Clark

Im an idiot.... but crisis averted

67 posts in this topic

I wanted to share this with fellow Falcons fans because only you all would understand this situation and my frustration with myself.

My fiancé and I are getting married on November 11th.  We were unsure about a honeymoon due to cost but very recently found a good deal at a resort in Jamaica.  The deal was set to expire yesterday and I rushed to get it booked due to the deadline.  I got everything booked (reservations, flights, etc) for December because the cost during that time was a bit less than November for some reason.  The dates were December 3rd through December 7th.

Well, last night I thought to myself "Gee, I didn't even think to look at what Falcons games are scheduled during that time."  Naturally, I happened to schedule the honeymoon for literally the only span of days that would cause me to miss two games of the season - Sunday December 3 vs Vikings and Thursday December 7 vs New Orleans.  Being the die hard I am, I was pretty pissed at myself.  Only I would do something like that.  I literally lost sleep about it last night - I know, kinda pathetic.

I called today and luckily was able to change everything to the following week without any additional cost or penalties because the airline tickets had yet to be issued.  Whew, crisis averted.  Now I only have to wonder what I had going on that week that I will now have to worry about rescheduling :D

Thanks for reading.

7 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Football is merely entertainment.

Oh I agree, and I would have got over it pretty quickly.  With that said, I was able to make the change with no issues whatsoever so why not do it?

Tim Mazetti likes this

3 minutes ago, EJmusic said:

That's why you get married in the SUMMER!!!! 

Bro, those types of things are not as important to me as they are to the Mrs.  I just go along with her wishes.

9 minutes ago, Clark said:

Bro, those types of things are not as important to me as they are to the Mrs.  I just go along with her wishes.

I feel you. When we were looking at venues we came across a place that booked a wedding on the Superbowl a few years back. I was in shocked and made sure I wasn't gonna get screwed like that. 

17 minutes ago, falken said:

My wife said it was her or the Falcons.

<--------single dad. Two kids.

My wife was a Saints fan.  She converted when we got married. :D

27 minutes ago, Clark said:

I got married in mid-October and I live in New York. Autumn weddings are the jam. 

Thought this was going to be a variation of the old joke. 

"Had a disaster and accidentally booked my honeymoon on the same day as a Falcons game that I had two tickets for so I can't go. If anybody is interested in going instead of me, just get to the airport - my wife's name is Jess."

papachaz and The Martyr like this

26 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

2009 must have been heck for you:lol:

Funny enough, bounty gate helped convert her lol.  She was pissed that they were trying to hurt other teams' players.  She was less of a fan after that.

38 minutes ago, capologist said:

This is why summer weddings are popular...

Didn't realize summer weddings were popular at all.  Summers in Kansas get pretty hot and the idea of having a wedding on a 105 degree day just doesn't sound enticing at all.

Man, you were that close to sending your wife on the honeymoon alone.  Sounds extreme, I know, but dire situations require drastic measures.

papachaz and Vandy like this

33 minutes ago, Clark said:

Didn't realize summer weddings were popular at all.  Summers in Kansas get pretty hot and the idea of having a wedding on a 105 degree day just doesn't sound enticing at all.

Jamaica is awesome man, you'll love it. Perfect time of year to go too. Congrats also on getting married.

PM me if you need any info on places to eat there, etc 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Jamaica is awesome man, you'll love it. Perfect time of year to go too. Congrats also on getting married.

PM me if you need any info on places to eat there, etc 

Thanks Vandy!  Will do

Congrats!  Great time to get married.  Weather is great that time of year and doing Jamaica in Dec is perfect as most of the storms will have cleared out by then.  

With that said... enjoy doin the dirty bird and maybe you can do like Luda and get one in on the 50 yrd line of the Georgia Dome!

Clark likes this

11 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Some folks would consider a honeymoon as entertainment too.

Perfect response :D

This is the main reason why my wife & I got married in the month of May.

Close call, don't forget to plan your football weekend around your wedding anniversary weekend every year going forward.