much better with picks 3,19 and 30. Water under the bridge , whats done is done nothing I can do to change it so looking forward to another bad season.:tiphat:

35 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

I don't want to wait 3 years for a decent team do you ? We are stuck with him now so I wish him well but it bothers me that we  could have done so much better with picks 3,19 and 30. Water under the bridge , whats done is done nothing I can do to change it so looking forward to another bad season.:tiphat:

I wanted Doncic but to say we could have done better with our picks when none has played meaningful NBA games is pointless.

You just mean you would have picked different players at each spot since you don't know how each is gonna turn out. It's a wait and see regardless of who we woukd have taken.

Who did you want the Hawks to take at #3, #19 and #30?

Edited by jayu70
blkbigdog35 likes this

I'll admit, he finally showed some flashes in today's game.  Especially that dime to Cleveland late in the 4th.  But man, does he take some awful shots.  Pull up 30-footers is not conducive to a winning formula and he takes a lot of them.