James Bond 007

Seth Rich Murder investigation

766 posts in this topic

I'm starting to believe that this is the latest birther nonsense...something that at the time people thought sounded plausible but in hindsight looks so bat**** crazy and stupid that we wonder why anyone would buy into it.

http://www.snopes.com/seth-rich-dnc-wikileaks-murder/

I really wish people would get out of their bubbles and stop listening to morons, idiots, and liars (ahem, Gateway Pundit) who feed them this nonsense.  

Oh, and that includes Sean Hannity on Fox News.

17 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Well, that's not really fair. I was never a "birther." I'm not someone who gets wrapped up in conspiracy theories...in fact, this is the only one I've ever looked into that I can remember.

I haven't made any statements not based in fact on here about Seth Rich. And those facts came from places like copies if police reports and facts about the murder documented in local media at the time...not gateway pundit.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Rich was the person who leaked the emails or was at least involved. In fact, other than the statement by the DNC and FBI (and the DNC never let the FBI examine their server), there's probably far more evidence to suggest he was the leaker than provable evidence that Russia hacked those specific emails. This includes a former UK ambassador who says he was involved in picking up a thumb drive.

People can choose to believe it or not, but the constant shaming on here of anyone willing to discuss the facts, characterizing them as evil, or comparing them to birthers is absurd to me. 

The conspiracy theories you posted throughout the email controversy beg to differ.

2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Oh please...i posted links to actual emails, and said something about Scalia to yank some chains.

I've never been invested or thoroughly discussed ANY conspiracy theory.

You have made many posts by that Claude guy...he just posted an "update" with Louise the other day that the Supreme Court had notified Trump that impeachment proceedings were beginning. :rolleyes:

You gotta admit though that conservatives have been on a conspiracy theory binge lately with pizzagate, that blood cooking thing, obama's birth certificate, etc.

falconsd56 and mdrake34 like this

5 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Oh please...i posted links to actual emails, and said something about Scalia to yank some chains.

I've never been invested or thoroughly discussed ANY conspiracy theory.

You have made many posts by that Claude guy...he just posted an "update" with Louise the other day that the Supreme Court had notified Trump that impeachment proceedings were beginning. :rolleyes:

IIRC, I posted two tweets of his about grand juries after Comey said he was working with two judicial districts (turned out to be true) and another when the FBI and Marshals raided a GOP fundraiser. I have said many times to take what he says with a grain of salt until a credible outside source corroborates what he's saying. It's not like I'm just posting that the Clinton campaign assassinated Scalia and Rich and then say I'm just joking or to wait for more info when called out. :shrug:

5 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

You gotta admit though that conservatives have been on a conspiracy theory binge lately with pizzagate, that blood cooking thing, obama's birth certificate, etc.

Yea, but all that pales in comparison to that grand daddy of all conspiracy the left loves, Man made Global Warming. I got to say, Russia is beginning to rival that and when the news comes down that the media and left were lying the whole time about it, the bernie sanders anger is going to seem like a kids birthday party. How does the left lie to the people so often and not get thrown from the rooftops?

34 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Well, that's not really fair. I was never a "birther." I'm not someone who gets wrapped up in conspiracy theories...in fact, this is the only one I've ever looked into that I can remember.

I haven't made any statements not based in fact on here about Seth Rich. And those facts came from places like copies if police reports and facts about the murder documented in local media at the time...not gateway pundit.

There is plenty of evidence to suggest that Rich was the person who leaked the emails or was at least involved. In fact, other than the statement by the DNC and FBI (and the DNC never let the FBI examine their server), there's probably far more evidence to suggest he was the leaker than provable evidence that Russia hacked those specific emails. This includes a former UK ambassador who says he was involved in picking up a thumb drive.

People can choose to believe it or not, but the constant shaming on here of anyone willing to discuss the facts, characterizing them as evil, or comparing them to birthers is absurd to me. 

I'm talking more about the "Podesta/Clinton killed him because he was the source" or the alternative "Russians killed him because he was the source" type of conspiracy stuff from the OP and others like him.  And it wasn't aimed at you at all.  

