• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, isproab said:

Carolina's problem.  I've never been a fan.  He was a 4.6 WR.  I don't like slow guys.  He is listed at 245.  Good look trying to play WR at 245, but he looks much bigger now.  Funchess was a threat at Michigan as a TE.  Somewhere along the line he thought he was a WR.  Let Carolina keep doing what they are doing.

Kelvin purposely ran slow at the combine to fall to Carolina. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panther-wr-kelvin-benjamin-says-he-purposely-ran-slow-40-at-combine/

The Panthers rookie wide receiver told ESPN.com on Tuesday that he purposely ran a slow 40 time at the NFL Combine in February "Because I wanted to play for the Carolina Panthers."

If Benjamin had run a 4.41 -- a time he says he can run -- he might have been picked higher and therefore would be making more money.

4 hours ago, East_Coast_Falcon said:

Kelvin so fat his belt is the equator. Kelvin so fat he sweats peanut butter. 

Kelvin so fat, he should have his own moon.

Kelvin so fat, he could make love to two women and neither would know the other was in the bed.

Kelvin so fat, he stopped going to the beach because every time he got out of the water, somebody from Greenpeace would push him back in thinking he beached himself.

Kelvin so fat, he went to the restaurant. "Welcome to Burger King, where you can have it your way," said the cashier. "What would you like on your Whopper?"

"A bucket of chicken," said Kelvin.

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panther-wr-kelvin-benjamin-says-he-purposely-ran-slow-40-at-combine/

"Excuses are tools of the incompetent, and those who specialize in them seldom go far."

Goes to show that his motivation is not to be the best but to be where he's is comfortable.... just saying

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

through and through.

To imagine sticking up for a guy that supposedly ran slow on purpose,then comes to camp looking like Re-run, I don't even know what to say about Sam Mills... Why can't he just say there is no room on the Panthers for that kind of non-commitment/dedication.?  Weird.

23 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

To be fair, I don't think an offseason's gone by where he wasn't large in bulk. 

What matters is his on the field performance. And he was dominant from all accounts and much more refined in route running.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-OTA-Observations-Day-3/891e9931-1b26-468d-a2c7-4585a3e8bdb4

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/05/25/enough-with-the-kelvin-benjamin-talk/

It looks like he's been bullying the cornerbacks and taking their lunch money........

And ice cream money...and mid afternoon snack money....

1 hour ago, SamMills51 said:

You realize that was a joke right?

"Kelvin Benjamin slipped to No. 28 overall in the 2014 NFL Draft after running a sluggish 4.61 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

To hear the Panthers rookie tell it, the slow time was no accident.

0ap3000000414390.jpg

"Because I wanted to play for the Carolina Panthers," Benjamin said this week, via ESPN.com's David Newton.

Benjamin added that he had been clocked as high as a 4.41, which would have ranked fifth among 2014 wide-receiver prospects.

The sentiment is sure to put a smile on the faces of Panthers fans, but it strains credulity that a prospect would tank a combine drill and risk losing millions of dollars.

Pro Football Talk reports, via a Panthers source, Benjamin was merely joking about sandbagging the 40.

"Wasn't even close to being serious," the source added. "Didn't know he was being interviewed for a story."

Whether or not speed questions artificially deflated Benjamin's draft stock, Cam Newton calls it a "blessing in disguise" that the Mid-season All-Rookie selection fell in Carolina's lap.

"His role on this team has far surpassed any type of rookie's expectation," Newton said.

Deemed by NFL Media's Michael Irvin as "the steal of the draft," Benjamin is neck-and-neck with Sammy Watkins as the best of a historically great wide-receiver class."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000419639/article/kelvin-benjamin-slow-40-helped-me-fall-to-panthers

So, two questions are you Saca312 on the panthers messageboard?

How do you explain the discrepancy between 65 catchable balls and 118 total targets?

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

That is an absolutely disgusting route......if this guy is 'dominating' Panthers CBs, Julio is going to re-break that record breaking game last year.,....

So Carolina already got a QB who is notrious for holding onto the ball too long and now they have a guy seemingly causing him to hold onto the ball longer while he poop-plops downfield...I see nothing wrong with this from my vantage point :)

4 minutes ago, falconidae said:

You realize that was a joke right?

"Kelvin Benjamin slipped to No. 28 overall in the 2014 NFL Draft after running a sluggish 4.61 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine.

To hear the Panthers rookie tell it, the slow time was no accident.

0ap3000000414390.jpg

"Because I wanted to play for the Carolina Panthers," Benjamin said this week, via ESPN.com's David Newton.

Benjamin added that he had been clocked as high as a 4.41, which would have ranked fifth among 2014 wide-receiver prospects.

The sentiment is sure to put a smile on the faces of Panthers fans, but it strains credulity that a prospect would tank a combine drill and risk losing millions of dollars.

Pro Football Talk reports, via a Panthers source, Benjamin was merely joking about sandbagging the 40.

"Wasn't even close to being serious," the source added. "Didn't know he was being interviewed for a story."

Whether or not speed questions artificially deflated Benjamin's draft stock, Cam Newton calls it a "blessing in disguise" that the Mid-season All-Rookie selection fell in Carolina's lap.

"His role on this team has far surpassed any type of rookie's expectation," Newton said.

Deemed by NFL Media's Michael Irvin as "the steal of the draft," Benjamin is neck-and-neck with Sammy Watkins as the best of a historically great wide-receiver class."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000419639/article/kelvin-benjamin-slow-40-helped-me-fall-to-panthers

So, two questions are you Saca312 on the panthers messageboard?

How do you explain the discrepancy between 65 catchable balls and 118 total targets?

Actually I didn't realize it was a joke...:ninja:  Oops LOL

5 hours ago, falconidae said:

I'm still waiting for him to explain why PFF has him catching 63 out of 65 catchable balls and ESPN has him getting 118 targets. 65 catchable balls out of 118 thrown to him is just horrible.

118 targets is different than actual catchable passes. Do you not get that?