McKinley Get To The Quaterback

Falcons' Takkarist McKinley has soft spot for 'SpongeBob'

May 22, 2017
  • mcclure_vaughn_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=c
    Vaughn McClureESPN Staff Writer

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons first-round draft pick Takkarist McKinley has an intimidating side that strikes fear in opponents. The defensive end from UCLA also watches "SpongeBob SquarePants" religiously.

McKinley had no problem admitting his affection for the Nickelodeon cartoon series.

"That's all we watch, me and my little dog," McKinley said, referring to himself and his French bulldog, Codeine. "It's a funny show. SpongeBob is very positive. We usually watch it around 5 p.m. (PT). Most of the time it's just reruns."

McKinley even has a favorite episode where SpongeBob delivers a pizza.

"Krusty Krab Pizza, when SpongeBob wanted to deliver the pizza but just couldn't deliver it because they got lost and a whole bunch of stuff happened," McKinley said with a laugh.

McKinley was asked if he teammates ever laughed at him about liking SpongeBob.

"I'm pretty sure my teammates knew I liked cartoons," McKinley said. "Why not? What's wrong with cartoons? I don't think there's nothing wrong with cartoons. I really don't."

Falcons coach Dan Quinn, who does not watch the show, was asked for his thoughts on McKinley's choice in entertainment.

"Am I surprised? No," Quinn said. "All the guys, they all have unique stuff in their backgrounds."

19 minutes ago, falcon057 said:

May 22, 2017

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons first-round draft pick Takkarist McKinley has an intimidating side that strikes fear in opponents. The defensive end from UCLA also watches "SpongeBob SquarePants" religiously.

McKinley had no problem admitting his affection for the Nickelodeon cartoon series.

"That's all we watch, me and my little dog," McKinley said, referring to himself and his French bulldog, Codeine. "It's a funny show. SpongeBob is very positive. We usually watch it around 5 p.m. (PT). Most of the time it's just reruns."

"Krusty Krab Pizza, when SpongeBob wanted to deliver the pizza but just couldn't deliver it because they got lost and a whole bunch of stuff happened," McKinley said with a laugh.

"I'm pretty sure my teammates knew I liked cartoons," McKinley said. "Why not? What's wrong with cartoons? I don't think there's nothing wrong with cartoons. I really don't."

Falcons coach Dan Quinn, who does not watch the show, was asked for his thoughts on McKinley's choice in entertainment.

"Am I surprised? No," Quinn said. "All the guys, they all have unique stuff in their backgrounds."

"Hey kids, are you ready?" 

"Aye, Aye Captain"

"I can't hear you!"

AYE, AYE CAPTAIN!"

"OOOOOOOO, Who came to Atlanta to smack the Qb?"

"Takk Mckinley!"

"Who's big and Who's hungry, and mean as can be?"

"Takk Mckinley"

" If trashing QB's is something  you wish"

"Takk McKinley"

"Then watch Cam, Brees, and Winston, scream and b****!"

"Takk McKinley"

Sorry couldn't resist:D Hope you ballout Takk!

18 minutes ago, falcon057 said:

May 22, 2017

So Takk watches Spongebob with his dog named Codeine. LOL...,Definitely causes one to stop and pause for a moment, does it not?