As someone else noted, we have a long pattern of this kind of thing from the right in the form of one insane conspiracy after another.  At some point, people should have learned by now that the sources for this stuff (especially places like Gateway Pundit) are not credible and should not be believed.  And when those people continue to post stuff from those same discredited sources, there ought to be some condemnation of it because they should be ashamed of falling for it every single time.  Again, that's not you.  It's the OP and some of the other people on the boards.  

mdrake34 likes this

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

I'm talking more about the "Podesta/Clinton killed him because he was the source" or the alternative "Russians killed him because he was the source" type of conspiracy stuff from the OP and others like him.  And it wasn't aimed at you at all.  

As someone else noted, we have a long pattern of this kind of thing from the right in the form of one insane conspiracy after another.  At some point, people should have learned by now that the sources for this stuff (especially places like Gateway Pundit) are not credible and should not be believed.  And when those people continue to post stuff from those same discredited sources, there ought to be some condemnation of it because they should be ashamed of falling for it every single time.  Again, that's not you.  It's the OP and some of the other people on the boards.  

who on here was a birther? Please Link to that fact.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

OP is an alt. 

falconsd56 and Leon Troutsky like this

3 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

Yea, but all that pales in comparison to that grand daddy of all conspiracy the left loves, Man made Global Warming. I got to say, Russia is beginning to rival that and when the news comes down that the media and left were lying the whole time about it, the bernie sanders anger is going to seem like a kids birthday party. How does the left lie to the people so often and not get thrown from the rooftops?

DH, I understand the earth goes through natural cycles i.e. ice ages. But when you interfere with a natural cycle by introducing a variable such as carbon emissions, it messes the whole equation up. 

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

And the most prominent promoter of the insane birther conspiracy is our current Commander in Chief.  That should not be forgotten.

SpongeDad and mdrake34 like this

Just now, marla_mulder said:

I joked about Scalia and nowhere have i said Hillary or the DNC killed Seth Rich. In fact, I have said repeatedly that I don't know who killed him. My attention has been on the possibility that he leaked the emails and the fact that his murder investigation has gone nowhere in a year.  At least get it right.

"I haven't said the DNC killed him, but I don't believe the official reports about his killing and think it was related to him leaking info to Wikileaks!"

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

DH, I understand the earth goes through natural cycles i.e. ice ages. But when you interfere with a natural cycle by introducing a variable such as carbon emissions, it messes the whole equation up. 

Sponge, you are a very smart guy, you've been through a ton in your days, but I have to disagree. Carbon is a bit partical, it greens the earth, we exhale it and in the scheme of our atmosphere, its a speck. Our planet absorbs, bleeds off all kinds of gases and trace elements 24/7. Our oceans absorb carbon and our core is made up of Carbon. We've had a 1 degree temp change following a mini ice age that caused the vikings to leave their home abruptly and move South, invading and conquering as they went. We had 5 snow ball earths where the earth was a solid block of ice. We saw man walk across the bearing straights some 8000 years ago and we have sea communities 100 miles inlet in the South. This is to say, our planet is ginormous and changes rapidly through its Long history. Man's tiny presence, tiny time here hasn't been a blink of the eye in cosmo time. Our planet has had huge temp swings, huge carbon swings and it occurs naturally in soo much larger of an action then man's automobile or smoke stacks. 

Edited by dirtyhairy

3 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

I have said that. There are plenty of conspiracies about Russia on the left too.

I think some are stupid but others do have some merit. Flynn for example. But do I think Putin somehow coerced with Trump before the election as a grand scheme? No. But that it's just my speculation with no facts.

1 minute ago, marla_mulder said:

Thanks for clarifying.. I can agree with you in this. Gateway Pundit proved themselves during pizzagate...all kinds of false info.

Yep.  Which is why people like the OP and others jumping on the "DNC IN PANIC MODE...TICK TICK TICK" stuff so stupid.  They should have learned after being burned so many times by these idiots.  And I'm shocked that Sean Hannity would put his reputation out there like this, not just with this story but his wholesale cheerleading of Trump.  He hitched his wagon to that crowd and it's harming his career.

2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

U still holding onto that? Dude...not that serious.

