Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atl falcon 89

Atlanta United June Thread

37 posts in this topic

Martinez practicing all week. Fingers crossed :D

Hey check this out..

Atlanta United up to third in the Vegas books to win the whole thing. We ain't even over the playoff line yet, but the explosiveness of this team is already pretty apparent when it clicks.

Screenshot_2017-06-01-20-58-07.png

17 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

No Josef Martinez yet :(

No need to rush him in. This is looking like it's gonna be a cakewalk.

Unless I'm misremembering (the first NYFC game?) We've drawn first blood in every game this year except the scoreless Seattle road draw.

20 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

No need to rush him in. This is looking like it's gonna be a cakewalk.

Don't count your chickens yet, this country has been effing brutal for us so far, two very winnable games destroyed by joke red cards.

15 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Unless I'm misremembering (the first NYFC game?) We've drawn first blood in every game this year except the scoreless Seattle road draw.

Yeah I think so too. We generally start fast but then cool off. Making too many sloppy mistakes as the game wears on.

Also I know how weird this sounds considering we dominate possession  most games and nobody scores more goals but....Id like to see us use our possession to create more goals 

JerseyNo12 likes this

Just now, atl falcon 89 said:

Also I know how weird this sounds considering we dominate possession  most games and nobody scores more goals but....Id like to see us our possession to create more goals 

Nope, I see exactly what you mean. It's the same frustration I have with Arsenal. Passing needs to be sharper and players need to anticipate each others movement in the final third.

atl falcon 89 likes this

Poor keeper, poor defending.

Just when you think this team can string a good run of wins together...

2 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Nope, I see exactly what you mean. It's the same frustration I have with Arsenal. Passing needs to be sharper and players need to anticipate each others movement in the final third.

Yep Ozil can hold the ball all day like Assad can but still too inconsistent with defense and midfield :lol:

JerseyNo12 likes this

We got another goal in us I think, I'm expecting nearly 70% possession this half, hopefully we can put home a chance before we get hit with a counter attack

Not sure what the international circuit coming up looks like but waiting to play Josef and Miggy in the 2nd half against a red hot team like Chicago seems like a tactical mistake by Martino.

That back line is still pants sh*ttingly terrible 

Well another game where we dominate control of the ball, but just have too many terrible moments to actually deserve anything. I'm not sure if that back line is getting worse or teams are just learning how to attack it. 

It just looks too easy, they lob it down field for easy 2 or 3 on 1s. Where the fuq are these guys?

It's looking like they will need to hit the ground running at the new stadium. Six home games in a row towards the end will be huge.

Us Open cup is tomorrow night at Kennesaw. I was going to go but ****ed if I can figure out how their parking or tickets work. :shrug: