datchrisb1

Just having fun 2017 redraft

11 posts in this topic

Not trying to say I have any issues with our current draft class. This is just a representation of what I would have done at each pick.

1. Malik McDowell DE (Michigan St)- I think those character and effort issues go away with Quin and BY coaching him

2. Fabian Moreau CB/S (UCLA)- Similar to Kazee but a better athlete

3. Jonnu Smith TE (FIU)- Pass catching tight end who can also stretch the field

4. Sean Harlow OG (Oregon St)- wouldn't change this pick

5. Jordan Evans LB (Oklahoma)- pass coverage linebacker with decent instincts and also the speed we covet

7. Jarron Jones DT (Notre Dame)- freak of nature athlete with great power and character concerns.

I keep saying this:  these aren't realistic scenarios because your pick affects all the other picks behind it and so you don't know if the next guy you pick would be there.

In hindsight I would have gone:

1. Budda Baker, DB, Washington

2. Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

3. Dorian Johnson, OG, Pittsburgh

4. George Kittle, TE, Iowa

5. Jordan Evans, LB, Oklahoma

7. Cameron Tom, OL, Southern Miss

Vandy and maorifalcon like this

4 minutes ago, gtech1 said:

I keep saying this:  these aren't realistic scenarios because your pick affects all the other picks behind it and so you don't know if the next guy you pick would be there.

What mock is real? Hence the term mock. You never know who's picking what dude, you don't even know if the guy that you did pick would be there, i.e. our first round pick, we traded up to get Takk, h#ll, its a good chance McDowell could not be there because of us not trading up. Honestly, now that I think about it, why did I respond to this.

gtech1 likes this

On 6/7/2017 at 4:22 PM, hjerry said:

Like, seriously. I understand the redraft exercises a few years after the draft when certain players do and don't pan out, but before any of them take the field? Absolutely pointless.

On 6/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Smiler11 said:

In hindsight I would have gone:

1. Budda Baker, DB, Washington

2. Derek Rivers, DE, Youngstown State

3. Dorian Johnson, OG, Pittsburgh

4. George Kittle, TE, Iowa

5. Jordan Evans, LB, Oklahoma

7. Cameron Tom, OL, Southern Miss

this draft looks good on paper and I would have been in favor of it - but the thing is we were initially led to believe the Falcons were interested in Derek Rivers - and apparently it wasn't so.

Do you remember in at least 1-2 interviews Thomas Dimitroff making a big deal about Takk McKinley's long arms? 34 3/4"....Well Rivers had 32 3/4" arms - I don't think arm length is the end all/be all - but it is significant that the Atlanta Falcons GM made a big deal about Takk's long arms and D-Rivers were considerably shorter even though D-Riv is two inches taller.

Personally Smiler, I like your draft picks - but given Falcons results the last two years w/ DQuinn at helm, hard to argue the results.

On 6/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, EuroFalcon said:

Duke Riley alone is going to make this an A+ draft class when all said is done.

yeah, would not shock me if he even had a better career than Takk.

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

this draft looks good on paper and I would have been in favor of it - but the thing is we were initially led to believe the Falcons were interested in Derek Rivers - and apparently it wasn't so.

Do you remember in at least 1-2 interviews Thomas Dimitroff making a big deal about Takk McKinley's long arms? 34 3/4"....Well Rivers had 32 3/4" arms - I don't think arm length is the end all/be all - but it is significant that the Atlanta Falcons GM made a big deal about Takk's long arms and D-Rivers were considerably shorter even though D-Riv is two inches taller.

Personally Smiler, I like your draft picks - but given Falcons results the last two years w/ DQuinn at helm, hard to argue the results.

Absolutely, can't argue with what we've been doing the last few years and I hope this class smashes it out the park... This is mainly for my benefit :-)