Most Yards from Scrimmage since 2015

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Some people sure. But I really think it's 50-50 with non Steelers/Falcons fans. I have a feeling Julio beats Brown on the top 100 list this year 

This year will show it. Over a 3 year period both in wco, Julio will continue to pull out a lead. Then Ben will retire and Julio will stretch it out even more. 

1 minute ago, Drew4719 said:

3175 yards and 27 touchdowns in his last 31 regular season games, and people think Devonta can be replaced with any run-of-the-mill back. smh

'Cause he's not a "bell cow"

:rolleyes:

Same folks talkin bout Devonta isn't a "bell cow" are the same ones acting like LeVeon Bell isn't one more failed drug screen away from a 10 game suspension

Devonta's saber metrics prove he is a producer and should be paid....tie that in with his competitive/toughness score?! The guy is a stud!

I do not want to see the Falcons competing against this guy!

20 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

'Cause he's not a "bell cow"

:rolleyes:

Same folks talkin bout Devonta isn't a "bell cow" are the same ones acting like LeVeon Bell isn't one more failed drug screen away from a 10 game suspension

Lol, guess we should make Free wear a bell while he's breaking ankles and eating yds.

12 minutes ago, Drew4719 said:

3175 yards and 27 touchdowns in his last 31 regular season games, and people think Devonta can be replaced with any run-of-the-mill back. smh

Free is worth a big contract as a back.  The question is he worth a big contract as a tandem or trifecta?   It is going to come down to choice as Teco will be up for contract too and while he has not played as much as Free, he has been just as productive on a per-play basis.  I love Free and want him to get paid but not so much that it hurts our ability to keep other significant contributors and we have a lot of kids coming up on contracts.  Less about Free and more about the cap for me.  

48 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Free is worth a big contract as a back.  The question is he worth a big contract as a tandem or trifecta?   It is going to come down to choice as Teco will be up for contract too and while he has not played as much as Free, he has been just as productive on a per-play basis.  I love Free and want him to get paid but not so much that it hurts our ability to keep other significant contributors and we have a lot of kids coming up on contracts.  Less about Free and more about the cap for me.  

Great post. These are the same questions I have and why I'm so hesitant to jump on the pay Freeman "elite money" bandwagon..

55 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

How would it stop us from paying our own? Only thing it would stop is big FA splashes. 

You just don't let your studs walk in their prime man...

13 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Great post. These are the same questions I have and why I'm so hesitant to jump on the pay Freeman "elite money" bandwagon..

But that's why you start a conveyor belt of talent like NE does. Ship em in ship em out. Only keep the core. We can pay free AND pay Teco when the time comes. This is the youngest team in the NFL now that the old guys like freeney and babs are gone. There's plenty of time to maneuver how to pay our own. Seattle did it for years. Their core is still intact while only losing a few pieces that the replacements were already on the roster. I keep trying to tell folks this is how you build a winner. Building an atmosphere of competition. Competition at every position.  We're gonna have our core guys for at LEAST 5 years. That's enough time to win 2 SB's. 

20 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

But that's why you start a conveyor belt of talent like NE does. Ship em in ship em out. Only keep the core. We can pay free AND pay Teco when the time comes. This is the youngest team in the NFL now that the old guys like freeney and babs are gone. There's plenty of time to maneuver how to pay our own. Seattle did it for years. Their core is still intact while only losing a few pieces that the replacements were already on the roster. I keep trying to tell folks this is how you build a winner. Building an atmosphere of competition. Competition at every position.  We're gonna have our core guys for at LEAST 5 years. That's enough time to win 2 SB's. 

And draft replacements.  In two or three drafts we have a lot whole new defense and some key offensive stars. It doesn't have to stop. 

9 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

You just don't let your studs walk in their prime man...

I hear you but that's not reality.  If you have too many studs, you don't have a choice but to part ways with some of them.  The whole point of the cap is to keep teams from being able to buy and hold onto too much talent in order to create parity.  Matt, Julio, Alex, Tur and Rocky alone account for over 1/3rd of the cap.  Giving Free mega bucks may prevent us from retaining guys down the road.  We can't take care of everybody. When you "try" do that, you become the New Orleans 7&9ers and end up handcuffed in FA bidding or having to part with talent that you'd rather not.  Cooks and Graham were both shipped not because NO wanted to get rid of them...they just couldn't afford them.  It's not about Free, it's just about math.

52 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Speaking of Seattle, I think the loss of Lynch hurt them more than people realize. While Lynch and Freeman are different backs , i think they are both core players for their team.

9 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Speaking of Seattle, I think the loss of Lynch hurt them more than people realize. While Lynch and Freeman are different backs , i think they are both core players for their team.

Exactly. When you lose an essential part of your core it makes the team different. Just like when we lost turner and about 6 other core  players

23 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Lynch leaving changed their culture and philosophy completely.

truth to tell, Seattle hasn't been the same since blowing SB game against pats. It's my biggest concern for us coming into this season.