Unkn0wn

Trade Rumors

913 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Can't even get a good prospect in return? This trade blows.

1. The Angels don't really have good prospects.

2. It's for one month of Brandon Phillips. If there was a better offer, the Braves would have taken it.

Justin Verlander (and $10 million) traded to the Astros for prospects RHP Franklin Perez, OF Daz Cameron, and C Jake Rogers. 

Good deal for both sides, very nice prospect haul for Detroit.

10 hours ago, K26dp said:

Justin Verlander (and $10 million) traded to the Astros for prospects RHP Franklin Perez, OF Daz Cameron, and C Jake Rogers. 

I'm surprised that they could only get $10m with the inclusion of Cameron.

I would want to see Houston or Cleveland win the world Series.  If Cleveland went then I would love to see a rematch and Cleveland win in front of their fans.  If Houston wins then I would love them to see Colorado.  Both have not won a World Series.   

In return for accepting the trade Verlander gets a full no trade from Houston and his 2019 option picked up. It was a vesting option for a top 5 Cy finish.

12 hours ago, K26dp said:

2 hours ago, ATLBrave said:

I'm surprised that they could only get $10m with the inclusion of Cameron.

The actual cash part of the deal was $8 million to Houston in 2018 and another $8 million in 2019.

There was some drama involving Micah Johnson this morning. Somebody (I think MLBTR) had a source who indicated that the Braves were designating him for assignment. Somebody else retweeted it, and Johnson replied (!), indicating that he learned of his firing on Twitter. It turned out that the Braves had written an announcement about firing Johnson. Then, the Braves had to come out and announce that they hadn't DFA'd him, just that they'd thought about it. So, he's still employed but...

15 minutes ago, jidady said:

There was some drama involving Micah Johnson this morning. Somebody (I think MLBTR) had a source who indicated that the Braves were designating him for assignment. Somebody else retweeted it, and Johnson replied (!), indicating that he learned of his firing on Twitter. It turned out that the Braves had written an announcement about firing Johnson. Then, the Braves had to come out and announce that they hadn't DFA'd him, just that they'd thought about it. So, he's still employed but...

Had to have been that secretary again.....

jidady likes this

1 hour ago, jidady said:

Yeah, that's a bad look. Again.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:29 PM, WhenFalconsWin said:

In over two seasons.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the top tier teams doesn't pick him up off the waiver wire.

On 8/3/2017 at 6:38 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

No team is gonna risk having Verlander's entire $28M a year contract completely unloaded on them. Especially given that Verlander is having the worst season of his career.

Looks like I was right about a top tier team picking up Verlander.

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Looks like I was right about a top tier team picking up Verlander.

Verlander was traded to the Astros after he cleared waivers just like I said he would. He was not claimed off waiver like you were saying a team would do. I was still right, no team claimed him because they didn't want his entire salary dumped on him.

His full no-trade rights loomed as a barrier, while the $56MM left on his contract after this season (for the 2018 and 2019 campaigns) seemed steep. Indeed, he cleared revocable waivers, with no clubs putting in a claim to take over his entire deal.

Link