Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UGABOZ

Finals Thread

43 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Biggest issue with Cleveland is their salary cap. They are going to have to try and move someone if they want to do anything

GS has the same issue because they have to pay Curry and remember KD has an opt out so that is alot of money. They also have AI looking for a new contract as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-warriors-ian-clark-likely-to-get-offers-too-high-for-club-to-match/

16 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

GS has the same issue because they have to pay Curry and remember KD has an opt out so that is alot of money. They also have AI looking for a new contract as well.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-warriors-ian-clark-likely-to-get-offers-too-high-for-club-to-match/

GS definitely can't keep their current roster in tact. Curry, Klay, Dray, and KD are all max players. Even though they have the bird rights of the former three, even just keeping that core in tact is not all that likely. Iggy is about to be a free agent. Klay will be a free agent after two seasons. They did well constructing that team in its current iteration, but even with the salary cap increasing, it's gonna be tough from here on out. We'll see if they can sustain their level of excellence like the Spurs did for over a decade.

7 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

GS definitely can't keep their current roster in tact. Curry, Klay, Dray, and KD are all max players. Even though they have the bird rights of the former three, even just keeping that core in tact is not all that likely. Iggy is about to be a free agent. Klay will be a free agent after two seasons. They did well constructing that team in its current iteration, but even with the salary cap increasing, it's gonna be tough from here on out. We'll see if they can sustain their level of excellence like the Spurs did for over a decade.

The way salaries are constructed now with the option out clause I doubt we ever see anything like the spurs again.

On 6/6/2017 at 5:34 PM, blkbigdog35 said:

I think the biggest thing is that the Warriors will be able to keep KD, Steph, Draymond, and Klay together for another 2/3 years. I think Klay bails in 2 years when his contract is up though

10 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

It's becoming so nakedly obvious that these games and series are tilted to increase viewership I don't know why I bother with it anymore.  

Simple it's entertainment that's it. I've always said that, and been blasted by people that I'm too far in left field with saying things like that. It's painfully obvious more so than the other leagues(MLB, NFL, and others) that NBA has been titled for a long time, and more so in the recent seasons than the infamous 2002 Lakers-Kings game.

On 06/09/2017 at 10:02 PM, Ghosts of Glanville said:

It's becoming so nakedly obvious that these games and series are tilted to increase viewership I don't know why I bother with it anymore.  

It really did seem like the refs were trying their hardest to put their imprint on the series. Fortunately for the Warriors, it doesn't take much for KD to get hot and into shooting rhythm, otherwise this series goes to seven games. Instead they get to tie an NBA record. Anyway, it became painfully obvious that even though GS won 73 games the prior season, they aren't good enough to beat the Cavs consistently in a Finals series without KD. I can't say with any confidence that the Warriors win that series without KD, much less in five games. Curry quite frankly disappeared again for significant stretches because Kyrie went Uncle Drew on him and so did Klay. KD bailed them out with two clutch back to back threes that opened up the game for GS, and then down the stretch KD kept bailing them out. That being said, KD needed GS to win a championship as much as GS needed KD.

You'll see one of them, I'm sure.

Also glad it's over, and I'm letting the hype down..all these 40 yr old GS fans who don't know Baron Davis and Richardson are happy..lol

7 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well I'm glad it's over. KD basically won the series. Let's hope we don't have to see these two teams again in the finals.

Hopefully, but what teams have a chance to knock either of them out? Spurs? Who in the East can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series?

4 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Hopefully, but what teams have a chance to knock either of them out? Spurs? Who in the East can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series?

That's what sucks about the NBA right now there is no abundance of numerous good teams.  It's like GS and CLE (first line) then the Spurs (second line) then everybody else.