Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jayu70

Summer League 2018 - Utah and Las Vegas

249 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, WOR said:

Trae has had 4 or 5 shots blocked 

Dude looks like a bust not the second coming of Step Curry .Summer ball is sell out city.

2 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

Dude looks like a bust not the second coming of Step Curry .Summer ball is sell out city.

He was always going to be a bit of a project. That's why he was the highest ceiling/lowest floor guy. 

It's gonna take a little while. But hawks fans might wanna start preparing for an up and down season or two lol. 

toadfishtom likes this

1 minute ago, WOR said:

He was always going to be a bit of a project. That's why he was the highest ceiling/lowest floor guy. 

It's gonna take a little while. But hawks fans might wanna start preparing for an up and down season or two lol. 

We could have picked a quality big man,JJJ or Bamba and got Brunson later, but no we fell in love with Young who is at best 2 years away . New coach I wish you luck, with your weak boy point guard.

m2Falcons likes this

3 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

We could have picked a quality big man,JJJ or Bamba and got Brunson later, but no we fell in love with Young who is at best 2 years away . New coach I wish you luck, with your weak boy point guard.

The Hawks rebuild was expected to be 2 or 3 years. So even if Trae is 2 years away, that is fine.

Expect the Hawks to suck once again this season for another top lottery pick.

6 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Hawks rebuild was expected to be 2 or 3 years. So even if Trae is 2 years away, that is fine.

Expect the Hawks to suck once again this season for another top lottery pick.

I just hope Trae Young's ego is not crushed beyond repair by all the failure . He seems like a good person though. 

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

14 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

It's his second summer league game lol. Be patient with him

The Great American likes this

4 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

It's his second summer league game lol. Be patient with him

It's going to take lots of patience LOTS of patience I know this. How will the fans react if this continues during regular season ?

22 minutes ago, toadfishtom said:

It's going to take lots of patience LOTS of patience I know this. How will the fans react if this continues during regular season ?

Lots of fans will probably lose their minds, but rookies generally don't turn teams at the bottom of the league into contenders in 1 year. Fans as a whole want immediate results which isn't always realistic

blkbigdog35 and jayu70 like this

This is going to be a slow fun process of watching these young men develop.  We have to be patient.  I will still continue to watch all there games and support them.

g-dawg likes this

57 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Lots of fans will probably lose their minds, but rookies generally don't turn teams at the bottom of the league into contenders in 1 year. Fans as a whole want immediate results which isn't always realistic

Yep, which is why the Lakers are blowing up their youth rebuilding process inorder to get quick results with a Lebron superteam.

It is a risky move now because Lebron will be 34 and on the back half of his prime with a body that has more miles on it than any other NBA player in history at this point in his career.

If the Lakers fail to win it all in the next 3 years, this could be known as one of the biggest flops in NBA history. Especially if the young players they may give up like Ingram goes on to become great players.

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yep, which is why the Lakers are blowing up their youth rebuilding process inorder to get quick results with a Lebron superteam.

It is a risky move now because Lebron will be 34 and on the back half of his prime with a body that has more miles on it than any other NBA player in history at this point in his career.

If the Lakers fail to win it all in the next 3 years, this could be known as one of the biggest flops in NBA history. Especially if the young players they may give up like Ingram goes on to become great players.

I personally hope the LA LeBronakers are a hot mess and they all get what they deserve.

2 hours ago, WOR said:

Woof.

I mean, they're nothing games that deserve virtually no attention, but...

Jebus. He's redefined sucking.

Everyone saying just one game, then it's just two games, then it's just the elevation in Utah.  Now, it's wait til they start up in Vegas.  Can it just be maybe he is who a lot of people thought he was...

tactician likes this

I get it's only 3 games and it's a process, but he has been terrible so far.

It's not like he is going against much NBA talent. He is playing against other rookies and guys that aren't very good.

Hopefully it works out. Maybe he just needs one good shooting game to get his confidence and get going, but his weaknesses are glaring right now.

I see a guy that is neither explosive enough nor strong enough to get by NBA defenders. Scoring is not going to come easy for Trae. I'm calling it now, the draft night trade was a huge mistake.

toadfishtom likes this

1 hour ago, tactician said:

I see a guy that is neither explosive enough nor strong enough to get by NBA defenders. Scoring is not going to come easy for Trae. I'm calling it now, the draft night trade was a huge mistake.

BOOM