I hold a mean grudge ;) 

j/k

3 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

Sponge, you are a very smart guy, you've been through a ton in your days, but I have to disagree. Carbon is a bit partical, it greens the earth, we exhale it and in the scheme of our atmosphere, its a speck. Our planet absorbs, bleeds off all kinds of gases and trace elements 24/7. Our oceans absorb carbon and our core is made up of Carbon. We've had a 1 degree temp change following a mini ice age that caused the vikings to leave their home abruptly and move South, invading and conquering as they went. We've had 5 snow ball earths where the earth was a solid block of ice. We've saw man walk across the bearing straights some 8000 years ago and we have sea communities 100 miles inlet in the South. This is to say, our planet is ginormous and changes rapidly through its Long history. Man's tiny presence, tiny time here hasn't been a blink of the eye in cosmo time. Our planet has had huge temp swings, huge carbon swings and it occurs naturally is soo much larger actions then man's automobile or smooke stacks. 

Physics, mainly QM, is my strong suit. When carbon is bonded with 2 oxygen atoms, it becomes carbon dioxide; CO2. CO2 is transparent to radiation from the sun but opaque to thermal radiation:earth. It's basically a one-way valve. There is a natural abundance of CO2 in the atmosphere that has to stay at a certain level. Factories and automobiles fluctuate this level over time.

In laymen's terms, Earth started smoking a pack of cigarettes a day starting with the industrial revolution. In the grand scheme of Earth's timeline, that's only a fraction. But, you have to keep in mind that there is a delicate equilibrium that has to be maintained in the atmosphere. To say that CO2 emissions has zero effect to the equilibrium of the atmosphere is simply not true.

If you start smoking a pack a day at the age of 15, you won't see the effects until your 30's. Earth is in it's early 20's at the present time. 

Just now, SpongeDad said:

Physics, mainly QM, is my strong suit. When carbon is bonded with 2 oxygen atoms, it becomes carbon dioxide; CO2. CO2 is transparent to radiation from the sun but opaque to thermal radiation:earth. It's basically a one-way valve. There is a natural abundance of CO2 in the atmosphere that has to stay at a certain level. Factories and automobiles fluctuate this level over time.

In laymen's terms, Earth started smoking a pack of cigarettes a day starting with the industrial revolution. In the grand scheme of Earth's timeline, that's only a fraction. But, you have to keep in mind that there is a delicate equilibrium that has to be maintained in the atmosphere. To say that CO2 emissions has zero effect to the equilibrium of the atmosphere is simply not true.

If you start smoking a pack a day at the age of 15, you won't see the effects until your 30's. Earth is in it's early 20's at the present time. 

Would that fine line be upset with say 1 million underwater volcano's, which is being estimated due to the polar shift, which happens every 9000 years? The random release of huge above ground volcano's in themselves makes man's contribution pale in comparison. Bottom line, carbon shifts in our atmosphere will not effect the climate in any significant way, unless you detonate the worlds Nuke's. 

"

Global temperatures have always been changing despite Co2 increases

• The icecap on Kilimanjaro has been melting since the 1800s, long before human emissions could have influenced the global climate, and satellites do not detect a warming trend in the region; deforestation at the foot of the mountain is the likely explanation for the melting trend (See http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/view/468/218/ for more info);

• Sea levels have been rising at the rate of 10 to 20 centimeters (four to eight inches) per hundred years for the past 6,000 years

• There has been no increase in extreme weather events (.e.g., floods, tornadoes, drought) over the past century or in the past 15 years; computer models used to forecast climate change do not predict more extreme weather

• The Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica has been melting for the past 6,000 years; Greenland’s ice sheet is not melting according to 17 years of satellite data recently released (See http://www.climatechangefraud.com/content/view/1548/218/ for more information)

• Most of the warming in the past century occurred before 1940, before CO2 emissions could have been a major factor

• Temperatures fell between 1940 and 1970 even as CO2 levels increased

James Bond 007 likes this

Also, the Seth Rich thing doesn't make sense on its face.

He wasn't a party to the Podesta emails.  So did HE hack into Podesta's account?  All of our intelligence agencies say that it was Russian code that was used for the phishing email that resulted in the hack.  So they are wrong and Seth Rich somehow, in some unspecified manner, at some unspecified time, obtained all of those emails and gave them to Wikileaks?

It doesn't even make sense.