Something to read Falcon related

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/6/23/15862360/falcons-trivia-best-and-worst-records-against-nfl-teams

Falcons trivia: What teams the Falcons been most and least successful against?

The photo is a red herring.

by Dave Choate  Jun 23, 2017, 3:00pm EDT

632421734.0.jpgPhoto by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images

The Atlanta Falcons, like any other NFL team, has squads they fare very well against and teams that seem to beat the crap out of them every time they meet. But one team will always be the biggest victim of the team’s strong play, while another team has their number more than any other.

So who have the Falcons fared best and worst against all-time?

The team the Falcons have fared the best against is in the AFC and has only played Atlanta a total of ten times, but the Falcons boast an .800 winning percentage against them. The second best win percentage is .636, and the third best is .614, against the hated Carolina Panthers. Ah, that’s fun to type.

The team the Falcons have fared the worst again is also in the AFC, and the Falcons have gone a putrid 2-14 against them all-time, narrowly edging out the Steelers, who the Falcons have managed to go 2-13-1 against all-time.

Give us your best guesses for both.

I'm going to say the best winning percentage is against the Chargers.

As for worst, I'm not 100% sure but I think it might New England which would suck....

EDIT: Actually I think the worst all time record is against the Colts. We NEVER beat them

Edited by JD dirtybird21

26 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

AFC I'm going to guess Kansas City, or the Texans, since Detroit destroyed us in the early years. I can't think of a team we have only played 10 times. I'm not going to google it, bc that kills the fun.

And Detroit is NFC.

For worst I first put Philly, but again, they are NFC, so using your hints and my 40 some-odd years of following the Birds, I guessed KC.

I don't remember the Falcons ever beating them. And we don't play them often.

Edited by Tim Mazetti

As tough as it might seem, we have really sucked pretty bad against the Browns.... The (now Ravens) orignal team, we went 2-8 against. And that 'putrid' post Ravens current franchise we've gone a paltry 1-3 against.  14 games and they've won 11 freakin' times. 

Edited by falconfansince66

4 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

And Detroit is NFC.

For worst I first put Philly, but again, they are NFC, so using your hints and my 40 some-odd years of following the Birds, I guessed KC.

I don't remember the Falcons ever beating them. And we don't play them often.

Ha. Jeez dude, I can't believe I had the thought that they were in AFC. I confuse sometimes Cleveland with Detroit, because they haven't been a threat to their respective conferences in a long time. I can see KC, and we lost this year, to a horrible play call, ugh. I remember we beat them in 2012 I think, I remember Matt Cassell was so pissed at the lack of execution that he threw a screen pass into Abes feet on purpose. I believe we dropped a 40 burger on them that game, and KC is what I was thinking at first. I don't have any hints that anyone should pay attention to. I can't remember much except about a 5 year window at any point.

6 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm going to say the best winning percentage is against the Chargers.

As for worst, I'm not 100% sure but I think it might New England which would suck....

EDIT: Actually I think the worst all time record is against the Colts. We NEVER beat them

didn't we beat them in JJ11s rookie year when he made that falling TD catch in triple coverage?

6 minutes ago, BleedBlack&Red said:

didn't we beat them in JJ11s rookie year when he made that falling TD catch in triple coverage?

Yes, but I can't think of any other occasion. The only games I can think of are games we've lost. Like 2015, against Matt Hasselbeck. Manning also beat us in both 2003 and 2007 as well.

Since the division alignment in 2002, we are 1-3 against Indy

6 hours ago, Macintez said:

Kansas City during those Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson years would tear us up something major tho.

That was once...the week of the infamous Rod Coleman car accident. Still no details but the team was clearly in a daze that week.